TK Mobile App

Old May 30, 14, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
TK Mobile App

Has anyone been using TK's mobile app? For domestic travel it fails to list all possible flights. There's also price disparity with the website. When you check in online it completes check-in without asking if you want to change your seat etc. Also not possible to make an award reservation. On my recent trip to the US I flew with United and JetBlue and they are so ahead with their apps. I fail to understand why TK uses such a limited app.
Old May 30, 14, 9:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I have used it twice to check in, and to be honest it's quite hopeless. I don't really understand why it can't just generate a passbook BP directly in the app, but you have to type in your phone number to have the link sent by sms. Quite useless if you're keeping your phone in flight mode to avoid expensive roaming charges.

Also I don't like the way the destinations are written. For instance on a normal Passbook BP you'll have the airport codes written in capital letters, with the destination name written on small letters on top. E.g IST -> JFK

In the TK app however you have DEPART -> ARRIVE written instead of the airport codes. Also the app doesn't display your Miles&Smiles status and you can't enter the self-service gates in the lounge using it. In other words it's a useless app.
Old May 30, 14, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
They also list the times for the flights without showing the cost. You just have to keep going back and forth until you actually find a flight that you are happy with its schedule and cost.
Old May 30, 14, 3:01 pm

To be honest I have tried to use it couple of times, but using the website is much safer. For such a big and successful company, their mobile app needs to improve a lot! After attempting to use it for awhile I just gave up on it...

Search this Thread