Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines leaves Star Alliance Terminal in Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines leaves Star Alliance Terminal in Munich

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 3:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by moeser
I hope they'll open their own lounge,like in FRA
Their own lounge in FRA? Other than the Lufthansa lounges, only Air Canada has its own lounge in FRA T1.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 6, 2014 at 4:43 am
Old May 6, 2014, 4:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Their own lounge in FRA? Other than the Lufthansa lounges, only Air Canada has its own lounge in FRA T1.
TK have expressed an interest to open up their own lounge at FRA.
Old May 6, 2014, 5:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by starflyergold
That would be interesting. Hopefully they will find some space and the construction work won't take as long as it took Air Canada before the MLL finally opened after two years.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:02 am

TK opens their first own lounge outside Turkey in Moscow this month. The design is identical to the lounge in Istanbul.

New York was supposed to get the first TK owned lounge outside Turkey, yet they have trouble finding the right space in the terminal.

I'd assume that MUC is also on the list for a dedicated lounge given it's a major business destination and the 6 daily departures on TK metal to Istanbul.

It will be interesting to see if *G pax are allowed to bring one guest to the Atlantic Lounge.

MUC Terminal 1C already houses the Emirates lounge and Etihad is also building their own lounge.
Old May 8, 2014, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Her are the plans for new TK lounges according to T.Kotil.

http://www.wcarn.com/news/34/34093.html
Old May 10, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by xxlboy
I dont think that it a lose for tk any way. May be a good chance.
I do not enjoy at lh lounges at all..
Then you did not visit lounges of other airlines. If I compare those to SEN lounges, than I must say they are in the upper level. Go to United lounge anywhere in the world they are horrible. Like a canteen!
Besides I am happy that TK moves out of *A terminal in MUC, so more space in so crowded LH lounges.

Since AC has their own lounges in FRA, LH lounges are more pleasant, with lots of space to sit down
Old May 10, 2014, 11:15 am

[QUOTE=kai.lileboo;22841812]
Besides I am happy that TK moves out of *A terminal in MUC, so more space in so crowded LH lounges.
/QUOTE]

You wish Hence the Shuttle Service
Old May 10, 2014, 11:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Then you did not visit lounges of other airlines. If I compare those to SEN lounges, than I must say they are in the upper level. Go to United lounge anywhere in the world they are horrible. Like a canteen!

Since AC has their own lounges in FRA, LH lounges are more pleasant, with lots of space to sit down
Maybe LH should build a lounge at IST....
Old May 10, 2014, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
As long as it is high density occupied by customers, lots of space is not comfort at all. Whenever I was in muc, LH lounge was almost full.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:26 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
The Atlantic lounge might not be a fancy one, but if there is plenty of space and is not as crowded as the LH ones, then this might be a blessing in disguise. Here is a report that I was able to find about it with pics. I will be flying on 5/18 and will check it out if I have time.

http://efficientasianman.com/2013/08...uc-terminal-1/
Old May 11, 2014, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by aw
The Atlantic lounge might not be a fancy one, but if there is plenty of space and is not as crowded as the LH ones, then this might be a blessing in disguise. Here is a report that I was able to find about it with pics. I will be flying on 5/18 and will check it out if I have time.

http://efficientasianman.com/2013/08...uc-terminal-1/
Thanks for the link. It doesn't look too bad I have to say.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Thanks for the link. It doesn't look too bad I have to say.
Opposed to SEN lounge no Champagne, cheap liquors, close to zero food.
The cocktails and freshly brewed espresso will also be missed.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:49 am

I am in the Atlantic Lounge now.

Very United Clubesque.

A major downgrade.

The terminal experience is also way behind T2.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:41 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I found this lounge underwhelming and just functional. Thankfully it was not crowded when I visited and I had plenty of room to stretch. Here is a link to my report:

http://flight-report.com/en/report-7151.html
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
There is some space in FRA if TK is interested in their own lounge. The SEN and BIZ Lounges by gate A26 closed when new lounges opened in the central area of A concourse but the space is still empty with no sign of any refurbishment.

Since the lounge would be in Schengen it might be more convenient if Turkey signed the Schengen agreement which should be possible without being a member of the EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.