Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: potjernik
If you have recently renewed your M&S membership card or been status matched and have not yet received your new shiny card you can get one made for you at the Miles&Smiles helpdesk at IST airport.

There are three locations that you could get your card in Istanbul Airport ( IST ). Two of them are at the international departures hall ( airside ) of the terminal while the other one is at the check-in area.
You could find the respective desks at these points;

Landside:
-At Check-in island D next to the domestic Economy check-in counters of TK. Reported operating hours: 07:00 - 22:00

Airside: ( Opening Soon, date not available )
-Near Longchamp and Montblanc, next to Plus Kitchen on the western part of the duty free area
-Across the Old Bazaar store, next to HQuick Lounge café at the eastern part of the duty free area

For directions to these desks, you could access the airport map by clicking here. Simply write "Miles&Smiles Stand" to the search area.

Be aware that a valid ID ( Turkish ID, Turkish Drivers License, Passport for Turkish citizens and Passport for all other nationalities ) must be shown to the agent at the desk. The number of the documentation must match the information on your Miles&Smiles account.
Print Wikipost

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yep just tried and only got the regular card.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Picked up wife's card today at IST landside M&S booth and they were about to give her the Batman one but we opted for regular Elite card instead.

Anyways, you can get Batman ones from there too now.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: TK Elite
anyone flying IST-ZRH who could pick up the card for me?

Hi guys,

Since my BP when flying LX or LH does not show *G and I havn't received my card yet, I cannot use any fast track or lounges. Is anyone of you flying IST-ZRH next week who could pick up the card for me? I'd come to ZRH to pick it up.

Anyone tried to pick up the card for someone else?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
I got my new Batman VSuperman Elite card last Sunday while transitting. (became elite member a few days ago). Thanks to you guys for this thread!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be hitting Elite Plus next week, but I suspect that it'll take a few weeks until I get the card sent to me. Since my mother is flying through Istanbul that same week, I'm thinking of asking her to pick up the card for me.

What documents or information do I need to provide her in order to pick up the card for me? Is it possible to just send her a screenshot with the electronic card barcode for her to show the people at the desk, or do they need something more? Also is it possible to get luggage tags printed there as well, or do I have to wait for the welcome package for those?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:24 am

New Istanbul airport

Is there a similar place to print a M&S cards at the new Istanbul airport?

Cheers
Thomas
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tcswede
Is there a similar place to print a M&S cards at the new Istanbul airport?

Cheers
Thomas
There are three Miles&Smiles card stands at Istanbul Airport. You could find them both at the airside and the landside.
The landside one is near check in island E and the airside ones at are located at each side of the terminal ( east, west )

You could see the exact position of the desks here in the airport map. Just type Miles&Smiles in the search area.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:23 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

You could see the exact position of the desks here in the airport map. Just type Miles&Smiles in the search area.
Not speaking Turkish it took me a moment to figure it out how to play with the map. I finally found one airside desk across gate C1 - next to Montblanc & Longhamp.

Thanks ISTFlyer for sharing the map link

PS. I also updated Wiki with ISTFlyer's post
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by TPJ; Apr 18, 2019 at 6:28 am
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thank you TPJ for updating the WIKI; I am deleting the old information related to Atatürk and changing it with the new information as Atatürk Airport is closed to passenger operations.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Tried to locate yesterday the counter to no avail.... Truth is that I hurried to the gate so didn't have much time although I did consult this thread and the interactive map of the terminal. I'll give it another go next week although I don't think the physical card is really needed thee days.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Tried to locate yesterday the counter to no avail.... Truth is that I hurried to the gate so didn't have much time although I did consult this thread and the interactive map of the terminal. I'll give it another go next week although I don't think the physical card is really needed thee days.
No agent present, no cards left or you couldn't find the desk?
There are 3 desks within the terminal ( 1 landside and 2 international airside ) so if one of them has issues, try the other one.
The physical card is not needed in most basic cases but if you try something complicated ( such as purchasing an award ticket with another *A program that you have no status and trying to enter the lounge via your TK*G), the physical card may be needed.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:03 pm

No agent present, no cards left or you couldn't find the desk?
There are 3 desks within the terminal ( 1 landside and 2 international airside ) so if one of them has issues, try the other one.
The physical card is not needed in most basic cases but if you try something complicated ( such as purchasing an award ticket with another *A program that you have no status and trying to enter the lounge via your TK*G), the physical card may be needed.
Could not find it; I sat for two hours in the lounge and planned on going there on the way to the gate but that was a mistake. Next week I'll go there before anything else.
Old May 27, 2019, 4:15 am

SO..... according to the polite and seemingly knowledgeable agent at the Turkish Airlines information desk (airside, near the A pier) the only M&S desk is landside. No airside desks according to him Went there to ask after I could not find neither desk....
Old May 27, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
SO..... according to the polite and seemingly knowledgeable agent at the Turkish Airlines information desk (airside, near the A pier) the only M&S desk is landside. No airside desks according to him Went there to ask after I could not find neither desk....
You should have checked the WIKI of this thread, at the airport, there are two M&S card print desks at the duty-free area of Istanbul Airport. The airport map in the WIKI clearly indicates where those desks are located.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:37 am

You should have checked the WIKI of this thread, at the airport, there are two M&S card print desks at the duty-free area of Istanbul Airport. The airport map in the WIKI clearly indicates where those desks are located.
Dear ISTFlyer, thank you for all you hard work. I have indeed checked the WIKI, used the interactive map and physically walked according the descriptions and yet could not find them. After failing to find them on two occasions (and I am a good terminal navigator) I went to the Turkish information to ask and was told they don't exist (this in itself is preplaxing). Perhaps someone could take a picture of those desk to others can locate them; I would have gladly done that have I found them.... I'll be around again in three weeks and maybe I'll get luckier that time, or perhaps a miracle will happen and I will get the card by post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.