Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: potjernik
If you have recently renewed your M&S membership card or been status matched and have not yet received your new shiny card you can get one made for you at the Miles&Smiles helpdesk at IST airport.

There are three locations that you could get your card in Istanbul Airport ( IST ). Two of them are at the international departures hall ( airside ) of the terminal while the other one is at the check-in area.
You could find the respective desks at these points;

Landside:
-At Check-in island D next to the domestic Economy check-in counters of TK. Reported operating hours: 07:00 - 22:00

Airside: ( Opening Soon, date not available )
-Near Longchamp and Montblanc, next to Plus Kitchen on the western part of the duty free area
-Across the Old Bazaar store, next to HQuick Lounge café at the eastern part of the duty free area

For directions to these desks, you could access the airport map by clicking here. Simply write "Miles&Smiles Stand" to the search area.

Be aware that a valid ID ( Turkish ID, Turkish Drivers License, Passport for Turkish citizens and Passport for all other nationalities ) must be shown to the agent at the desk. The number of the documentation must match the information on your Miles&Smiles account.
Print Wikipost

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
What is the quickest way out to the landside M&S desk and back in if I would like to store my carryon bag in the lounge lockers? Many thanks!
Go towards the A gates, when going down with escalator on the right side you will see sliding doors from where the people coming in. Go there and tell the security that you wanna go to immigration, they will let you pass. After receiving your card from customer service desk(not from Elite Plus desk), go through Elite area to security.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Can’t be too difficult installing a card printer at the M&S Lounge Info Desk!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Can’t be too difficult installing a card printer at the M&S Lounge Info Desk!
I think that they should finish the maintenance that is ongoing almost for a year.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Picked up my new card today. The whole process took less then a minute to make the card. In total, it took just 20 minutes from the moment I disembarked my domestic flight, arrived in the arrivals hall, headed back up to domestic departures, make the card at the M&S desk, clear passport control and security, up to the moment I arrived in the international M&S lounge. Smooth process.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Picked up my new card today. The whole process took less then a minute to make the card. In total, it took just 20 minutes from the moment I disembarked my domestic flight, arrived in the arrivals hall, headed back up to domestic departures, make the card at the M&S desk, clear passport control and security, up to the moment I arrived in the international M&S lounge. Smooth process.
Thanks for reporting,
Did they provide your card in the old or new template?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Thanks for reporting,
Did they provide your card in the old or new template?
Old card template, exactly the same as my previous card, only the expiry date is different.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Excellent and quick service at Istanbul airport. I was able to even get an extra card ....the TK agent offered it just in case I loose the other one or to turn into a luggage tag. Yes they do not give luggage tags any longer.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: TK, SQ, Swiss M&M
Just to say that I also picked up my Elite card a few weeks ago, in mid October, when transiting in IST. I had to clear immigration, buy an e-Visa in advance and then the pickup was very quick at the M&S desk in departures.

Since then I've never been asked to show the card, even at Lufthansa lounges. The TK*G written on the boarding passes or the digital card in the app have been enough.

To cap it all, I received a card in the post today from TK. No fancy wooden box, just an envelope, a covering letter and the card.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
I picked up my card last Saturday morning while transiting via IST. The counter opened up around 6.45 AM. As there was no queue, it just took a few minutes.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:19 pm

Does anyone know if this is currently open? My physical E+ card expired in October and the mobile app card doesn't show an expiry date, so I've had a couple of issues when flying with partners. I'll be passing through IST next week so figured it would be a good time to pick up a new one if available.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Does anyone know if this is currently open? My physical E+ card expired in October and the mobile app card doesn't show an expiry date, so I've had a couple of issues when flying with partners. I'll be passing through IST next week so figured it would be a good time to pick up a new one if available.
I do not believe it is open. But you can still display card expiry date in the App. Click on Menu, then on My Miles, then on Elite Plus Protection Transactions and voila - expiry date is visible
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
I do not believe it is open. But you can still display card expiry date in the App. Click on Menu, then on My Miles, then on Elite Plus Protection Transactions and voila - expiry date is visible
Ah wonderful, I did not notice that. I've screenshotted now and saved to my phone. Would have been very useful a few weeks ago!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:26 am

Pickup success in 2024

You wanting to let you know, that the pickup still works in 2024.

I have just got my Elite membership card at the landside service desk.
DaveS likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:50 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Does it have the expiry date on it? Last one I picked up didn't and it's caused issues in a few places.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Apparently there are no desks airside that can do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.