Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: potjernik
If you have recently renewed your M&S membership card or been status matched and have not yet received your new shiny card you can get one made for you at the Miles&Smiles helpdesk at IST airport.

There are three locations that you could get your card in Istanbul Airport ( IST ). Two of them are at the international departures hall ( airside ) of the terminal while the other one is at the check-in area.
You could find the respective desks at these points;

Landside:
-At Check-in island D next to the domestic Economy check-in counters of TK. Reported operating hours: 07:00 - 22:00

Airside: ( Opening Soon, date not available )
-Near Longchamp and Montblanc, next to Plus Kitchen on the western part of the duty free area
-Across the Old Bazaar store, next to HQuick Lounge café at the eastern part of the duty free area

For directions to these desks, you could access the airport map by clicking here. Simply write "Miles&Smiles Stand" to the search area.

Be aware that a valid ID ( Turkish ID, Turkish Drivers License, Passport for Turkish citizens and Passport for all other nationalities ) must be shown to the agent at the desk. The number of the documentation must match the information on your Miles&Smiles account.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LH4116
So it's not possible to offer them a generous tip in exchange for a card upgrade to Elite Plus?

Or I suppose if one is unlucky they will downgrade you to Classic for trying to bribe a "uniformed officer"
Bribing uniformed officers should generally not be done unless the bribe is sugested by said officer,in which case it would be offered as a "receiptless option" and generally cost you abouth half of the relewant (generally speeding) ticket,unless you have very,very many penalty points on your licence,in which case I have heard that the "receiptless option" can actually become rather expensive!!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:23 pm

Does TK give baggage tags or just the card?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Does TK give baggage tags or just the card?
Just the card. I asked about the baggage tag when I had my card printed; they answered i should request it from the TK website
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:59 am
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
Official opening times

Does anybody know for sure the official opening/closing times for the Landside and Airside desks ?

Thanks much
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by trello
Took literally under one minute. It was open prior to 7.30 (i was there around 6.45 am) - no problems. Very friendly girl who printed, no questions asked. Just showed her my BP.
Dito for me this morning at the landside counter. And now on board TK with free inflight WiFi.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Originally Posted by acf1270
If anyone traveling thru IST the next week is willing to help out a fellow FTer and is able to pickup my card for me please send me a PM. You would be doing me a huge favor which I would greatly appreciate, and I would definitely reimburse for any expenses involved and am willing to compensate you for your trouble. I am located in NYC for the next few weeks, so ideally someone who is traveling to the US. But if someone is willing to send it to me by post that would also work, and of course I would reimburse for any shipping costs.

Thanks
bump

anyone?
Old May 3, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum Life | BA Gold | TK Elite | IHG Platinum | Club Carlson Silver | Marriott Gold
Thank you all for the helpful information. Got my card literally within 60 seconds after showing my boarding pass this morning.

Now enjoying a freshly made Latte in the CIP lounge whilst typing this
Old May 6, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
I will be at Istanbul Ataturk Airport on May 16th.

I'll be happy to help anyone to pickup your card and post it to you. I will be travelling to GIG via AMS that day. So I can post your card from IST (there is a post office at the airport) or from Rio.

Just let me know.

Your last statement would be great help, but I can also to try to pick it up only with your M&S number and name. I successfully picked up my father's and friends' cards this way.

But I have to say they are out of classic cards most of the time. No problems for other cards.

Have a great day!
Old May 17, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Also someone so nice to pick up mine? I will be in IST in september but have a lot A* flights before that time were the card would be good for.
I also offer to pick up the card in september for other flyertalkers if details are provided.
Old May 18, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by rozy
I will be at Istanbul Ataturk Airport on May 16th.

I'll be happy to help anyone to pickup your card and post it to you. I will be travelling to GIG via AMS that day. So I can post your card from IST (there is a post office at the airport) or from Rio.

Just let me know.

Your last statement would be great help, but I can also to try to pick it up only with your M&S number and name. I successfully picked up my father's and friends' cards this way.

But I have to say they are out of classic cards most of the time. No problems for other cards.

Have a great day!
Drats! Wishing that I would have checked this thread the other day. Wondering if anyone would be willing to grab mine and just take a photo or scan it for me. No need to post it.
Old May 24, 2014, 4:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Just for the record... I arrived yesterday at about 10pm. The pick up point in the transit area was still open.
Old May 26, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Opening hours M&S desk airside

They usually open some time between 08:00 and 08:30, and close again between 22:00 and 22:30.

Yesterday the machine that prints the cards was out of service.... I hope it's been fixed again or will be soon.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Matched on 5 Aug. 2013, Elite card package delivered today 28 May 2014.
Gotta love TK
Old May 31, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
I am back from South America, and using domestic airport on June 5 on the way back from ADB (around 9:00pm) and flying to IAD on June 10. (Flight at 1:40pm)

I can pick up your card and post from the US if you are from there...or scan or whatever you want. I am a regular in IST so please send an PM if you need your card.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Canada freak
They usually open some time between 08:00 and 08:30, and close again between 22:00 and 22:30.

Yesterday the machine that prints the cards was out of service.... I hope it's been fixed again or will be soon.
I got mine printed at just before 22:00 on May 31. It took one minute. Great amenity!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.