Search

Advise for flying on LH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Advise for flying on LH

Just want to check with you regular posters on a few things. I have checked the Star Allaince site and want to double check here.

I have 6 LH flight coming up all short haul within Europe.

I have M&S gold card and have only ever flown on TK & SQ so never had use for looking at other airline benefits.

The flights I have booked are all in Economy class as the flights are too short to warrant paying for business class.

1) Check in can use priority lines
2) Can use LH lounge at the following ports FRA,FDH,MAN.
3) Can choose seat when booking online with LH or after booking is made ( appreciate any advise on this )
4) Priority boarding.
5) Extra 20 KG checked in luggage on these European flights.

Any other tips greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:03 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mayodave

1) Check in can use priority lines
2) Can use LH lounge at the following ports FRA,FDH,MAN.
3) Can choose seat when booking online with LH or after booking is made ( appreciate any advise on this )
4) Priority boarding.
5) Extra 20 KG checked in luggage on these European flights.
1. Yes - First class check in in FRA (but not in the First Class terminal!), business class elsewhere
2. Yes - use Senator lounge - you need to show the card, LH is very strict: no card = no access
3. No - this is not a Star Gold benefit - it will cost you 10EUR (per flight, huh) or you can choose for free at check-in, unless the flight is very full the seat next to you would be blocked automatically (so it doesn't make any sense to pay)
4. Yes (but priority boarding does not really exist at the bus gates)
5. No - LH is on piece concept, so you can take extra piece of baggage (up to 23 kg), but if your baggage weights more than 23kg - you will have to pay - just take an extra piece to avoid problems - your allowance is, therefore, 2 x 23kg
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
TPJ thanks for your help I did check through the sticky but after lots of reading I felt it warranted asking the question on the forum.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
You are welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.