Search

Bassinet Seating Query

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Privilege
Arrow Bassinet Seating Query

Hey Guys,

I'll be taking a TK flight in July from DEL-ZUR, and then STO-DEL couple of weeks later.

I will be traveling with my 11 month old & wanted to understand if TK charges extra for bassinet seating (like for eg: Finnair charges 60 euros for seat allocation).

Will TK allot me bassinet seat automatically and will I have to request for it in anyway?

I plan to buy tickets tomorrow itself, 4 months out from the date of travel.

What do you guys think?

Thank you.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
You won't be able to change seats when you book because you are more than three months ahead. But you can ring up and ask them to assign you a bassinet seat. If you book online I'm not 100% it will happen automatically so might want to ring to make sure (although i have no experience of this). I don't think they charge, but could be wrong. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong!
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: EB, AY+
Does your 11m baby fit in a bassinet?
My son was way too tall to fit bassinet when he was 13 months old.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Privilege
Originally Posted by pekkav
Does your 11m baby fit in a bassinet?
My son was way too tall to fit bassinet when he was 13 months old.
Hmm.. good point. I'll check on that.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Anyone know the dimensions of the bassinet used by TK?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Anyone know the dimensions of the bassinet used by TK?
It's the standard size that most airline uses. A big challenge using the bassinet is that a lot of babies can't stand being alone there. I saw them jumping up and down in them, sit up leaning out, throwing toys out of the bassinet...... My strategy was to make sure they sleep deep enough before putting them there.

My little girl was really upset when she was woken up by the crew when we were about to land. So once again, be prepared for that.

For an Indian baby you should be able to put your 11mo old in. A lot of airlines said it's for under 7 months. TK doesn't seem to care as far as I have seen (my kids were above 2 when we started using TK). I think it's more a width issue than length issue for a lot of western babies.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
It's the standard size that most airline uses. A big challenge using the bassinet is that a lot of babies can't stand being alone there. I saw them jumping up and down in them, sit up leaning out, throwing toys out of the bassinet...... My strategy was to make sure they sleep deep enough before putting them there.

My little girl was really upset when she was woken up by the crew when we were about to land. So once again, be prepared for that.

For an Indian baby you should be able to put your 11mo old in. A lot of airlines said it's for under 7 months. TK doesn't seem to care as far as I have seen (my kids were above 2 when we started using TK). I think it's more a width issue than length issue for a lot of western babies.
Thanks. It seems from my searches that each airline has a slightly different size bassinet, and the one I can't find any info on at all is for Turkish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.