Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest TK long-haul business?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Maybe not as good as VKO-IST-HKG deal, but for anyone based in North America, this should be as good as it gets for TK MS members.

TK has just released the mileage accruals of IST-TPE, at 5913 miles (circuitous route), it's the longest Asian route (even longer than IST-NRT). Along with current YYZ-IST-TPE J fares for around $3000 USD, we're looking at less than 9 cpm (do the calculations to find out) for M&S E/E+/C+ members.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
ex-Egypt (CAI/HBE/SSH/HRG) to BKK can be had for €1100 return in J-class. I checked for May-June-July on ITA and saw widely open. TK's web site says €1114.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:27 pm

No one mentioned here but I would rather share it in M&S subforum first

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

OSL-IST-HKG 13864 NOK ($1740) J ai - showing up after Sept 2015, didn't I see fares at 10000 NOK earlier?

At this price why fly in Y? I am even thinking about not using my E+ upgrade vouchers traveling to Asia and have a stopover in OSL.

I think I saw a few more from AMS, RTM, ARN, ATH, and I will report back. Be sure to check thy.com as itasoftware.com can be out of date.

updates:

To BKK from ARN/GOT/OSL/CPH around 10000 SEK ($1200 USD), most are traveling by Sept, saw a few dates in Oct.
To HKG from ATH/AMS/GOT/RTM from €1306/€1389/€1559/€1489, ATH very limited, AMS scattered all over evn into 2016.
To KIX from LUX/BRU/OPO/LIS from €1700, a lot more expensive outside these 4 airports.

Last edited by vincewy; Jun 8, 2015 at 1:35 am
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by vincewy
At this price why fly in Y? I am even thinking about not using my E+ upgrade vouchers traveling to Asia and have a stopover in OSL.
Because the price in Y would be roughly 25% of that price - I did CPH-IST-HKG in Y for around DKK 3000. I don't have a gold mine at home and paying this price I can take 4 trips instead of 1.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Perhaps you can DIY

https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/earncalculate.tk

Fortunately we don't see those questions as often, on A3 board, it's just unbelievable with the amount of people looking for easy/cheap ways to get *G for nothing.
he is willing to pay $1300 at least twice. that's hardly "nothing." the snippy attitude is uncalled for.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: AB Gold, TK Elite
Hey,

does anyone know any cheap departure city to TPE?
VKO is really cheap. About 1130 Euro during summer. But it's almost impossible to get from MUC to VKO.
I have tried for hours today (AMS, ARN, OSL, CPH, CAI, BUD....), but with no luck at all.

Any suggestions would very helpful.
THANKS
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by mcmichi
Hey,

VKO is really cheap. About 1130 Euro during summer. But it's almost impossible to get from MUC to VKO.
I have tried for hours today (AMS, ARN, OSL, CPH, CAI, BUD....), but with no luck at all.

THANKS
Since they have cheap fares to BKK, why don't you look at going to BKK and look for a cheap fare to BKK-TPE?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Since they have cheap fares to BKK, why don't you look at going to BKK and look for a cheap fare to BKK-TPE?
Thanks for the suggestion.
But I have tried that already
But BKK-TPE during summer time costs about 500 Euros return. Then plus the MUC-OSL/ARN 200 Euros. Its about 2000 Euros in the end which is about the same price directly flying from MUC-IST-TPE.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:01 pm

But BKK-TPE during summer time costs about 500 Euros return. Then plus the MUC-OSL/ARN 200 Euros. Its about 2000 Euros in the end which is about the same price directly flying from MUC-IST-TPE.
I didn't believe you and went on kayak/travago for random dates in August and got about $300 in Y per pax RT. If you want to fly J for that short haul then you should have mentioned it earlier.

That said, I am sure you could find better deals from MUC to TPE with 1-2 lay overs than TK given the "low" price of oil.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 11, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:01 pm

Hey,

THANKS
1. AMS-HKG 1497 EUR. (availabilities wide open)
2. ARN/GOT/OSL-BKK starting 1099 EUR (ending later this month [June])
3. OSL-TPE 1800 EUR

From Munich you can get to AMS by train so the repositioning cost is much lower.

You can try LCC like VAir and Tiger Air Taiwan for a lot less, the catch is you need to change airport (to DMK) so I'd just stay in Bangkok at least the night on your way back to Europe to minimize risk of miss-connect.

http://www.flyvair.com/en/
http://www.tigerair.com/tw/zh/

Last edited by vincewy; Jun 11, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I didn't believe you and went on kayak/travago for random dates in August and got about $300 in Y per pax RT. If you want to fly J for that short haul then you should have mentioned it earlier.

That said, I am sure you could find better deals from MUC to TPE with 1-2 lay overs than TK given the "low" price of oil.
It is in Y and NOT C. Since I'm staying in TPE for over 6 months. BR only books into Y and TH into B.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:11 pm

It is in Y and NOT C. Since I'm staying in TPE for over 6 months. BR only books into Y and TH into B.
Fair enough, wished you mentioned it earlier.

Given this this circumstance, booking the direct flight maybe the best alternative, unless you have a small stash of miles you can burn.

Even if you are willing to fly budget, which I would rather not given that with the added cost (bags, seats, meals, transport between DMK - BKK, etc), it will probably be about $400-500 and you are back to square one.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:45 pm

Useful tool/template to search for best fares Europe - Asia

While we know the best deals at the moment are ARN/OSL-BKK and VKO-HKG/TPE, sometimes it's not always convenient to get to those cities and you want at least 1 way direct to/from your destination.

With TK serving over 100 cities in Europe and 15 cities in Far East, it's more like 1500 route combinations, I found a relatively quick way to find the best fares. However, you'll still need to look diligently because itasoftware.com works the best when you only have 5-6 cities in the list.

1. Go to the website

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

2. Start the search, each time with 5 in each row listed below

TIA,GRZ,SZG,VIE,MSQ
BRU,SJJ,SOF,VAR,ZAG
PRG,AAL,BLL,CPH,TLL
HEL,BOD,LYS,MRS,NCE
CDG,ORY,SXB,TLS,SXF
TXL,BRE,CGN,DUS,FRA
FDH,HAM,HAJ,FKB,LEJ
MUC,FMO,NUE,STR,ATH
SKG,BUD,DUB,SNN,BRI
BLQ,CTA,GOA,MXP,NAP
PSA,FCO,TRN,VCE,PRN
RIX,VNO,LUX,MLA,KIV
TGD,AMS,RTM,OSL,WAW
LIS,OPO,SKP,OTP,CND
BEG,LJU,BCN,BIO,MAD
AGP,SCQ,VLC,GOT,ARN
GVA,ZRH,BSL,KHE,KBP
LWO,ODS,BHX,EDI,LGW

3. Specify only 1 city you really want to go in Asia with exact dates (if you're not flexible).

4. Do not allow airport change since all those multiple airport combinations will bury second and third best city combos which may be your ideal stopover point for just a little more.

5. If you need to return from different city in Asia do this again or use multi-city.

If the overall J fares comes down to €1700 or less then I consider it a good deal.

I exclude cities in Russia and Egypt and LHR because

1. Russia requires visa which may not be feasible for EU,US,and Canadian passport holders.
2. Egypt-Asia-Egypt may be cheap, but Egypt-Asia-Europe and vice versa is a different ball game.
3. Forget LHR, it's the single most expensive airport to fly in and out of in Europe, since it's at the end of the template I just removed it.

One last thing, have fun, and it'll give you an opportunity/excuse to visit another city/country (save on airfares).
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Thank you for the template vincewy.
It helps a lot.
I see how the saving from OSL, ARN etc. are often countered by the hassle of a double flight to get there, if based in airports with no direct options.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
I see how the saving from OSL, ARN etc. are often countered by the hassle of a double flight to get there, if based in airports with no direct options.
If you're based in Southern Europe, check out flights from ATH and SKG where discount J fares come up most often, but more sporadic.

The template can also be checked against US/Canadian cities. At the moment the cheapest points from Europe to US are VNO, HEL, and OSL (many thanks to DY and AY for keeping J fares low) for around €1400 - €1600. Choose between BOS, JFK, IAD, YYZ, and ORD.

Unfortunately for US/Canada - Europe markets, deals are hard to find, the only routes found at the moments are ORD-BUD ($2366), ORD-OTP ($2445), and YYZ-Italy ($2500 USD).

update:

Someone found ORD-IST-PEK J for under $3000, cheapest US-East Asia deals in J I've ever seen

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...86-2830-a.html

I first saw this midnight June 20th CST, be curious how long this crazy deal will last this time.

Last edited by vincewy; Jun 29, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.