Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:57 am

I also got matched today until December 2016. Yay

I originally applied June 12, submitting only a picture of my United MP Gold card. They replied July 31 indicating to also send a copy of my latest UA MP statement. Since I didn't have much flight activity at that time I didn't reply right away. I resubmitted everything on Nov 18 in one PDF like this forum suggested (also with a flight booked with TK in January 2015), and then submitted a followup email on Dec 12. Didn't expect much, but today I was finally matched.

Any experience as to how long it would be before receiving the physical card?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:10 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Rejected!

Hi,

For my travel companion that requested a status match with the Advantage Platinum (Sapphire), TK rejected the status match. They said they will only consider *Gold, ST Elite+ and OW Emerald members - thought will try to push even though it was stated in the Wiki.

Just resent a request using LH M&M Senator card (no activity though - but valid until 2015) and will wait for the outcome.

Seems that they do have very high criteria for status match.

Just FYI.

Cheers!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:55 am

After reading some previous threads, I noticed that if one is flying through IST, there is a TK Miles & Smiles FF Card Printing booth where one could get a physical FF Card if it was not mailed. It seems like this booth is landside, at the check-in area. Does that mean that if I am connecting internationally in IST, I would need pass through immigration to access this booth? Is there another booth inside the terminal? I am wondering if I should obtain a visa or not for my next trip through IST.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Kiosk-airside

Originally Posted by samooer
After reading some previous threads, I noticed that if one is flying through IST, there is a TK Miles & Smiles FF Card Printing booth where one could get a physical FF Card if it was not mailed. It seems like this booth is landside, at the check-in area. Does that mean that if I am connecting internationally in IST, I would need pass through immigration to access this booth? Is there another booth inside the terminal? I am wondering if I should obtain a visa or not for my next trip through IST.
There is an additional FF printing kiosk on the airside in the transit lounge. It is located right next to the kiosk that distributes newspapers as well as right next to the "handicapped" waiting area. Do not get an e-visa for the sole reason of getting the FF card printed--you can do it while in transit. Good luck!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by cagcag
There is an additional FF printing kiosk on the airside in the transit lounge. It is located right next to the kiosk that distributes newspapers as well as right next to the "handicapped" waiting area. Do not get an e-visa for the sole reason of getting the FF card printed--you can do it while in transit. Good luck!
Thanks for this info! Very useful!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Requested a match to A3*G on October 7, 2014. Also sent them a UA screen showing 570k lifetime miles. Since then I have been hopefully using the TK number on my *A flights, including one on LH to IST.

Today received a followup email requesting a copy of the physical Gold card and a current statement. So my request is still alive and they are working through them.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Are TK very picky about the amount of recent activity for awarding matches to *G?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.