Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tk randomly canceling empty flights??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:26 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
concept of time is still an issue in that part of the world, unfortunately. so yes canceling on you to them is not a big deal. it happens very often in the US, but at least they attempt to reroute as soon as possible.

i think ur best course of action is complain on all of TKs online media presence.hopefully the loses from that day of business weren't large.

at some point someone needs to start the social complain on this to cause enough problem for them to change policy even if protected by turkish law.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you all,but,although I see this as a bit of a principe issue,there are limits to the trouble I will go to. I live in Turkey,and I know that when somebody who is at foult starts the "take me to courth" routine it is bcs they know that in Turkey they can do this,due to the hopeless ineficiency of the legal system.. It is,although,a bit sad,to learn that a company that wants to be a world brand behaves like a smal Turkish crook!!
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fadynaime
concept of time is still an issue in that part of the world, unfortunately. so yes canceling on you to them is not a big deal. it happens very often in the US, but at least they attempt to reroute as soon as possible.

i think ur best course of action is complain on all of TKs online media presence.hopefully the loses from that day of business weren't large.

at some point someone needs to start the social complain on this to cause enough problem for them to change policy even if protected by turkish law.
The problem is ofcs. that to them this does not seem like a big problem,doing this saves them the fuel IST-NRT,RT, landing fees etc etc and ofcs hotel+++ for a AB 330 crew in a city like Tokyo. Certainly NOT an insignificant amount,the aded cost of carying 100 instead of 40 pax on the next flight is almost nothing,so if you do not have to factor in rather substantial compensation the choice is easy!! At least if you do not understand the concept of customer service and loyalty which I do not think TK does as it is a heavilly goverment backed company.

Actually I would think TK regard the fact that they do not have to comply with EU regulations as a competitive advantage,-after all Mr Kotil openly stated that the fact that that TK did not take over LOT,the Polish carier,at least partly was bcs this would have put them under closer EU scrutiny.

Last edited by geirfugl; Dec 1, 2013 at 9:47 am
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by geirfugl
Thank you all,but,although I see this as a bit of a principe issue,there are limits to the trouble I will go to. I live in Turkey,and I know that when somebody who is at foult starts the "take me to courth" routine it is bcs they know that in Turkey they can do this,due to the hopeless ineficiency of the legal system.. It is,although,a bit sad,to learn that a company that wants to be a world brand behaves like a smal Turkish crook!!
It's a learning process for TK and if they are not smart enough, they might only learn it the hard way. Which means, only once they finally pissed off enough customers and their business / image reduces significantly, then they change their customer unfriendly but cost changing strategy.

But if TK treated me the way, they treated you, I would try to avoid them as much as possible in the future -and tell the people I know to do so accordingly...

Cheers ^
Fraserman
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:39 am

Just had TK255 flight cancelled DYU-IST due to "weather" on a perfectly clear, cloudless day. No notification was sent, but I happened to check my flight online. I cannot believe they are allowed to get away we with kind of thing! I was, thankfully, able to re-book, but they almost charged me a fee to change a separately booked ticket out of IST. I don't know what I would have done if they had taken a harder line on my two tickets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.