Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Candlelight dinner high above the clouds : new Do&Co concept

Candlelight dinner high above the clouds : new Do&Co concept

Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by LH4116
I personally like the fact that they don't go "dutch" on the meals for the late night departures, like many other airlines do.
+1
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Wow, what an experience!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by LH4116
I personally like the fact that they don't go "dutch" on the meals for the late night departures, like many other airlines do.
^

Agreed, was just curious about how long the whole service takes.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:17 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by killuminati
^

Agreed, was just curious about how long the whole service takes.
Between 1 hour and half and two hours
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
I am avaılable ıf someone would lıke to take me on TK candlelıght dınner.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by TheFerret
Anyone know if this candle light service is on all longhauls or only certain routes/planes?
"The new catering plan of Turkish Airlines was first introduced on the Istanbul-New York sector on 22 October 2013, as a trial application. As of today, the new concept is being used on flights to New York, Guangzhou, Jakarta, Cape Town, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Hong Kong, Washington DC, Seoul, Johannesburg, Osaka, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Chicago, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Toronto, and Houston. The new service concept will be applied across the network of Turkish Airlines in the next four months."
Old Nov 23, 2013, 5:35 am

TK60 IST to KUL on A330-300 new business class

I was fortunate to experience the new DO&CO catering on my TK60 flight from IST to KUL on November 3th. Trip report with pictures on my blog: http://travel.bart.la/2013/11/23/tur...usiness-class/ Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by bartla
I was fortunate to experience the new DO&CO catering on my TK60 flight from IST to KUL on November 3th. Trip report with pictures on my blog: http://travel.bart.la/2013/11/23/tur...usiness-class/ Thanks!
Did you get lucky with an equipment swap? Thought they send the four holers over.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Did you get lucky with an equipment swap? Thought they send the four holers over.
The TK60/61 route had the A333 several times in the past weeks http://flightaware.com/live/flight/THY60
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Just finished my candlelight dinner on TK 1 headed to JFK. Added bonus: Tarkan is sitting behind me in 2A. Waiting for him to serenade us with one of his old pop hits
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by siberslava
Added bonus: Tarkan is sitting behind me in 2A. Waiting for him to serenade us with one of his old pop hits
ROTFLMAO! Enjoy Siberslava.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by bartla
"The new catering plan of Turkish Airlines was first introduced on the Istanbul-New York sector on 22 October 2013, as a trial application. As of today, the new concept is being used on flights to New York, Guangzhou, Jakarta, Cape Town, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Hong Kong, Washington DC, Seoul, Johannesburg, Osaka, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Chicago, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Toronto, and Houston. The new service concept will be applied across the network of Turkish Airlines in the next four months."
I don't see Bangkok listed, however, Ho Chi Minh City is listed. Since that flight stops over in Bangkok, is it safe to assume Bangkok sees the new catering as well? I hope so because I will be flying to Bangkok and would love to see the new catering on that flight!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I don't see Bangkok listed, however, Ho Chi Minh City is listed. Since that flight stops over in Bangkok, is it safe to assume Bangkok sees the new catering as well? I hope so because I will be flying to Bangkok and would love to see the new catering on that flight!
Well unless they plan on serving the candlelight meals on the hour-long tag on, that should be the case.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Well unless they plan on serving the candlelight meals on the hour-long tag on, that should be the case.
As always with TK, expect it to be yet another typo.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
I was unimpressed with this meal service IST-IAD. It was incredibly complex with long waits between table setup and service and between courses. While the food was fine, if not spectacular, the drinks service was abominable, because they were spending so much time and effort to get the food out, the drinks were ignored. If you wanted another glass, or to change drinks, you had to ask. Flight attendants would remove glasses without offering a refill. Without significant proactivity on the part of the passenger, it was easily possible that you would eat your main course with no glass on your table at all. Some of this may be training, but I think a lot of it is time. On other European airlines, there was a drinks service with each course, without question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.