IST to Dar: biz class versus economy?

Old Sep 16, 13, 1:38 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC
IST to Dar: biz class versus economy?

Hi. I need to go to Dar and I like the Turkish airlines experience. However, just wondering...it seems to be this flight is using an older plane without lie flat biz class seats. Is this correct? Also, it appears like it's not too full on the dates I'm looking at: next week and again in october? Is this pretty standard? I'd like to know what others' experiences have been.

thanks!

Lorna
Old Sep 16, 13, 1:44 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Lornag View Post
Hi. I need to go to Dar and I like the Turkish airlines experience. However, just wondering...it seems to be this flight is using an older plane without lie flat biz class seats. Is this correct? Also, it appears like it's not too full on the dates I'm looking at: next week and again in october? Is this pretty standard? I'd like to know what others' experiences have been.

thanks!

Lorna
a last minute aircraft swapping is always possible with TK
Old Sep 16, 13, 2:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

In this case that might not be a bad thing?
Old Sep 18, 13, 3:27 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Hi,

On the DAR route, TK use their newer 737-900ER which have the skyinterior. The Y is 777 style in 3-3 with same IFE sans wifi. In J, the seats are not lie flat but more of regional business class in 2-2 with 35in pitch according to seatguru. I flew the same aircraft NBO-IST last year and it was quite nice (I had an exit row seat). Only thing with TK is the timings are a bit weird but it does avoid the terrible DAR traffic. Food was good and service was usual TK service.
Hope this helps
Old Sep 21, 13, 12:07 am

On the 737-900ER, a good seat in Economy (bulkhead/exit row) is almost as comfortable as the Business Class seat. Even more so if the seat next to you is empty. If you are *G and get lounge, priority, etc... anyway, the difference between the products is even more marginal.
Old Sep 22, 13, 7:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks you guys. Your comments were helpful. I cannot seem to get a seat reservation assigned but it looks wide open (economy) so I am hopeful that it will be a comfortable journey in economy.

Lorna
Old Sep 22, 13, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY, LH, SK, DY, Marriott, Melia
B739 is confirmed if you look this data history.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk603

Search this Thread
Search Engine: