Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in DEL and KTM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Lounges in DEL and KTM

Hello, does anyone know what lounge access exists for departures from DEL and KTM; I will be flying TK in Y and hold TK Elite+, as well as UA 1K status. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/
Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:56 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
DEL - Green Lounge (invitation from check-in needed). There is also a new LH lounge (where the old Kingfisher lounge used to be located IIRC), but I believe TK leaves too late/too early (for LH FRA/MUC flights, respectively) for you to be able to visit the LH lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
KTM lounge (Thai Airways) rant

Acc to the loungefinder on staralliance.com we can use the Thai Airways lounge at KTM as *G.

Officially the lounge opens at 08:30AM (acc Thai website). ETA of the TK flight is 08:45AM... But, with a bit of bad luck (huge success rate) your departing flight will be delayed and you will be hanging around the central area before security, waiting for the lounge to open. Then, when it finally does, be prepared for a fight with the lounge manager who will tell you that you are not allowed in as a TK passenger, even though you're *G AND there's a sign on the desk welcoming *G members.
When you've finally fought your way in you will find there are no hot drinks available yet, nor any food, nor juices, just hard liquor.... Nor are there any private restrooms, you will have to go back and use the dirty ones in the central terminal area.

O joy...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Canada freak
Acc to the loungefinder on staralliance.com we can use the Thai Airways lounge at KTM as *G.

Officially the lounge opens at 08:30AM (acc Thai website). ETA of the TK flight is 08:45AM... But, with a bit of bad luck (huge success rate) your departing flight will be delayed and you will be hanging around the central area before security, waiting for the lounge to open. Then, when it finally does, be prepared for a fight with the lounge manager who will tell you that you are not allowed in as a TK passenger, even though you're *G AND there's a sign on the desk welcoming *G members.
When you've finally fought your way in you will find there are no hot drinks available yet, nor any food, nor juices, just hard liquor.... Nor are there any private restrooms, you will have to go back and use the dirty ones in the central terminal area.

O joy...
I love that lounge and the experience at that airport. Only because it reminds me that my parents' homeland is never going to be fancy.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by aacharya
... Only because it reminds me that my parents' homeland is never going to be fancy.
Apart from the airport experiences the country has so many good things going for it though, I'll be back!
Old Jul 16, 2017, 3:46 am

Been to KTM with TK and visited both Lounges. Business class passengers are sent to the Executive Lounge while Star Gold members also have access to the Thai Lounge:

http://upgradeyourtravel.de/review-d...-in-kathmandu/

Both places are nothing special, but who cares....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.