TK CIP Lounge @ SAW

Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
A few (panoramic) photos

Coming across the bridge from the escalator:

Interior (note pide baker in the background)

Pool Table Area/Library/Bar:

Last edited by NYTA; Jan 20, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:42 am

Thanks for update NYTA!

When did you transit? If early morning, maybe no Turkish desserts yet?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:37 am

It was in the evening around 6pm. I asked the lady at the counter who made me a cappuccino - she said they just don't have desserts (how much can it cost to buy a cake?). I also didn't understand why they didn't have the grilled meats or pastas etc. since they have a chef. It seems silly to have a chef whose only job is making pide. At the lounge in IST on the way out a few days earlier they had this amazing meat filled Turkish tortellini like thing that I wish they had at SAW.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
It was in the evening around 6pm. I asked the lady at the counter who made me a cappuccino - she said they just don't have desserts (how much can it cost to buy a cake?). I also didn't understand why they didn't have the grilled meats or pastas etc. since they have a chef. It seems silly to have a chef whose only job is making pide. At the lounge in IST on the way out a few days earlier they had this amazing meat filled Turkish tortellini like thing that I wish they had at SAW.
I like how the SAW lounge is borrowing similar architectural cues from the IST lounge. I just hope they put out some Turkish desserts!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
New SAW lounge

NYCA, awesome and thank you for the information. Just in time. Even staralliance.com doesn't list that lounge, yet.

The lounge is open to *G, I guess? The picture on the airport website seems to suggest that, but the text doesn't specifally mention alliance status pax.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:40 am

I'm *G on TK so not sure although when I was *G on UA I got into the IST lounge without any problems so I assume that's the case here too.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:48 pm

bumping this as I'll have Domestic SAW-AYT flight on TK metal as A3 *G
not that I fancy the CIP lounge much, but just curious anyway

The airport link doesn't say *G, plus it's INTERNATIONAL lounge? not Domestic
Lounge Istanbul is accessible to Turkish Airlines’ business class passengers, Elite and Elite Plus card holders.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:48 pm

Not sure if the domestic flights depart from the same area as the international flights, but if they do I'm not sure why you shouldn't be able to use it. Transited through there a couple of weeks ago and still no desserts! How hard is it for them to buy a cake? Even worse, they have a baker on staff making pide - you'd think he could bake a cake while he's at it :-(
Old May 4, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jerryhung
bumping this as I'll have Domestic SAW-AYT flight on TK metal as A3 *G
not that I fancy the CIP lounge much, but just curious anyway

The airport link doesn't say *G, plus it's INTERNATIONAL lounge? not Domestic
Lounge Istanbul is accessible to Turkish Airlines’ business class passengers, Elite and Elite Plus card holders.

Having some TK flights planned as *G in Y with connecting possibility in SAW for a couple of Domestic as well as International TK connection, hope anyone has an update on *G access.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:50 am

I'm at SAW gate 205 now

No CIP lounge I can see after security

The sign to 2F CIP lounge went nowhere but LGM lounge
And their reception said CIP lounge is outside security

Honestly I don't think they understood much English to answer my question anyway
Old May 20, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: TK ELITE
I'm at SAW gate 205 now

Honestly I don't think they understood much English to answer my question anyway
Actually their reply is corrct, the CIP lounge at SAW has a different entrance , you don't go directly to the terminal.

It has it's own signs on the road
Old May 21, 2015, 4:04 am

I'm at SAW gate 205 now

You were so close! At the top of the escalator instead of turning right into the crappy LGM lounge, you needed to make a left-hand U-turn and go across the red carpeted bridge to the lovely TK CIP lounge.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:23 am

Thanks all

Ha ha, DARN, so close, and my SAW-AYT was delayed 1 hour, not surprised with late inbound aircraft

Shows again lack of communication or understanding by staff in general

LGM lounge had 1 staff speaking minimum English, he could've told me to go around (U-turn) into CIP lounge...

I took the elevator up, LGM lounge was on my immediate right. Right in front was some construction and I thought that was it.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Opening Hours?

Hi, will be flying out of SAW in a few weeks and have a 6.30am departure- am TK*G and was wondering if the lounge is open 24hrs (i.e. if I'd be able to spend the night in the lounge)

Does anyone have info about the opening hours? TK staff at IST (Intl) told me SAW's lounge is 24 hours but they seemed unsure.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
TK CIP Lounge @ SAW

As an update for future reference, CIP separate entrance/lounge at SAW opens at 0400 (based on official signs) although TGS staff said 0430/0500

CIP domestic entrance is a 5 min walk- exit departures and cross bridge to take escalator to arrivals, walk against direction of traffic past the line of taxis and toward the airport hotel. Cut diagonally across the VIP parking lot to the CIP terminal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.