Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's Celebration Cake?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
What's Celebration Cake?

Flying TK again next month and was checking out the website. Found this curious statement:

"We serve Celebration Cake (CLML) only for our Miles & Smiles members."

What exactly is this cake? Can't recall seeing it served on my previous six TK flights in either business or Comfort Class. And can non-M&S members get a piece? Should I sign up for an account so I an sample it?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:32 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Flying TK again next month and was checking out the website. Found this curious statement:

"We serve Celebration Cake (CLML) only for our Miles & Smiles members."

What exactly is this cake? Can't recall seeing it served on my previous six TK flights in either business or Comfort Class. And can non-M&S members get a piece? Should I sign up for an account so I an sample it?
I think this is the birthday cake M&S members get when they fly with TK on their birthday.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
They seem to care about birthdays. :-) I received a birthday e-card from them. Only ever seen that from Southwest.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: LH FTL
I've seen the cake on QR and SQ, where you could get it for example when on a honeymoon trip. But it has to be preordered just like a special meal, so no wonder that you haven't seen it before, as it is not part of the regular service.
Obviously there was an inflation of cake orders, so that they restricted it to M&S members.
Old May 25, 2013, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abaheti
They seem to care about birthdays. :-) I received a birthday e-card from them. Only ever seen that from Southwest.
If you live in Turkey and deal withT banks and so you get dozens of theese e-Cards on your birthday. Its rather cute
Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I ordered the celebration cake for my husband's birthday. The birthday has to be within 3 days before/after but we were actually flying on his birthday. I ordered it when I called TK to request seat assignments.

After the second meal service the on board chef and a flight attendant came by our seats and wished my husband a happy birthday and presented him with a cake and posed for a picture. It looked like a 6inch round cake. After presenting the cake the chef cut the cake and gave us each a slice. Not sure what happened with the rest but did notice the people in front of us ask about it and get a slice. It was really tasty.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: TK Classic, A3
TK gives free CLML for birthdays or wedding anniversaries. It's possible to ask before or after 3 days of your birthday. You must call and ask in advance.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by AICML
I ordered the celebration cake for my husband's birthday. The birthday has to be within 3 days before/after but we were actually flying on his birthday. I ordered it when I called TK to request seat assignments.

After the second meal service the on board chef and a flight attendant came by our seats and wished my husband a happy birthday and presented him with a cake and posed for a picture. It looked like a 6inch round cake. After presenting the cake the chef cut the cake and gave us each a slice. Not sure what happened with the rest but did notice the people in front of us ask about it and get a slice. It was really tasty.
What flavor was the cake? Sounds very nice, I was mad I missed it by only 1 or 2 days out of the 3 day range last year. Both parts of the aftermath seem a bit strange -- would've thought they'd let you decide whether to keep it or give the rest back and also strange for others to ask them and not you, since it seems to be like it's *your* cake!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by yig345
TK gives free CLML for birthdays or wedding anniversaries. It's possible to ask before or after 3 days of your birthday. You must call and ask in advance.
Nice!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
CLML is listed as one of the many special meal options in the on-board magazine. So I had assumed that anyone could request it -- and it was provided in lieu of the regular meal, as with any other special meal selection. But, from this thread, I guess not. . .
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheesedawg
What flavor was the cake? Sounds very nice, I was mad I missed it by only 1 or 2 days out of the 3 day range last year. Both parts of the aftermath seem a bit strange -- would've thought they'd let you decide whether to keep it or give the rest back and also strange for others to ask them and not you, since it seems to be like it's *your* cake!
I'm not sure exactly but it was maybe a tiramisu/chocolate mousse type of cake with chocolate shavings on top. It was very tasty.

Yeah I did think it was strange that they presented us with the cake and then took it back and gave us each a piece. They didn't ask if we wanted anymore of it either, not that we had room for more but would have been nice just to have been asked. Either way though we would have let them do whatever they wanted with the leftovers.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:06 pm

I created an account of Miles&Smiles for my travel companion, registered the M&S number in our reservations and ordered a birthday cake through an agent.

What would happen to birthday cake if I change the frequent flyer number to that of another airline ? Will they cancel the birthday cake ?

Thank you
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by BrianUA800
I created an account of Miles&Smiles for my travel companion, registered the M&S number in our reservations and ordered a birthday cake through an agent.

What would happen to birthday cake if I change the frequent flyer number to that of another airline ? Will they cancel the birthday cake ?

Thank you
I honestly have no idea. Strictly speaking the cake is only for M&S members (iirc), but who knows what happens if you change the number at the gate.

At any rate: the cake is no lie, here’s one I saw on a flight last spring:
EDIT: come to think of it, this could have been a cake brought by the passengers themselves

Last edited by gr8pirate; Dec 7, 2018 at 7:59 am
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I am a M&S Elite+ member. A few years ago, I ordered this "celebration cake" for my +1, who is not a M&S member at all, as we were travelling on her birthday. There was no issue with the request being for a non-M&S passenger.

A very sizable and yummy chocolate mousse cake (different from above) was served. We had a big slice each and asked the crew to enjoy the rest...

(This was long-haul J class.)
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
A very sizable and yummy chocolate mousse cake (different from above) was served. We had a big slice each and asked the crew to enjoy the rest...

(This was long-haul J class.)
This was long haul J as well.
Come to think of it, I simply assumed this was the TK celebration cake, but it’s entirely possible that the one in my picture was brought by that passenger group and the FA’s were kind enough to serve it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.