Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 2:41 pm

What the best way / cheapest way to fly to Turkey using Chase Ink bonus points?
Old May 6, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CommonS
What the best way / cheapest way to fly to Turkey using Chase Ink bonus points?
I’m not familiar with Chase bonus points, but a quick online search says TK is not a transfer partner. Not sure if you can book a UA codeshare flight operated by TK through the Chase travel portal with points.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Hi is there any link which i can find the info for the processing fee, especially partner award tickets, no show, redeposit miles etc
thanks

Changes to travel dates, times or routes (which can only be applied to Turkish Airlines flights provided that the reservation is made for the same award zone, season and award class), and the refunding of Miles for unused award tickets (i.e. tickets on which neither the outward nor the return coupon has been used), companion tickets or an upgrade reservations will be subject to processing fees.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by yauee
Hi is there any link which i can find the info for the processing fee, especially partner award tickets, no show, redeposit miles etc
thanks

Changes to travel dates, times or routes (which can only be applied to Turkish Airlines flights provided that the reservation is made for the same award zone, season and award class), and the refunding of Miles for unused award tickets (i.e. tickets on which neither the outward nor the return coupon has been used), companion tickets or an upgrade reservations will be subject to processing fees.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-k...rds/index.html - Using Awards Section
Old May 8, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
thanks appreciate.
for my better understanding, the fee for TK flight and Star alliance flight are the same?
Old May 8, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
thanks appreciate.
for my better understanding, the fee for TK flight and Star alliance flight are the same?
Not 100% sure but I think so. Others can confirm.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
thanks appreciate.
Yes, it's the same for award tickets, but not for upgrades.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, it's the same for award tickets, but not for upgrades.
thanks appreciate
Old May 14, 2019, 12:43 pm

I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lavedder
I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
For what mileage card would earn you the most miles on your flight from SFO to IST refer to wheretocredit.com. This would depend on your fare class.
For which *A partner has a better redemption and upgrade availability refer to the Star Alliance forum.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:58 pm

I have and 1130 flight from LHR. What is the earliest time on the day I can check my bags in?
Old May 16, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by lavedder
There are very few programs that are better than UA - (decent saver mileage requirements + no YQ). If you only redeem on UA domestic J and that isn't available through MP - those flights in all likelihood won't be available to other programs either. TK M&S is a decent program and of course you can redeem across *A (with high YQ).

However, there's no easy answer to where you should credit. It really depends on your goals & ambitions. There's a dedicated thread in the *A forum where if you share more details you'll probably get a much better answer.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thepi
I have and 1130 flight from LHR. What is the earliest time on the day I can check my bags in?
Every outstation has different check-in opening times but in most cases, in Europe, check-in desks open 2h-2h30min before scheduled departure time.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Pick up award ticket

I am going to be booking a JFK to Cairo through Istanbul award flight combo on Turkish Air in business class. I believe I will need an E Visa as I will either be staying in a hotel or doing the free tour since there are 17 hours between flights. I've heard I may have to go physically pick up my ticket. The flight is the end of March, and I am flying out of JFK in late November. Could I pick it up then? Will I have to pick it up at all? I live in Western Mass, and Boston is at least 90 minutes away, JFK 3 hours.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Runner123
I am going to be booking a JFK to Cairo through Istanbul award flight combo on Turkish Air in business class. I believe I will need an E Visa as I will either be staying in a hotel or doing the free tour since there are 17 hours between flights. I've heard I may have to go physically pick up my ticket. The flight is the end of March, and I am flying out of JFK in late November. Could I pick it up then? Will I have to pick it up at all? I live in Western Mass, and Boston is at least 90 minutes away, JFK 3 hours.
Can you please clarify what you mean by "ticket"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.