Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by hartfordsam
Is there a smoking area in or around the lounge. TIA
If you mean TIA airport: no idea, but smoking areas at US airports are rare these days.

At Atatürk, there is one towards the eastern end of the international terminal, I’m guessing around the area of gate 223. It’s a bit of a hike for a quick smoke.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

If you mean TIA airport: no idea, but smoking areas at US airports are rare these days.

At Atatürk, there is one towards the eastern end of the international terminal, I’m guessing around the area of gate 223. It’s a bit of a hike for a quick smoke.
Once you pass through security, turn immediately right and go upstairs, there are two smoking areas facing the apron. About 5 minute walk from the lounge.
hartfordsam likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: TK*G

IIRC, mine arrived just before expiry.

If new memberships are anything to go by, my wifes and kids cards arrived separately over a course of six weeks (new members get the card after taking the first flight and we all took it together).
As an update, mine just arrived to the US or approximately 3 weeks before expiration. Looking forward to locking in status until 2022 once the new year comes around.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:08 pm

ticket changes to allow stopover

Hi. quick question. i've booked two biz class SFO-IST-ATH tickets for next summer. I'm hoping to change the date of the return by a day or two to do an IST stopover. the final leg IST to SFO will be unchanged. any ideas on prices to make a change in this situation?

thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by scottandtracy
Hi. quick question. i've booked two biz class SFO-IST-ATH tickets for next summer. I'm hoping to change the date of the return by a day or two to do an IST stopover. the final leg IST to SFO will be unchanged. any ideas on prices to make a change in this situation?

thanks!
Revenue or award tickets?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by cagcag
Revenue or award tickets?
revenue ....
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:53 pm

revenue ....
Okay, in this case it really depends on what kind of fare you booked (non/semi/fully flexible).

Non-flexible tickets are just that.

Change fees are spelled out in your booking confirmation email, should be zero (I’m guessing, I can’t afford these things) for fully flexible and were $130 for my last semi-flexible flight.

On top of that, if your original booking class is no longer available, you still need to pay the price difference to the next available fare bucket sold on the flight you want to take. Could be nothing or could be an enormous difference.

The only way to get a definite price tag on your wish is go to a ticket office near you or call it in.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I would be very interested to achieve *G status with TK. However, I can only afford this if the costs is under 1500e, since the running would be purely to enjoy flying and earn status. Why do I need status? Because I take a lot of cheap flights that earn 0 or close to 0 miles and would like to enjoy perks while doing so. With BA it is possible to earn OWS by using less than 1500e, but I feel that *G would be more useful for me and its top-tier, even though they might add a middle-tier status level. What is generally the easiest way to collect enough miles to reach *G with TK? I missed the 5x ISL promo, but perhaps something similar or some sweet spot on the far side of the world?

I could, of course, also run the BA status and then match to TK. How likely would it be that a BA Silver member would get a challenge?

Last edited by Alec84; Dec 12, 2018 at 10:44 am
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:04 pm

Okay, in this case it really depends on what kind of fare you booked (non/semi/fully flexible).

Non-flexible tickets are just that.

Change fees are spelled out in your booking confirmation email, should be zero (I’m guessing, I can’t afford these things) for fully flexible and were $130 for my last semi-flexible flight.

On top of that, if your original booking class is no longer available, you still need to pay the price difference to the next available fare bucket sold on the flight you want to take. Could be nothing or could be an enormous difference.

The only way to get a definite price tag on your wish is go to a ticket office near you or call it in.
thank you for the information!!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

thank you for the information!!
You’re welcome, please report back how it went.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:13 am

Hello,

I'm considering changing to Miles&Smiles for next year but didn't find any information if I will get miles for my Premium Economy (R) flight with Singapore Airlines HKG-SIN-ZRH (Return). On the TK website i don't find any information for the class R (i can't post links though)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mscgerber
Hello,

I'm considering changing to Miles&Smiles for next year but didn't find any information if I will get miles for my Premium Economy (R) flight with Singapore Airlines HKG-SIN-ZRH (Return). On the TK website i don't find any information for the class R (i can't post links though)
If the booking class doesn't appear on turkishairlines.com, you won't be able to request miles for that fare class which should be 0 miles for flights on R-fare-class. I have rechecked the TK website both in Turkish and in English and there is no information about R class.

If your flight is in the Summer schedule ( April 2019 - October 2019 ), you should wait until they update the chart. Maybe your issue is related to the transformation of R-fare-class from First to Premium Economy.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:48 am

Flying ORD - TLV TK - How much time for check in?

Hi All,

First time flying TK business class in March 2019. We have carry on bags only with a departing flight from Ben Gurion on March 28th at 7:15am. I'm told we must be at the airport three hours in advance. Is this accurate when flying business with no checked bags? We usually do one to one and half hours only but Israel security may take more time.

Thanks,

Last edited by Cdnblue; Dec 17, 2018 at 11:32 am
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
For an Israeli passport holder: 2 hours is fine. 1.5 hours is doable. One hour is risking it. Which passport do you have?

Pleas as take note:
Do an online checkin 24 hours before departure.
TK checkin counters are not on the departure floor but on the arrival floor (level G) on the right hand side.
You don’t need to enter the TK checkin but to get a voucher for the lounge. If you do you’ll also get a printed BP. But you do need to go via security personnel prior to checkin counter (no matter if you latter use a checkin counter or not). It is the same line as the line to the checkin counters. There’s a fast line for J class for reaching the security personnel and the checkin counters. It usually not visible then you should ask.
After going to the security personnel and checkin counters, go to the departure gates on the departure floor. Prior to the departure gates, there’s a security screening. On your right hand side there’s a line for J.

Because you are flying back to the US, the system many actually require that you physically checkin at a checkin counter.

Last edited by flyerby; Dec 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If the booking class doesn't appear on turkishairlines.com, you won't be able to request miles for that fare class which should be 0 miles for flights on R-fare-class. I have rechecked the TK website both in Turkish and in English and there is no information about R class.

If your flight is in the Summer schedule ( April 2019 - October 2019 ), you should wait until they update the chart. Maybe your issue is related to the transformation of R-fare-class from First to Premium Economy.
The Problem is it's also not in the list of "not eligible for miles" - which makes me think it's just a mistake. What's the easiest way to reach out to TK to ask about it? I tried several ways and didn't get a responce yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.