Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA
IST TK Earliest Baggage Drop

My wife and I will be arriving at SAW on Pegasus from ASR at 23:05 on 05.31.13. From there we will take Havatas and then a taxi to reach IST around 01:00 for TK 1587 that departs at 08:15 on 06.01.13 bound for FRA.

Will TK let us check baggage that early?

We have reservations with the Airport Hotel airside under the assumption that we can check our luggage and get boarding passes from TK then pass through security for the hotel. Does anyone know if this will work?
Old May 13, 2013, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I'm not sure if it's that bad after all. I only had the back of the aircraft as a choice when I reserved my seats online for my LH flights. I made my booking 6 months before and the only thing they had on a A380 was row 77
With LH you can change your seat online any time,given availability, unlike TK.
How many seats had you reserved ?
Old May 13, 2013, 8:26 am

What kind of alcohol on flight any is it free?

Never been on turkish airlines. I am flying comfort from JFK to Ist. Wanted to know what alcohol they have and if its free?
Old May 13, 2013, 3:23 pm

Is alcohol choice in comfort class the same as in economy?

What alcohol do they serve in comfort class on international flights?
Old May 13, 2013, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ronaldo123
Never been on turkish airlines. I am flying comfort from JFK to Ist. Wanted to know what alcohol they have and if its free?
It's free, on my last flight the liquor was Whisky, Gin, Vodka, & Rakı. This is in addition to wine (red & white) and beer. I don't recall the brands on board.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:00 am
Suspended

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tobegold
Yes, all TK fares earn with m&s. G does not earn on most partner plans though.
This is unfortunately not correct. So called promotional fares do not earn. They might actualy be in Y,but they do not earn bcs their "promotional" I am not realy sure wether this only applies to the promotions that are marketed as such on the web page or to all flights that are booked as promotional. Booking class is not relevant,I have numerous B-Cards in Y class that I have not been able to credit,bcs of this strange rule. Actually when I try to claim miles,the TK site replies saying,- "free tickets are not credited".
Old May 16, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Plat
6 hour layover at IST - some questions

Am flying JFK-NAV tomorrow with a 6 hour layover in IST. With the strike, or lack of, I have a few questions related and not related.

1. Given the long layover time and sort of strike going on, are we best not to check our luggage through to NAV and pick up and recheck in IST? In case there is a sudden disruption in flights, my thought is at least we can grab our luggage, not end up with lost luggage, etc. Or is this a waste of time?

2. I am *Gold (also have United Club membership) and am looking forward to spending some time in the TK lounge in IST - will we have trouble getting in to the int'l lounge given our connecting flight is domestic? My understanding is that the TK domestic lounge is dry. Beyond the dry status, l'm looking forward to this lounge given the hype.

3. Am flying TK CC JFK-IST and have last seats in the CC section- seats 20J/K. I normally take bulkhead because we are tall, but didn't realize the online seat selector map was backward - derp. Flight is barely seated, but CC bulkheads are taken. Is it worth moving up a few rows, or all the same seat? The positive for me on these seats is that they are near restroom and I oddly like being near that.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
Old May 16, 2013, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cherrybomb_99x
Am flying JFK-NAV tomorrow with a 6 hour layover in IST. With the strike, or lack of, I have a few questions related and not related.

1. Given the long layover time and sort of strike going on, are we best not to check our luggage through to NAV and pick up and recheck in IST? In case there is a sudden disruption in flights, my thought is at least we can grab our luggage, not end up with lost luggage, etc. Or is this a waste of time?

2. I am *Gold (also have United Club membership) and am looking forward to spending some time in the TK lounge in IST - will we have trouble getting in to the int'l lounge given our connecting flight is domestic? My understanding is that the TK domestic lounge is dry. Beyond the dry status, l'm looking forward to this lounge given the hype.

3. Am flying TK CC JFK-IST and have last seats in the CC section- seats 20J/K. I normally take bulkhead because we are tall, but didn't realize the online seat selector map was backward - derp. Flight is barely seated, but CC bulkheads are taken. Is it worth moving up a few rows, or all the same seat? The positive for me on these seats is that they are near restroom and I oddly like being near that.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!
1) The strike isn't effecting TK,so no need to pick the luggage up.

2) Yes,you have to use the domestic lounge and yes,it is dry. BYO

The only upside,the lounge is newly renovated & transfer lounge-plane.

3) The CC seats are same same and even if you are very tall the pitch is extremely generous.
I.e. 46 '' equals 116 cm.

Check TKs website/this forum for pics + further info.
Old May 16, 2013, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by moeser
1) The strike isn't effecting TK,so no need to pick the luggage up.

2) Yes,you have to use the domestic lounge and yes,it is dry. BYO

The only upside,the lounge is newly renovated & transfer lounge-plane.

3) The CC seats are same same and even if you are very tall the pitch is extremely generous.
I.e. 46 '' equals 116 cm.

Check TKs website/this forum for pics + further info.
Thanks for the answers - regarding the seat, it looked the same, just was double checking.

Seriously, they won't let me into the int'l lounge? I'm arriving on an int'l flight...
Old May 16, 2013, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Seriously, they won't let me into the int'l lounge? I'm arriving on an int'l flight...
Yes, seriously. The departing flight counts, not what you arrive on. You can also enjoy the lounge on your way back.
Old May 16, 2013, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Yes, seriously. The departing flight counts, not what you arrive on. You can also enjoy the lounge on your way back.
Boo, can I buy a day pass? or eh?
Old May 16, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Boo, can I buy a day pass? or eh?
Seriously? Alcohol is that important to you?? You already have access to the domestic lounge...
Stop by the duty free, it's cheaper and no, they don't sell day passes.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by iamaho
Seriously? Alcohol is that important to you?? You already have access to the domestic lounge...
Stop by the duty free, it's cheaper and no, they don't sell day passes.
Lol.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by iamaho
Seriously? Alcohol is that important to you??
It isn't for you ??? Eeeeeeeks

When it comes to Alc.the IST Duty Free is anything else but cheap.
Old May 18, 2013, 1:26 am
Suspended

Skipping segment/no show on TK.

I am traveling to EZE from OSL on TK 2 times in December and April.Bought the ticket from OSL bcs its much cheaper than from IST,and bcs Im Norwegian. For the first I definetely want the OSL sector for X-MAS,for the second I am thinking about skipping the IST-OSL sector on the way back and get a cheap flight to Izmir,where I live the next day. Does anybody know what the consequeses would be ?

Last edited by geirfugl; May 18, 2013 at 1:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.