Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:26 pm

anyone one know if i will get full service on J DFW-IST if the flight is 20:20-15:50+1?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by vji
I have Turkish EC (Star Alliance Gold) but if I want to get into a lounge that requires *G I need to show a card (since my TK number isn't FQTV on my ticket) - does anyone know where on the Turkish website I can get a card for my Elite status (or something else showing my *G)? Tried looking around but couldn't find anything except it saying Turkish Elite
Easiest would be to download their phone app. You can see it there and in the iPhone version you can even add it to the Apple Wallet. Might also be enough to give the number when entering lounge. It is also possible they want to change your ticket to use that program instead of what you have now.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by taiga
anyone one know if i will get full service on J DFW-IST if the flight is 20:20-15:50+1?
Ofc. - why not?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by srieppo
Easiest would be to download their phone app. You can see it there and in the iPhone version you can even add it to the Apple Wallet. Might also be enough to give the number when entering lounge. It is also possible they want to change your ticket to use that program instead of what you have now.
Tried the app, but already twice changed my password, since the app kept telling the password is incorrect. I don't like to change it every month.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:51 pm

Is there any way to contact TK visa desk before my flight to make sure they recognize my VOA authorization? It is for a very unusual country (Eritrea) and I have had enough unlucky encounters with the visa desk not reading IATA rules that I become a bit hesitant to try my luck on the spot at IST airport. So far I know tourists traveling with FlyDubai and Egyptair travelled with this document without any issue and I worry that my document will be rejected if the visa desk has not seen something like this before. Thanks all
Old Feb 9, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
I have a booking in business class for TK24 from Taipei, in November this year. The booking shows B-787-9 as the plane type but when you get to the seating plan, it shows the one of a B-777. I called the helpdesk but the people I talked to could not understand my question... what do we think? a mistake in the identification of the type of plane or in the seatmap?

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
connection time

I just booked an award flight in economy JFK-IST-Madrid. I have an hour and 40 minute connection in Istanbul and my flight gets in at 12:20pm. I realize that may have been a bad idea now. Was this a really dumb idea? Any chance TK will let me change it, or is there any way I can get priority luggage? Thanks. I am just a lowly classic. I do have a spare 5900 miles to play with if that matters.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Runner123
I have an hour and 40 minute connection in Istanbul and my flight gets in at 12:20pm. Was this a really dumb idea?
I've done a 1 hour connection at IST from the US before. The airport itself is very good for international connections if you are arriving on a sterile incoming flight, which your JFK flight will be (meaning no transit security to deal with). The risk so to speak is not the transit time, but the lesser margin if your flight from JFK is delayed because TK is not great at IRROPS and rebooking.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I just booked an award flight in economy JFK-IST-Madrid. I have an hour and 40 minute connection in Istanbul and my flight gets in at 12:20pm. I realize that may have been a bad idea now. Was this a really dumb idea? Any chance TK will let me change it, or is there any way I can get priority luggage? Thanks. I am just a lowly classic. I do have a spare 5900 miles to play with if that matters.
What is the issue with a 1h:40min transfer at IST? That is plenty of time to make the transfer. Your incoming flight needs to be seriously late in order for you to miss the MAD flight. In case you miss it, TK will be rebook you to the next MAD flight. There is absolutely nothing to worry about,
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I had a one hour connection last month SFO-IST-TLV and flight was 20 minutes late or so. We got lucky and gates were close to each other and with our on-ward boarding pass, they let us deplane directly into departure area. At departure gate, I asked if our bags would make it and was assured they were already on the plane. Normally I could check due to AirTags in the bags but didn't have cell or internet coverage due to lack of time. Regardless, somehow one of our bags made the connection and the other two were enjoying Istanbul Airport. We were first at the lost bag area as I could tell that the bags were in Istanbul. I was pleased that they had tracking to tell them where they were and what flights they were scheduled to arrive in. I used Flights plural because one was due in at 3am and the other at 8:30am and they had no clue why.......

I would do a 1 hr 40 min and this was our original plan, but Turkish cancelled our SFO-IST morning flight and put us on the evening flight and the only choice was 1 hour or 7.5 hour layover.....
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I was concerned about my bag making it. Flying economy I only get one bag. There is another flight to Madrid, but I would get in considerably later. Thanks for all the advice!
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I think there was a thread here that explained in detail which planes have wifi. But I can't find it. Any help?

Specifically, I am looking at TC-JRZ right now, an A32R.

It would be wonderful if Aerolopa added wifi details on their seatmaps!
Old Mar 2, 2023, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
seats on Tk flight

Hi. i'm confused. we booked CUN to IST for June. Origianlly the flight was on the 777. But now i checked on expert flyer to see the seats and it says it's 777 but when i click on the seats it says its 787 and brings up the 787 seat chart. Hard to book the right seat with this discrepency. Anyone what's going on? In advance, thanks very much for the help.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:35 pm

NH premium economy crediting to TK

Does NH premium economy booked in N class earn miles when crediting to TK?

TK website says only PE booked in G and E classes earn miles, but lists N as economy and earns 70% miles. Equivalent PE booking classes such as N on LH and R on UA do earn 100% on TK.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by shadabing
Hi. i'm confused. we booked CUN to IST for June. Origianlly the flight was on the 777. But now i checked on expert flyer to see the seats and it says it's 777 but when i click on the seats it says its 787 and brings up the 787 seat chart. Hard to book the right seat with this discrepency. Anyone what's going on? In advance, thanks very much for the help.
Even if you reserve your seats, you are not guaranteed the reserved seats if equipment changes, which it fors a lot. So relax, reserve your seats and then come back and see if anything has changed - 1 week before flight you will have more clarity on what equipment is planned, but even than you cannot be certain as it can change a few hours before departure
shadabing likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.