Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You wait intil 24h before departure and do OLCI. If working you are good to go; if you are not able to get OLCI to work at all, you contact LM as presumably the ticket needs to get reissued then.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Hi everyone,
Is there a Miles & Smiles or general senior contact person for Turkish Airlines listed here?

I took a SQ flight 2 months ago with 3 family members and we all directed our mileage earnings to Turkish Airlines. 2/4 people's miles never posted. The feedback team insists the miles were posted to another Star alliance program, then specified Air Canada - we don't have Air Canada accounts.

It has been a nightmare and one can only communicate with feedback team over email the last 2 months. They insist miles were posted to an account that doesn't exist and are now telling me they are closing my request.
I'm far from smiling.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Angry My wife bags located by the kindness of a stranger, airline did nothing

From my wife:

And the saga of the missing bag has been solved!! 👍👍👍

After checking the Turkish Lost and Found Ap at least a dozen times a day and receiving the message, ‘Please Check Later’ for the last two weeks… a miracle has occurred!

Yesterday John got a What’s Ap message from Ruth S. I think she is Israeli passenger who also had lost bag. She had been in a Missing Bag room at Ben Gurion airport. This room is airside. While searching for her missing bag, she looked at other bags and photographed them including the broken tag on my bag. This label stated John’s contact details. She What’s Apped him with a photo of my bag!! And told him exactly where it was.

So when I woke up this morning, I got the great news!! Ruth even sent my a hand drawn picture of where she had seen my bag in relation to the room!

Danny collected MR and I and we made our way through the chaotic traffic to the airport.

The Lost and Found place was as unhelpful as ever but Danny finally persuaded someone to take me to the special bag room.

I had to go through major security scrutiny.

The guy led me to the room, then abandoned me. There are thousands of bags in there. They are at least five deep and line a full wall, door to door. I could have helped myself to any bag!

I finally located my bag on the back wall. I had to manoeuvre several bags to manipulate mine to the front. Then I wheeled it out of the room and through Customs and out!! The entire process probably took ten minutes! I wouldn’t be surprised if my bag had been sitting here for most of the last two weeks.

I am so grateful to the stranger, Ruth, that so thoughtfully contacted John. And to John for hounding Turkish Airlines who were in the end quite useless. And to MR who had to put up with me for two weeks without my bag!!

It’s very sad the think of all those bags that contain people’s special belongings, are just placed into a forgotten room.

Turkish Airlines made no effort to find the bag, despite demanding and receiving copies of my ticket, passport, boarding cards, bag tags, a missing bag report and a full list of the contents. This is not the easiest to do on a mobile phone!! They don’t answer the phone, nor reply to email and when I tried to visit to their office in Ramat Gan, entry was refused. It really is quite disgusting.

The moral of the story is take carry on bags only.
boobeary, DaveS and TPACjv like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Last Friday, I had a tight TPAC connection at IAD and only had time for a cold brew at the TK lounge. I noticed there's an upstairs section, has anyone been up there yet? I'm curious what it's like. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
My mobile app reports expiry date of 31 May 2566 for my Elite Plus status, and I have 40809 status miles (so I need about 20k). Is there some error with the year being displayed, or in the backend db?

I'll easily be able to get 20k more Star Alliance miles in Q1 2023, but only have 1-2k Star Alliance miles planned for the rest of 2022 (doing 30k Skyteam to attain Diamond and 30k Oneworld to renew Emerald). I don't really want to call TK to inquire in case the weird year error is in my favor and would get "corrected" when noticed. I don't see where to find when my 2 year requalification period runs anywhere else.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:15 pm

Hello all, quick question. Flying Turkish for the first time IAD-IST-BOM and then BOM-IST-IAD with kids and all in economy class in Nov / Dec 22. Based on their website description , AVML seems like the Indian vegeterian meal while VJML is jain version(no garlic,onion veggie option). Anyone have recent experience? We want indian spicy type meal with rice, curries (veggie) and not just boiled green beens or fruits. We had horrible experience with China airlines when we ordered AVML (just boiled veggies), so want to make sure I select the right option.

Also do they provide that soup, appetizer trolley service in economy class that I read in another TK thread or is that only for business / first class?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by pulht
Hello all, quick question. Flying Turkish for the first time IAD-IST-BOM and then BOM-IST-IAD with kids and all in economy class in Nov / Dec 22. Based on their website description , AVML seems like the Indian vegeterian meal while VJML is jain version(no garlic,onion veggie option). Anyone have recent experience? We want indian spicy type meal with rice, curries (veggie) and not just boiled green beens or fruits. We had horrible experience with China airlines when we ordered AVML (just boiled veggies), so want to make sure I select the right option.

Also do they provide that soup, appetizer trolley service in economy class that I read in another TK thread or is that only for business / first class?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
Turkish does not have first class. Trolley service is only in business class long-haul. This might answer your question:
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...special-meals/
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:52 am

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to check-in the luggage 7 hours before deapurtere in IST to ZRH on TK?
My wife arrives to IST in the eveing the day before morning depaurture to ZRH and want you use airside hotel not to waste time in the morning for checking in and security.

In this topic a similar question was asked and the answer was "Yes, its possible", but i want to double check, sorry for that. The agent on the phone told me that it most likely wont be possible and is up to agent on check-in. Now i am confused..

Thank you in advance for your information.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: E75K
Flying SZG-ADA on TK metal and booked thru TK. Have *G with AC.

Do I get a free checked bag with TK?

Edit: Found this:
Originally Posted by LH4116
If the weight concept applies, you'll get an extra 20kg. Your companions will sadly not get extra bagage allowance, unless they are *G as well.
Which aligns with what is on the *A website, but I can't find any mention on TK website which makes me worry.

Last edited by thaddaeus; Sep 7, 2022 at 3:42 pm
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Not flown TK out of the new airport and wonder if someone can advise what the process is as a Star Gold travelling in Eco with respect to travel through the airport these days. Is there a first screening to enter the airport designated for premium passengers. Check in Business and presumably fast track immigration line? Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Not flown TK out of the new airport and wonder if someone can advise what the process is as a Star Gold travelling in Eco with respect to travel through the airport these days. Is there a first screening to enter the airport designated for premium passengers. Check in Business and presumably fast track immigration line? Thanks
You go to Business Class entrance (entrance no.5 at the departure level) where you will have to present your *G credentials and will get fast track security entrance screening. Then you will go to Miles&Smiles check-in. After that you will
have fast track security screening. This process save a bunch of time compared to the eco check-in/security
ExpatSomchai likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: United, US Air, BA, Delta, AMR, Virgin American
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Call it the TK sandbox if you like. Ask away here if you are about to embark on your first trip on Turkish Airlines or have just enrolled in M&S.

The newbie zone is here to have all your questions answered in a friendly flame free environment.

Please do look at the other FAQs as many more generic questions may have been answered already.

starflyergold
Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles forum moderator
Hi there, I'm flying Turkish Airlines for the first time on September 17--IAD-Istanbul-Vienna. Flights TK 188 and TK 1885.
The airline changed the departure time of TK 188 by 20 minutes, which is fine with me. But the website is so horrible it won't let me accept the change. I also want to request a vegetarian meal.
My second gripe is that the airline doesn't seem to have a toll-free number in the U.S. and I skyped the so-called 24/7 number +90 850 333 0849, and I get a message saying the number doesn't work. The airline has been absolutely horrible to contact. Can you please help
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by vintyma
Hi there, I'm flying Turkish Airlines for the first time on September 17--IAD-Istanbul-Vienna. Flights TK 188 and TK 1885.
The airline changed the departure time of TK 188 by 20 minutes, which is fine with me. But the website is so horrible it won't let me accept the change. I also want to request a vegetarian meal.
My second gripe is that the airline doesn't seem to have a toll-free number in the U.S. and I skyped the so-called 24/7 number +90 850 333 0849, and I get a message saying the number doesn't work. The airline has been absolutely horrible to contact. Can you please help
Try the TK app on your phone. Works better in some cases. Otherwise try contacting TK Help Desk by Twitter.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by vintyma
hi there, i'm flying turkish airlines for the first time on september 17--iad-istanbul-vienna. Flights tk 188 and tk 1885.
The airline changed the departure time of tk 188 by 20 minutes, which is fine with me. But the website is so horrible it won't let me accept the change. I also want to request a vegetarian meal.
My second gripe is that the airline doesn't seem to have a toll-free number in the u.s. And i skyped the so-called 24/7 number +90 850 333 0849, and i get a message saying the number doesn't work. The airline has been absolutely horrible to contact. Can you please help
1-800-874-8875
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: United, US Air, BA, Delta, AMR, Virgin American
Thumbs up Turkish Airlines IAD-IAT on September 17

Thank you. That worked, and I was able to connect with a customer service representative. What worries me now is that the ticket status for the new ticket they issued me with the new flight timing is Arrow. What does that mean?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.