Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Delayed lost baggage ?

My wife has just done her first flights on Turkish, AKL-KUL (MH), then KUL-IST & IST-TLV on Turkish.

no luggage on arrival TLV and a PIR filed with Turkish no luggage after 3 days Turkish web site says could take 5 days.

does anyone have any experience or tips to share on ways to monitor or resolve? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
My wife has just done her first flights on Turkish, AKL-KUL (MH), then KUL-IST & IST-TLV on Turkish.

no luggage on arrival TLV and a PIR filed with Turkish no luggage after 3 days Turkish web site says could take 5 days.

does anyone have any experience or tips to share on ways to monitor or resolve? Thanks in advance.
In common with other airlines, there is not much you can do. Just wait and eventually it should appear. One issue (I am not sure if this applies to TK/MH) is that the baggage systems of different airlines do not always talk to each other. If the problem was at MH, TK may not know anything.
Kiwi_FF likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
If I purchase a Light fare with no baggage, for IST-MXP-IST, can baggage be added later? Also, can the ticket be upgraded at a later date to something that offers more perks, in the same way Eurowings offers an upgrade from BASIC to SMART, which includes baggage, seat selection, etc? I've never flown TK before, so I am new to this game.

And now a difficult question, to anybody who might know, because I got no straight answer from TK, just a cut and paste about Corona. Are Russian nationals allowed to board TK flights within Europe, assuming that they have all their paperwork and visas in order? I recall reading something somewhere that while TK would ferry passengers from various parts of Russia to Turkey for their holidays, they will not accept Russian nationals on other TK flights.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Good point thanks
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:36 pm

How long does it typically take for Turkish to respond to a denied boarding compensation. We were promised 3,000 euros as a result, (family of five at 600 euros/person) and I have connected with them via their feedback form but have not heard back from them for over 10 days.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:07 am

LifeMiles booking TK schedule changes

I’ve booked a very simple award flight on TK with Avianca lifemiles (ATL- IST, one way, nonstop, business) in late October. I have the e-ticket number from Avianca (I’ve read this can be an issue). Turkish changed the time of the flight by 20 minutes and then checking my booking in Avianca and in Turkish shows “your flight has changed, do you want to change or cancel?” Or some variation. I called Turkish and they said I have to confirm the change with avianca, so I called them and said I accept the time change and do not want to change or cancel.

A few weeks later, the Turkish flight gets changed another 20 minutes back to its original departure time, and my reservation shows the same thing it did before about your flight being changed. Do I need to bother calling to confirm this at all? Since I have a valid e-ticket can I just ignore it and show up at the airport on the day of departure and let them deal with it? I really don’t care about any schedule changes and will take the flight regardless of any delay.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
If I purchase a Light fare with no baggage, for IST-MXP-IST, can baggage be added later? Also, can the ticket be upgraded at a later date to something that offers more perks, in the same way Eurowings offers an upgrade from BASIC to SMART, which includes baggage, seat selection, etc? I've never flown TK before, so I am new to this game.

And now a difficult question, to anybody who might know, because I got no straight answer from TK, just a cut and paste about Corona. Are Russian nationals allowed to board TK flights within Europe, assuming that they have all their paperwork and visas in order? I recall reading something somewhere that while TK would ferry passengers from various parts of Russia to Turkey for their holidays, they will not accept Russian nationals on other TK flights.
These HBO (hand baggage only) fares are quite new for TK, so I do not know the answer on that.

On your second question, I have never heard anything about TK not accepting Russian nationals from anywhere. I suspect that would be unlawful from the UK and most likely the EU too. I would put that down to internet fiction!
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mdorciak
I’ve booked a very simple award flight on TK with Avianca lifemiles (ATL- IST, one way, nonstop, business) in late October. I have the e-ticket number from Avianca (I’ve read this can be an issue). Turkish changed the time of the flight by 20 minutes and then checking my booking in Avianca and in Turkish shows “your flight has changed, do you want to change or cancel?” Or some variation. I called Turkish and they said I have to confirm the change with avianca, so I called them and said I accept the time change and do not want to change or cancel.

A few weeks later, the Turkish flight gets changed another 20 minutes back to its original departure time, and my reservation shows the same thing it did before about your flight being changed. Do I need to bother calling to confirm this at all? Since I have a valid e-ticket can I just ignore it and show up at the airport on the day of departure and let them deal with it? I really don’t care about any schedule changes and will take the flight regardless of any delay.
Welcome to the forums. I think you do need to call to confirm acceptance of the change.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Originally Posted by mdorciak

Admittedly not exactly the same, we had a similar situation. Our tickets were booked directly with TK but we upgraded with miles. We had a schedule change and TK kept giving me the same message as you - online and on the app - change or cancel, even though we didn't want to do either.

I ended up going to the airport to talk to the sales agent and she said that as long as the ticket says HK(confirmed) it doesn't matter if the website is giving you an error.

Basically, you can just arrive day of and agree to the change as you check in, that was my experience at least.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by MSerforfun
How long does it typically take for Turkish to respond to a denied boarding compensation. We were promised 3,000 euros as a result, (family of five at 600 euros/person) and I have connected with them via their feedback form but have not heard back from them for over 10 days.
It can probably take a few weeks. Just be patient and wait for the response to the feedback. You can try to escalate through your local TK ticket office.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Question Flying ORD-IST-XXX when can I get boarding pass?

Hi all!

I’m looking forward to my first TK flights. Am I able to check-in and get my boarding passes online 24 hours before the flights? I’d like visit the Polaris lounge prior to going to terminal 5.

Thanks for any information you can share!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK Mobile Boarding Passes (iOS Wallet) - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by rbrad
Hey all, could someone answer the below quick questions for me please?

1. If I am flying any *A (Star Alliance) flight in BC leaving from IST, am I able to access the famous TK BC lounge? It seems like it doesn't need to only be TK and can be BC on any *A flight taking off from IST, but want to confirm.
2. Is there a limit to how early I can enter the BC lounge if IST is my initial departure airport?
3. Is there a limit to how early I can enter the BC lounge if I have a layover in IST instead (even an intentionally long one for most of the day to maximize lounge time)?
4. Lastly, would I be able to bring in any guests and are there any stipulations for them (do they need to be flying *A or TK specifically)?

Thanks!
1. Any *A flight qualifies
2. *A policy is you can enter if the flight departs same day, or before 5AM next day. Not sure if TK has different policy
3. Not sure if there is any difference to 2
4. Guests are only allowed for *A gold travelers, not for those traveling without status in BC. And even with status the guest would have to be on the same flight as you.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:10 am

Any concerns with baggage loading or delivery in AMS?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Admittedly not exactly the same, we had a similar situation. Our tickets were booked directly with TK but we upgraded with miles. We had a schedule change and TK kept giving me the same message as you - online and on the app - change or cancel, even though we didn't want to do either.

I ended up going to the airport to talk to the sales agent and she said that as long as the ticket says HK(confirmed) it doesn't matter if the website is giving you an error.

Basically, you can just arrive day of and agree to the change as you check in, that was my experience at least.
Thanks! I wanted to get some real life experience, since the Turkish call center is not amazing with English, and the Avianca lifemiles call center is a straight up nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.