Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Covid test documentation

Hi all- am flying tk next week fco-ist-iad. I plan to do the ened proctored home test for reentry to the US. Emed sends a pdf with results results via email. On my last few international trips, the carriers (AA and UA) have had app where I uploaded the test results to verify that I could return to the US. TK doesn’t seem to have such a system- can I just show them the pdf on my phone when I check in at FCO, or do I need to have physical printouts?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi all- am flying tk next week fco-ist-iad. I plan to do the ened proctored home test for reentry to the US. Emed sends a pdf with results results via email. On my last few international trips, the carriers (AA and UA) have had app where I uploaded the test results to verify that I could return to the US. TK doesn’t seem to have such a system- can I just show them the pdf on my phone when I check in at FCO, or do I need to have physical printouts?
I have not flown from FCO, but I have never had any problem with either of these methods.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
As you are US citizen (I assume) and can enter also without test, the airline won’t even care if you sis the test or not. The real question is, how immigration in the US treats those tests. Correct any wrong assumptions
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
As you are US citizen (I assume) and can enter also without test, the airline won’t even care if you sis the test or not. The real question is, how immigration in the US treats those tests. Correct any wrong assumptions
US citizens still need a test if they are entering by air but they don't need to be vaccinated. If they don't want to be tested, they need to use land or sea borders.
US immigration would not care about tests as it's the airlines' responsibility to check tests for US travelers and TK would accept any test that would fit into the criteria.

There is no requirement or portal to upload tests in advance and all tests are manually checked by agents ( answer to OP's question )
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
US citizens still need a test if they are entering by air but they don't need to be vaccinated. If they don't want to be tested, they need to use land or sea borders.
US immigration would not care about tests as it's the airlines' responsibility to check tests for US travelers and TK would accept any test that would fit into the criteria.

There is no requirement or portal to upload tests in advance and all tests are manually checked by agents ( answer to OP's question )
yes- as you say, I’m a us citizen but still have to take the test, and tk will have to verify. Just wondering if the check in agents will accept viewing the results on my phone if it they need something printed out and more “official” looking…
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Seat assignment not showing up

I have a multi-city J ticket (all TK metal booked on thy.com), and my seat assignments for the longhaul flights are fine but something odd is going on with the shorthaul ones. In my app, they show up fine but they show up as empty on EF when I saw my seats correctly as taken not too long ago. I am traveling with a friend on one of the shorthauls, his seat right next to me shows up empty both in MMB and EF. Anyone got a possible explanation to this?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby
I’m unable to check ISB-IST-ATL on Aug 7 (not enough miles) but I’m able to check IST-ATL and it says 2 pieces. Maybe someone else can check the whole route.
After adding miles, the payment screen on both the app and website showed the proper 2X 23kg baggage allowance.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
... Just wondering if the check in agents will accept viewing the results on my phone if it they need something printed out and more “official” looking…
They accept the results on phone. They accepted mine last month. Both at the check in and at the gate.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by rozy
They accept the results on phone. They accepted mine last month. Both at the check in and at the gate.
Thank you!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
I'm flying a codeshare marketed by Lufthansa but operated by Austrian. Anyone know if it'll credit at the Austrian rate (operating carrier), or the Lufthansa rate (marketing carrier)? Other Star Alliance programs I am in, credit at the operating carrier's rate, regardless of marketing carrier. Is TK the same way?

I bet this has been answered before, and I'm just not using the right search terms, but I can't find the answer. Thanks in advance!

Also, just an FYI for the immediate questions up-thread, effective today, the USA no longer requires negative COVID tests.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:39 am

Crediting to Krisflyer

I'd like to fly TK to Bangkok in November, preferably out of IAD or EWR/JFK.

Can I credit the miles to my Singapore Krisflyer account? Can this be done when booking online? I've only flown TK a couple times several years ago and don't recall ever seeing where you can add a different membership # other than Miles&Smiles.

Sorry if this been mentioned before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I'm on UA2240 out of ORD this week on a lifemiles points booking. Do I check in at Avianca or United?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I'm flying a codeshare marketed by Lufthansa but operated by Austrian. Anyone know if it'll credit at the Austrian rate (operating carrier), or the Lufthansa rate (marketing carrier)? Other Star Alliance programs I am in, credit at the operating carrier's rate, regardless of marketing carrier. Is TK the same way?

I bet this has been answered before, and I'm just not using the right search terms, but I can't find the answer. Thanks in advance!

Also, just an FYI for the immediate questions up-thread, effective today, the USA no longer requires negative COVID tests.
You will be credited at Austrian rate. Always you get credited according to the operating carries. It does not matter who you buy the tickets from. I just did this experience with Lufthansa group comapnies: LH, Edelweiss, Eurowings and Swiss as operating, sold by LH.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
You will be credited at Austrian rate. Always you get credited according to the operating carries. It does not matter who you buy the tickets from. I just did this experience with Lufthansa group comapnies: LH, Edelweiss, Eurowings and Swiss as operating, sold by LH.
One more point here is that also the operating class is what you will get, no the marketing class which you see on the ticket. Nevertheless, on LH and OS, it is supposed to be the same since they are in the same LH group.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Thanks for the advice.

For business class when credited to TK, P booking code earns 0 on Lufthansa, but 100%/800 min. on Austrian flights. Strange that the Lufthansa group would negotiate different earnings for their different subsidiaries! Swiss and Brussels Airlines are also different earnings rates. So odd!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.