Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Thanks.
I'm coming from the EU (so I gues no security at IST transfer) and connecting to AYT. It's all on one ticket and there are more or less hourly flights to AYT, but I prefer not to deal with irrop with TK so I'll just try to catch the ticketed flight
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Flying TK for the first time next week TLL-IST-ATH and back in J. How is the catering on these european routes, are there PDB:s, choice in main course, free flow of drinks through out the flight, is champagne served? The IST-ATH and vice versa seems to be 777, impressive for a 1,5 hour flight, what is the likelyhood for an equipment swap? I haven´t set foot on a wide body aircraft since march 2020 so it would be fun if it actually was a 777 flying the short hop.
I have a little bit over 3 hour layovers both ways, I´m guessing that will be enough to spend some time in the lounge which I understood is getting back to more of a normal offering when it comes to food and drinks? There seem to be 2 lounges to which I´m entitled access through my J ticket, Business and Miles&Smiles, which one do you recomend, if both are open at the moment?
Last question, what lounge does TK use in ATH, is it worth a visit or should I just sleep a little longer in the morning?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Let's take it point by point, shall we

How is the catering - there are occasional misses, but overall still way better than most European airlines in J on short hops
Are there PDBs - no, unless they restored it in the past month or so?
Choice in main course - yes, usually between two or three options
Free flow of drinks - yes
Champagne served - yes, although I'm unimpressed with the quality of TK's wine list (at least in short-haul J), and the same goes for the selection of bubbly
Lounges - the Business lounge isn't open, you can access the Miles & Smiles one, but depending on the time of day it can get very busy
Tuvv likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reporting back from international-> domestic connection.

Original connection time was 90 mins, with 20mins inbound delay it was 70mins IRL. Arrived at the A gates, so it was a looong trek to the other end. I actually had to walk very briskly and so I could make he connection with a few minutes to spare.
If the delay had been 30 minutes I might have missed the connection (bus gate, so early boarding) I would never book such a short connection for an elder relative or even slightly slow walking pax.

PS The main immigration desks had a queue, walk on 10 meters, there's a smaller area with no pax at all. Security was a breeze. Nobody asked to see vaccination certificates or the PLF, just the passport and "enjoy your stay"
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Reporting back from international-> domestic connection.

Original connection time was 90 mins, with 20mins inbound delay it was 70mins IRL. Arrived at the A gates, so it was a looong trek to the other end. I actually had to walk very briskly and so I could make he connection with a few minutes to spare.
If the delay had been 30 minutes I might have missed the connection (bus gate, so early boarding) I would never book such a short connection for an elder relative or even slightly slow walking pax.

PS The main immigration desks had a queue, walk on 10 meters, there's a smaller area with no pax at all. Security was a breeze. Nobody asked to see vaccination certificates or the PLF, just the passport and "enjoy your stay"
Just to let you know, there are dedicated immigration desks for international -> domestic transfers.
If you have used the main immigration area and went through the baggage claim route, you've created extra hassle for yourself.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to let you know, there are dedicated immigration desks for international -> domestic transfers.
If you have used the main immigration area and went through the baggage claim route, you've created extra hassle for yourself.
I used the transfer immigration desks, didn't go landside.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Ticket change request

Hello, flying ath-ist-sfo in j ...first time on TK. Booked online.

I'm trying to see what it would cost to get on an earlier connection ath-ist for a longer connection time. Called today...agent had limited English and didn't seem to understand my question or care to help. Any suggestions on how i might get help with this? Just keep calling? Try online? A better number to try? Thanks...
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Hello, flying ath-ist-sfo in j ...first time on TK. Booked online.

I'm trying to see what it would cost to get on an earlier connection ath-ist for a longer connection time. Called today...agent had limited English and didn't seem to understand my question or care to help. Any suggestions on how i might get help with this? Just keep calling? Try online? A better number to try? Thanks...
If you booked online, you should be able to change online too.

If you're at any airports where TK flies, you could also inquire at the airport ticketing office.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I used the transfer immigration desks, didn't go landside.
OK, I thought that you have used the small area on the other side of the transfer security closer to the F concourse dedicated for IST arrivals.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hi everyone,
Hoping you could help with some input on a predicament.- a group of friends and I bought some TK flights to Georgia but I cannot make it any longer. The flights are end of September and I was hoping for some changes to the ticket so that I can ask for a refund but to nothing yet. TK is advertising free rebooking until March but Georgia in winter is probably not that fun.
What is the best way to go about the ticket if I'd ultimately like a refund?
Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Anyone knows if TK is still using the Aspire Lounge 41 in AMS?
Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Hi everyone,
Hoping you could help with some input on a predicament.- a group of friends and I bought some TK flights to Georgia but I cannot make it any longer. The flights are end of September and I was hoping for some changes to the ticket so that I can ask for a refund but to nothing yet. TK is advertising free rebooking until March but Georgia in winter is probably not that fun.
What is the best way to go about the ticket if I'd ultimately like a refund?
Thank you!
If the tickets are refundable according to the fare rules, you could get a refund by calling Turkish Airlines ( assuming that you have booked directly with them ).
If there is a refund penalty ( service fee ) that would be deducted during the refund process.

If your tickets are non-refundable, unfortunately there is no way to get a refund.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Considering the above, you could rebook for end of March and hope that TK will extend its rebooking policy further into the future. Worst-case scenario, you refund the ticket minus the service fee (if it's refundable), which is anyhow the same situation that you're facing now. So you basically have nothing to lose by postponing the issue by six months.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, the you could rebook to another date after March but up to 365 days later from the date when the ticket was issued but by paying the associated change fee in the reservation and of course any fare difference would also be collected.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:59 pm

1. If I travel business from AMS to IST, and then IST to ATH, is it possible to check in a baggage at IST aiport?

2. Is there a mini market at IST airport like the one that was at Ataturk airport at the metro leve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.