Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pmfc
Hi!

I found some availability on Expert Flyer for JFK-IST for biz class. Turkish Airlines has a terrible bug on their website where it won't let me create a Miles&Smiles account so I can't search it there. The availability doesn't show on other *A websites (Aeroplan, United). What's my best way to book this? Which *A carrier charges the least for that flight? I'd like to call them and feed them the flight numbers to see if they can book it. Thanks!!
If you provide the flight numbers, I can check it for you.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I PM'ed you. I called Aeroplan and they don't have access to the flight. Looks like TK isn't releasing much space to *A partners?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by pmfc
I PM'ed you. I called Aeroplan and they don't have access to the flight. Looks like TK isn't releasing much space to *A partners?
Answered your PM
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:45 am

I have points set to expire at the end of this month. I have an option to purchase protection for them at 75$ for 7500miles.
I also have a trip just before the end of the month(25th). Will this trip restart the expiration timer ?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoKnier
I have points set to expire at the end of this month. I have an option to purchase protection for them at 75$ for 7500miles.
I also have a trip just before the end of the month(25th). Will this trip restart the expiration timer ?
Hi ​​​LoKnier and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Unfortunately, taking a flight does not extend the validity of your miles.
Unless TK decides to extend the validity of expiring miles themselves due to the pandemic or unless you pay to extend the validity of the miles, the miles would expire on 30 June 2021 23:59 Turkey time.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:06 am

Last edited by LoKnier; Jul 13, 2021 at 2:34 pm
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LoKnier
Hi ISTFlyer, thank you for the welcome and your answer.
I've tried using their option reactivate miles that are about to expire, but that isn't working, so i guess I'll just lose them.
If I'm not wrong, you could only reactivate miles once they are expired.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:12 am

Last edited by LoKnier; Jul 13, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:09 am

Can't get one stop connecting alliance ticket to show

Hi,
So I have a 1hr and 40 minute connection from US to ZAG via IST connecting on a Sunday morning. Since the next flight to ZAG isn't until the next ​​Monday evening I'm trying to be proactive about identifying backup options if I miss my connection, especially with COVID entry rules making split tickets a problem.

Anyway, the most efficient option appears to be IST-VIE on Turkish and then VIE-ZAG on Croatian. With all being Star Alliance I was hoping I could get this to show as one connecting ticket but I cannot.

If I can't do this online is this something someone at the TK Lounge can handle? My ticket is business award but I'd pay any cash needed to make it happen.

Also open to other suggestions. Via Sarajevo looked like an option as well, and split ticket shouldn't be a problem since I can legally enter Bosnia per their rules.

Would be nice if they could slightly delay IST-ZAG for me since that plane doesn't have anywhere to go after, but I doubt it!

Last edited by Teddy Ruxpin; Jun 15, 2021 at 7:57 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teddy Ruxpin
Hi,
So I have a 1hr and 40 minute connection from US to ZAG via IST connecting on a Sunday morning. Since the next flight to ZAG isn't until the next ​​Monday evening I'm trying to be proactive about identifying backup options if I miss my connection, especially with COVID entry rules making split tickets a problem.

Anyway, the most efficient option appears to be IST-VIE on Turkish and then VIE-ZAG on Croatian. With all being Star Alliance I was hoping I could get this to show as one connecting ticket but I cannot.

If I can't do this online is this something someone at the TK Lounge can handle? My ticket is business award but I'd pay any cash needed to make it happen.

Also open to other suggestions. Via Sarajevo looked like an option as well, and split ticket shouldn't be a problem since I can legally enter Bosnia per their rules.

Would be nice if they could slightly delay IST-ZAG for me since that plane doesn't have anywhere to go after, but I doubt it!
Assuming that both your USA-IST & IST-ZAG flights are on the same ticket;

If you miss your connection, the TK transfer desk agents before security would handle your rebooking. Without a valid boarding pass, you wouldn't be able to head upstairs to the departure level where the lounge is located. There is a Business Class/*G counter at the transfer desk and they would be most likely rebooking you to the next TK service to ZAG and providing a hotel and meal vouchers for the night. Although, if you push a bit, you might get IST-VIE-ZAG if you insist a bit.

However, a 1h40 min connection is doable and you would be fine.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:12 am

Thanks IST. Yes, I'm on one ticket with that connection.

I agree the connection should work. Yesterday's TK4 went out really late and it made me start thinking about my options. Lack of frequencies due to COVID (and transit rules) make it a much bigger deal than in the past. Appreciate the information.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: TK Elite
I have a question regarding the free hotel rule for transit longer than 7 hours in business. If a given route doesn't have a shorter connection than 7 hours, but say I choose a longer connection so that I can sleep longer in the hotel will that work? For example CDG-IST-DPS, there are several CDG-IST flights in a given day & I would take an earlier one to get 11 hours layover instead of 8 hours on the shortest cnnection
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I have a question regarding the free hotel rule for transit longer than 7 hours in business. If a given route doesn't have a shorter connection than 7 hours, but say I choose a longer connection so that I can sleep longer in the hotel will that work? For example CDG-IST-DPS, there are several CDG-IST flights in a given day & I would take an earlier one to get 11 hours layover instead of 8 hours on the shortest cnnection
For what it's worth, DPS is closed for international arrivals, and likely will be through at least the end of July. At present, to get from CDG to DPS, one would have to stop at CGK, do a (currently) 5-night hotel-based quarantine in Jakarta, and then fly to DPS.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by infrequently
For what it's worth, DPS is closed for international arrivals, and likely will be through at least the end of July. At present, to get from CDG to DPS, one would have to stop at CGK, do a (currently) 5-night hotel-based quarantine in Jakarta, and then fly to DPS.
Thanks, I'm looking at travel in April 2022, hopefully it's open by then
Old Jun 21, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Just a reminder that since the movement to the new airport, the 7 hour minimum transit limit has been increased to 9 hours so you wouldn't be getting any hotel.
Despite that, still you would have needed to choose the shortest ever possible connection to benefit from the transit hotel without exceptions; even if the only options are 22 & 23 hours, you would need to choose the 22 hour option and the 23 hour option wouldn't qualify.

If the sleeping rooms in the lounges are open, you could use them for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.