Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Their loads are pretty high during the pandemic but if you check-in online 24 hours before departure, you would be able to select your choice of seat ( window, aisle ). TK passengers do not tend to pre-pay for their seats, nor most of them check-in online.
Thank you for the info!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Next question; just curious, in your opinion, which IST international air-side restaurant / fast-food has the best Turkish food?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Hello question about entry visa to Ist. We are flying to IST Sept hoping anyway then we leave IST to go to Italy then back to IST. Now how long is the entry visa good for?? or do we need to get another visa upon reentry back to IST?? we are Canadian.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:10 pm

Sorry in advance for the very "Newbie" question - I am looking at booking United flight from Maui to East coast US using Miles&Smiles.... when I search on United it is showing the award space as "X" which I have read means it is saver and should be bookable by partner airlines.

It does not show up on Turkish website (I understand this is common) and when I call the Booking line they are also unable to find it.

I was able to book East Coast to Hawaii through the website and the flight details look the exact same (just reverse), confused as to what I should be searching for to determine if there is actually partner award availability.

The two legs show up individually when I search through website - I think it has something to do with it being an overnight flight with the 2nd leg being on a different day (only 3 hour layover), is there anyway around this?

Also sorry if this is wrong thread.

Last edited by al1710; Apr 6, 2021 at 2:15 pm
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by al1710
Sorry in advance for the very "Newbie" question - I am looking at booking United flight from Maui to East coast US using Miles&Smiles.... when I search on United it is showing the award space as "X" which I have read means it is saver and should be bookable by partner airlines.

It does not show up on Turkish website (I understand this is common) and when I call the Booking line they are also unable to find it.

I was able to book East Coast to Hawaii through the website and the flight details look the exact same (just reverse), confused as to what I should be searching for to determine if there is actually partner award availability.

Also sorry if this is wrong thread.
Hi al1710 and welcome to FlyerTalk!

For United awards on Miles&Smiles, the major issue is that for connecting itineraries, each individual flight must have "X" fare availability, otherwise, TK would unable to ticket it.
If you provide date and route information, I could check if that's the issue.

For example if you are flying EWR-LAX-OGG, when searching EWR-LAX and LAX-OGG separately both legs must have individual "X" availability.
I hope this helps.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:19 pm

Thanks for the quick answer ISTFlyer!

I actually just edited my post and i think i found the issue - it appears that having the flights on two different days seems to be causing the issue.

When I search for the two legs of the flight individually (OGG -> LAX and LAX -> IAD, with a 2 hour layover) they show up on Turkish Website.. but the full OGG -> LAX -> IAD will not.

Anyway around this?
Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by al1710
Thanks for the quick answer!

I actually just edited my post and i think i found the issue - it appears that having the flights on two different days seems to be causing the issue.

When I search for the two legs of the flight individually (OGG -> LAX and LAX -> IAD, with a 2 hour layover) they show up on Turkish Website.. but the full OGG -> LAX -> IAD will not.

Anyway around this?
You could contact a sales office, and they would be able to issue the ticket for you if both OGG-LAX and LAX-IAD have "X" fare availability.
If you are able to visit one in person, that would expedite the process.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Can a TK Elite travelling in Y access 3rd party contract lounges at outstations? The TK website only mentions TK's own lounges (and *A Gold lounges).
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffay005
Can a TK Elite travelling in Y access 3rd party contract lounges at outstations? The TK website only mentions TK's own lounges (and *A Gold lounges).
Yes, you would have access to contract lounges.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you would have access to contract lounges.
Perfect, thanks! Qualified for Elite today via challenge.

I was a bit surprised to find out that only regular seats are available without a charge for Elites. Exit row seats or extra legroom seats in Y still cost extra.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:57 am

Question Business Class Fares

Hello people

I've spoken to TA customer service, not really much help

Intending to book BC directly with TA, looking at their BC fares, 2 rates, semi-flexible K-K class, & flexible Z-Z class, £250 difference between both,

I'll pay for Z-Z class if it's worth it, firstly, can anyone clarify the difference between both fares K-K & Z-Z?

Intended trip January 2022, currently, TA have very reasonable rates for BC January 2022
Old Apr 13, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rattle My Cage
Hello people

I've spoken to TA customer service, not really much help

Intending to book BC directly with TA, looking at their BC fares, 2 rates, semi-flexible K-K class, & flexible Z-Z class, £250 difference between both,

I'll pay for Z-Z class if it's worth it, firstly, can anyone clarify the difference between both fares K-K & Z-Z?

Intended trip January 2022, currently, TA have very reasonable rates for BC January 2022
Hi ​​​Rattle My Cage and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Could you please share the dates and routing that you are intended to fly as fare conditions depends on the specific route and date you're flying.
Rattle My Cage likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 6:48 am

Thanks IST

Intended itinerary

BHX > DPS out 15/01/2022 return 30/01/2022 x 2 adults
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rattle My Cage
Thanks IST

Intended itinerary

BHX > DPS out 15/01/2022 return 30/01/2022 x 2 adults
For K fare bucket, the cancellation fee is €300 per ticket while for the Z fare bucket, the ticket is fully refundable. Both fare buckets have no change fees according to the current COVID related policy.

Although, there are no mileage earning difference for Miles&Smiles, some other *A FFP's might give more miles/points for the "Z" fare bucket.
Rattle My Cage likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Last Minute "promotional" awards?

I found 2 biz 45k awards BOS-IST-FCO for Weds September 1st, but had to wait 2 days for the Citi TYP transfer, by the time I got back to it they were gone. I'll take the Thursday flight but it does kind of impact my itinerary. Does TK open up last minute promo award space? I set an alert on Expertflyer but wondering if it's hopeless at this point.

Seems odd there are either 4 seats available or 0 during that week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.