Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by sarpotd
How do the status tiers work? So if I fly 50,000 miles within 12 months. Does it mean?

1) I get Classic Plus and have 25,000 miles towards the 40,000 miles goal of becoming elite. Or,
2) I get Elite and depending on the previous 12 months mileage at any given time I could become Elite Plus or stay Elite for 2 years.
From a random date AA/BB/XXXX to date AA/BB/(XXXX+1) the counter would count your status miles,

- If you earn 25.000 status miles -> Classic Plus
- If you earn 40.000 status miles -> Elite
- If you earn 80.000 status miles -> Elite Plus

The counter for Elite does not zero when you achieve Classic Plus and the counter for Elite Plus does not zero when you achieve Elite.

Your logic the second statement is true so I won't comment on that.
sarpotd likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
don't think this is worth opening a thread, but how does TK treat connecting flight with OneWorld ?

My itinerary was booked through a travel agent and it's a single booking with only 1 ticket number. The route is BTU - KUL - IST - IAH.

BTU - KUL on MH
KUL - IST - IAH on TK.

I can bring up the booking (using the same booking number) on both MH and TK website showing the full itinerary. My question is, am I able to check in my luggage from BTU direct to IAH? Non of the transit times exceed 12hours.

Haven't been able to get a consistent answer from MH or TK ...
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
don't think this is worth opening a thread, but how does TK treat connecting flight with OneWorld ?

My itinerary was booked through a travel agent and it's a single booking with only 1 ticket number. The route is BTU - KUL - IST - IAH.

BTU - KUL on MH
KUL - IST - IAH on TK.

I can bring up the booking (using the same booking number) on both MH and TK website showing the full itinerary. My question is, am I able to check in my luggage from BTU direct to IAH? Non of the transit times exceed 12hours.

Haven't been able to get a consistent answer from MH or TK ...
If it's all on the same ticket you would be able to check it all the way to Houston as all the flights are on one single ticket.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Morning all - last Tuesday I entered my M&S number for the very first time - it was on an LHR-ZRH-JNB flight on LX - usually how long should it be before LX flights credit to M&S?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: TK*G
It's the second time LX doesn't credit automatically miles on my M&S card.
If within 3 days LX have not credited the miles, you have to wait 15 days and do it manually on TK website
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:27 am

I flew LX a couple of months ago, all five segments were credited automatically within 3-4 days.

Shuly
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maux

If the answers of these questions are yes, that might be the issue
-Do you have a Miles&More account as well?
-Did you login to your Miles&More account while booking your ticket? ( Even if you entered your TK number at booking )
-Did you save your reservation ( booking ) to your Miles&More account, to access it easily?
-Did you view your booking on any device where your Miles&More account was open?

It's a known issue that Miles&More ( on LH, LX, OS, LO, SN flights ) and MileagePlus ( on UA flights ) are credited to their own program regardless of the FQTV card you entered if you logged in to your account while booking/viewing/checking-in your reservation or if try to use a benefit ( upgrade, extra credit card miles, etc... ) on the respective booking.

If you don't have a Miles&More account, send TK a feedback form with the photo page of your passport and boarding passes 15 days after the flight.
Swiss flights usually credit within 3-4 days as shuly mentioned.

Edit: Also, Edelweiss Air flights give %0 mileage to TK
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for all the replies - guess I will just wait the 15 days and the submit a claim on their website.
I don’t have a M&M account so won’t be any confusion there. I also asked a Swiss staff member if she could check my booking while in ZRH and she confirmed my TK number was in the booking.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:39 am

Any idea when the Turkish website will switch to a proper password instead of an 8 number PIN?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sarpotd
Any idea when the Turkish website will switch to a proper password instead of an 8 number PIN?
Never. As you may have noticed the password is also used as a PIN code and PIN numbers cannot be alpha-numeric. It's the same logic as you can't change your credit card pin with letters/symbols and change the length of it.

The reason for the 6-digit numerical PIN is that you could easily book an award ticket and upgrade via the hotline ( TK flights ) without giving your phone number, home address, passport number, and any kind of personal info used as verification. You simply press the digits for your PIN.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: lanpass, asiamiles, oneworld, skywards
Is there anyway to claim M&S points from a family member's flight into my account? We don't qualify for the family membership account.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adasda
Is there anyway to claim M&S points from a family member's flight into my account? We don't qualify for the family membership account.
Unfortunately no.
Miles&Smiles accounts are personal.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: lanpass, asiamiles, oneworld, skywards
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately no.
Miles&Smiles accounts are personal.
Well I did figure out a way to do it but I am worried it's a glitch and if I keep doing it then my account will get shut
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adasda
Well I did figure out a way to do it but I am worried it's a glitch and if I keep doing it then my account will get shut
There was a glitch about this, I am not sure if this still works.
However, if you get caught, your account ( including miles and membership privileges ) would be suspended.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:42 am

When flights are not full, does TK keep seats empty next to Elite members or people travelling with infants?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.