The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: Eurobonus gold, Finnair silver
Sounds like a shopping trip for the lady and kids duty for me! Thanks @dolevo!
dolevo likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:03 am

Hey guys
which weird booking class is R (biz)? My company booked me in that one for the first time and I noticed it doesn't earn miles on any *A airline...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: TK*G
Which airline are you talking about?
Probably the flight is operated by partner
E.g. R can be an economy plus on LOT, or a business on Air China. Seen you said BIZ i suppose it's Air China or Shenzen.

Last edited by Maux; Sep 18, 2019 at 7:20 am
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Maux
Which airline are you talking about?
Probably the flight is operated by partner
E.g. R can be an economy plus on LOT, or a business on Air China. Seen you said BIZ i suppose it's Air China or Shenzen.
Nope, they're standard TK flights, TK791 and TK1587 respectively.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I checked on wheretocredit and yes, R earns 0% miles on other *A partners.

Corporate deep discount business fare would be my guess.
jonasfischer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jonasfischer
Hey guys
which weird booking class is R (biz)? My company booked me in that one for the first time and I noticed it doesn't earn miles on any *A airline...
Is your company a member of the Turkish Airlines Corporate Club. If yes, its a corporate rate not open to the public.

Tickets bought through Turkish Corporate Club does not earn miles as all TCC tickets ( including Economy ) has lounge access ( only at Turkey? ) , Business Class check-in, priority baggage handling, etc...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 10:14 am

Thanks guys!
That's so weird, my company uses a standard (offline) Travel Agency... Normally all their fares book in regular classes (mostly Eco), and the outward flight is eco as well.

EDIT:
It might just have been an error on the TA's side of things, when I log onto the TK app the flights show as booking classes H and J respectively :-)

Last edited by jonasfischer; Sep 18, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:51 pm

How do I get missing miles credited?

Hello,

I hope someone kind out there can help me with my question. I recently flew one-way biz class from Inchon, Korea to San Francisco via Taipei on EVA. I chose TK Miles & Smiles for crediting miles earned. The leg with actual EVA flight from Taipei to San Francisco was credited no problem. But the leg on an EVA's partner airline called Uni Air from Inchon to Taipei was not. That leg is a code-share flight of EVA and sold as EVA's flight.

How can I contact TK for this issue?

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by michaelmorio
Hello,

I hope someone kind out there can help me with my question. I recently flew one-way biz class from Inchon, Korea to San Francisco via Taipei on EVA. I chose TK Miles & Smiles for crediting miles earned. The leg with actual EVA flight from Taipei to San Francisco was credited no problem. But the leg on an EVA's partner airline called Uni Air from Inchon to Taipei was not. That leg is a code-share flight of EVA and sold as EVA's flight.

How can I contact TK for this issue?

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Uni Air is not a part of Star Alliance so you can't credit miles to Miles&Smiles for this flight.

Also, the TK website states

• Miles can be accrued only on EVA Air operating flights.
  • For the code share flights, the mileage accrual rate will be based on the operating carrier's booking class and not on the booking class on the ticket as THY flight. For this reason, there may be cases where the mileage accrual is different or ineligible to accrue.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...air/index.html
Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Uni Air is not a part of Star Alliance so you can't credit miles to Miles&Smiles for this flight.

Also, the TK website states
ISTFlyer,

Thank you for your response. Wow... I didn't know that. I learned 1800 miles worth of lesson...

michaelmorio
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
ISTFlyer,

Thank you for your response. Wow... I didn't know that. I learned 1800 miles worth of lesson...

michaelmorio
However, you could retro claim those miles via AirChina Phoenix Miles and Eva Infinity. If you're not a member of one of these programs, check their requirements if they accept retro claims from new members before registering.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:28 am

Not so true. The same for Swiss and Helvetic. Just flown Helvetic and miles were not credited automatically. You have to wait 15 days but it works very well. On your account go to "claim missing miles", fill in the data and, if Uni Air works like Helvetic, the miles will be immediately credited on M&S
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:36 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Maux
Not so true. The same for Swiss and Helvetic. Just flown Helvetic and miles were not credited automatically. You have to wait 15 days but it works very well. On your account go to "claim missing miles", fill in the data and, if Uni Air works like Helvetic, the miles will be immediately credited on M&S
That's wrong. In the case of Swiss and Helvetic Helvetic is not operating a code share flight, but a wet lease flight with only an LX flight number. On code share flights, when the main carrier you would earn miles on only has the codeshare number on it, you won't earn any miles. This is like Swiss and Edelweiss. All the Edelweiss flights hold Swiss code share FN, but if you're not a member of the LX program M&M you won't earn ANY miles on those flights, even if you booked via the codeshrae number.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:40 am

True. In fact i said "if Uni Air works like Helvetic"...
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Is it allowed to make route changes to awards?
I have a Europe1-Europe1 award ticket (TK) and would like not only to change the date, but also the city of destination. Within the same award zone, of course.
Is it still possible for the same 25 USD fee?
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.