Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
I'll be flying TK Business for the first time in about a month...LAX-IST-DBV. I'll be flying into LAX from SEA on a separate ticket. Planning on having at least a 4-5hr layover in LAX. My question is, will TK allow me to check-in through the TK app or online and issue a boarding pass? As soon as I land in LAX, I'd like to access the UA Polaris lounge using the electronic bp without having to exit security. US citizen here and I do not require a visa to enter Croatia.
I have not been able to get a mobile boarding pass for US-IST in recent months. The other direction usually works...
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

I have not been able to get a mobile boarding pass for US-IST in recent months. The other direction usually works...
that's very unfortunate. I'm assuming TK check-in opens 3hrs prior? It'll be very annoying to have to exit security and wait for check-in to open.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:52 pm

that's very unfortunate. I'm assuming TK check-in opens 3hrs prior? It'll be very annoying to have to exit security and wait for check-in to open.
Yes, usually 3hrs before departure, maybe 3.5hrs if you are lucky!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:56 pm

I just saw on the TK site that LAX allows app/online check-in but wont issue boarding pass for either app or online check-in. SFO also allows app/online check-in and issues bp for online only, not for app. I wonder why LAX is not the same.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:58 pm

I just saw on the TK site that LAX allows app/online check-in but wont issue boarding pass for either app or online check-in. SFO also allows app/online check-in and issues bp for online only, not for app. I wonder why LAX is not the same.
Interesting... I have flown out of both SFO and LAX multiple times in recent months and never got a boarding pass via the app or website (I usually try via the app first, then website).
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
Interesting... I have flown out of both SFO and LAX multiple times in recent months and never got a boarding pass via the app or website (I usually try via the app first, then website).
thanks for sharing your info. I think I'll just try to get a flight that will arrive 3-3.5hrs before the TK departure. I'll be flying AS down to LAX, so the flight time options are plentiful .
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:07 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hello there

It has been a while since I traveled on Turkish airlines, but next April I'll have a flight from Istanbul to Antalya in Business. The plane sheduled is a 77W and I remember that the configuration was 2-3-2. However, the seat map shows 1-2-1 and only has a total of 30 Business Class seats (essentialy it shows a B789 seat map). I thought that maybe it was one of the 777s leased from kenya airways, but those also have a 2-3-2 layout. Anybody know what's going on there? Is Turkish refurbishing their 777 cabins to the same layout as the 787s? Or will my flight most probably be operated by a 789 (even though it still shows a 777 as sheduled?)

Cheers
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:26 am

Does TK open up I class closer in when there are 4+ available seats in J?
Is there a cash price to upgrade ist-mle from x class to j?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by beachboys90210
Does TK open up I class closer in when there are 4+ available seats in J?
Is there a cash price to upgrade ist-mle from x class to j?
- no one here really knows how I is released, although it seems to be really far in advance and then zero, at least on the more sought-after routes.

- as for cash upgrade: that’s only available from outstations to IST.
- X is not eligible for any upgrades anyway (I think)

Last edited by gr8pirate; Aug 23, 2019 at 8:47 pm
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
I have a friend having gold card in KrisFlyer. I have talking about the benefits of miles&smiles and now he is looking for exchanging his KrisFlyer gold card with Miles&Smiles gold card. Is this even possible?

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by dolevo
I have a friend having gold card in KrisFlyer. I have talking about the benefits of miles&smiles and now he is looking for exchanging his KrisFlyer gold card with Miles&Smiles gold card. Is this even possible?

Thanks
This thread might help: TK status match (2017 onwards)
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: A3*G
Transfer questions

Hello everyone,

Looking into a PRG-IST-ADB-TLV routing.

Could you please advise me with what expect in terms of transfer and lounges at IST and ADB?

PRG-IST-ADB (3h50)

1) Would I be let into the international area (and their lounges upon arrival)?
2) Would I need to go through security (not required when connecting to other international flights)?
3) How is the domestic lounge compared to the international lounges?
4) I read there is direct lounge bus boarding for all domestic flights?

IST-ADB-TLV (1h20)

1) Is the transfer easily feasible within this timeframe?
2) Which lounge does TK use for international flights - is it the same contract lounge like LH or a different one?
3) Could I visit the domestic lounge before moving to the international area and if so, is it worth it?

Many thanks for your help!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Nick David
Hello everyone,

Looking into a PRG-IST-ADB-TLV routing.

Could you please advise me with what expect in terms of transfer and lounges at IST and ADB?

PRG-IST-ADB (3h50)

1) Would I be let into the international area (and their lounges upon arrival)?
2) Would I need to go through security (not required when connecting to other international flights)?
3) How is the domestic lounge compared to the international lounges?
4) I read there is direct lounge bus boarding for all domestic flights?

IST-ADB-TLV (1h20)

1) Is the transfer easily feasible within this timeframe?
2) Which lounge does TK use for international flights - is it the same contract lounge like LH or a different one?
3) Could I visit the domestic lounge before moving to the international area and if so, is it worth it?

Many thanks for your help!
1- No, you would need an international boarding pass.
2- Yes, however, you would be able to use the dedicated international-domestic transfer security checkpoint which would be less crowded.
3- Less offerings than what the international one has, no main dishes but a similar salad bar + soup + some cakes
4- Yes, bus boarding is available for all domestic flights.

1- Not when you would travel to TLV, as you may know, TLV flights ( anywhere in the world ) requires extra security at the gate. I would have reduced my transfer time in IST, taking an earlier IST-ADB flight instead. A connection time of 2 hours would be enough. There are IST-ADB flights every hour.
2- The same contract lounge which LH uses. You would need a physical voucher so don't forget to stop by at the check-in counters at ADB.
3- No, you could only use the domestic lounge with a domestic boarding pass. However, you could insist a bit that you have rights via *G but it won't be worth it.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:09 pm

With 8-10 daily flights IST-TLV, what's the point of connecting via ADB? Especially as this will add the hassle of entering Turkey for the domestic flight, and then leaving it in Izmir, plus the fact that you will miss the really nice lounge in IST, for the dubious pleasure of the domestic lounge in IST and the contract lounge in Izmir. Again, what's the point?

Shuly
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
1- No, you would need an international boarding pass.
2- Yes, however, you would be able to use the dedicated international-domestic transfer security checkpoint which would be less crowded.
3- Less offerings than what the international one has, no main dishes but a similar salad bar + soup + some cakes
4- Yes, bus boarding is available for all domestic flights.

1- Not when you would travel to TLV, as you may know, TLV flights ( anywhere in the world ) requires extra security at the gate. I would have reduced my transfer time in IST, taking an earlier IST-ADB flight instead. A connection time of 2 hours would be enough. There are IST-ADB flights every hour.
2- The same contract lounge which LH uses. You would need a physical voucher so don't forget to stop by at the check-in counters at ADB.
3- No, you could only use the domestic lounge with a domestic boarding pass. However, you could insist a bit that you have rights via *G but it won't be worth it.
Thank you very much!

Very helpful, will definitely look into 2h50 at IST and 2h20 at ADB + several years since I was at ADB (during the days of the LX flights to ZRH), hence why especially thankful for the bit on the lounge voucher.

With the international and domestic terminals being fairly far from one another, would I be able to check through my bag for PRG-IST-ADB-TLV?

@shuly

Price wise this routing is significantly less expensive than PRG-IST-TLV and similarly priced to PRG-IST/SAW-TLV.

I feel I would prefer an extra flight than Istanbul’s traffic + never been to SAW, but what I heard left me unimpressed.

Been already several times to the Miles&Smile Lounge and visiting the Business Lounge in the coming months too, fairly curious about the Domestic Lounge actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.