The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Reply

Old May 6, 19, 2:41 pm
  #2011  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
What the best way / cheapest way to fly to Turkey using Chase Ink bonus points?
CommonS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 19, 9:55 pm
  #2012  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LAX
Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by CommonS View Post
What the best way / cheapest way to fly to Turkey using Chase Ink bonus points?
Iím not familiar with Chase bonus points, but a quick online search says TK is not a transfer partner. Not sure if you can book a UA codeshare flight operated by TK through the Chase travel portal with points.
gr8pirate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 19, 8:09 am
  #2013  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Posts: 364
Hi is there any link which i can find the info for the processing fee, especially partner award tickets, no show, redeposit miles etc
thanks

Changes to travel dates, times or routes (which can only be applied to Turkish Airlines flights provided that the reservation is made for the same award zone, season and award class), and the refunding of Miles for unused award tickets (i.e. tickets on which neither the outward nor the return coupon has been used), companion tickets or an upgrade reservations will be subject to processing fees.
yauee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 19, 9:05 am
  #2014  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
Hi is there any link which i can find the info for the processing fee, especially partner award tickets, no show, redeposit miles etc
thanks

Changes to travel dates, times or routes (which can only be applied to Turkish Airlines flights provided that the reservation is made for the same award zone, season and award class), and the refunding of Miles for unused award tickets (i.e. tickets on which neither the outward nor the return coupon has been used), companion tickets or an upgrade reservations will be subject to processing fees.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-k...rds/index.html - Using Awards Section
PiperAtGatesofDawn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 19, 9:21 am
  #2015  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
thanks appreciate.
for my better understanding, the fee for TK flight and Star alliance flight are the same?
yauee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 19, 10:07 am
  #2016  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
thanks appreciate.
for my better understanding, the fee for TK flight and Star alliance flight are the same?
Not 100% sure but I think so. Others can confirm.
PiperAtGatesofDawn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 19, 10:24 am
  #2017  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, TK M&S Elite, KE SkyPass Club, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCAccor Clsc, HHonours Blue
Posts: 807
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
thanks appreciate.
for my better understanding, the fee for TK flight and Star alliance flight are the same?
Yes, it's the same for award tickets, but not for upgrades.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 19, 8:59 am
  #2018  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Posts: 364
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Yes, it's the same for award tickets, but not for upgrades.
thanks appreciate
yauee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 12:43 pm
  #2019  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 462
I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
lavedder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 3:03 pm
  #2020  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, TK M&S Elite, KE SkyPass Club, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCAccor Clsc, HHonours Blue
Posts: 807
Originally Posted by lavedder View Post
I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
For what mileage card would earn you the most miles on your flight from SFO to IST refer to wheretocredit.com. This would depend on your fare class.
For which *A partner has a better redemption and upgrade availability refer to the Star Alliance forum.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 19, 2:58 pm
  #2021  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 13
I have and 1130 flight from LHR. What is the earliest time on the day I can check my bags in?
Thepi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 19, 12:17 am
  #2022  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by lavedder View Post
I will be flying RT TK from SFO to IST on Business class. Which Star Alliance should I deposit my miles? I usually fly United on domestic but I have been disappointed that their business class redemptions are either unavailable or require a zillion miles. However, I don't expect to be flying TK again in the near future, and I just want a partner airline that is generous on their redemption or upgrade.
There are very few programs that are better than UA - (decent saver mileage requirements + no YQ). If you only redeem on UA domestic J and that isn't available through MP - those flights in all likelihood won't be available to other programs either. TK M&S is a decent program and of course you can redeem across *A (with high YQ).

However, there's no easy answer to where you should credit. It really depends on your goals & ambitions. There's a dedicated thread in the *A forum where if you share more details you'll probably get a much better answer.
PiperAtGatesofDawn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 19, 1:13 am
  #2023  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, TK M&S Elite, KE SkyPass Club, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCAccor Clsc, HHonours Blue
Posts: 807
Originally Posted by Thepi View Post
I have and 1130 flight from LHR. What is the earliest time on the day I can check my bags in?
Every outstation has different check-in opening times but in most cases, in Europe, check-in desks open 2h-2h30min before scheduled departure time.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread