Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:33 pm

Hi,

My travel agent booked a flight for me (as part of a group). Part of the flight is with AC and part of it is with TK. I called AC and was able to add my FF number and select a seat for the AC operated part of my flight. With TK, when I try to look up the reservation code on their website, it says the PNR code is not of the correct format (it is 6 alphanumeric letters). Any idea what I need?

Also when I added my Aeroplan number with AC, does it automatically get added for the TK portion of the trip or do I need to explicitly ask TK to add it?

Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by goodmali
Hi,

My travel agent booked a flight for me (as part of a group). Part of the flight is with AC and part of it is with TK. I called AC and was able to add my FF number and select a seat for the AC operated part of my flight. With TK, when I try to look up the reservation code on their website, it says the PNR code is not of the correct format (it is 6 alphanumeric letters). Any idea what I need?

Also when I added my Aeroplan number with AC, does it automatically get added for the TK portion of the trip or do I need to explicitly ask TK to add it?

Thanks!
I’d ask the TA to do it, but if all else fails and AC doesn’t give you a BP for the TK flight with your FF# on it, you can always have then add it at the gate.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:31 am

hi,

I'm a bit confused about the various numbers of miles I get when I log into the website.
there are 3:
Total status miles (current tier),
Status miles (last 12 months), and
Total Miles.

Now, Total Miles is the highest number, but it is different from Status miles (last 12 months).

Also, Status Miles (last 12 months) is higher than Total status miles (current tier) which is strange as i only signed up in Feb of this year.

Can someone help and explain?

thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
Now, Total Miles is the highest number, but it is different from Status miles (last 12 months).

Also, Status Miles (last 12 months) is higher than Total status miles (current tier) which is strange as i only signed up in Feb of this year.

Can someone help and explain?

thanks!
You’re not alone, this keeps coming up in various iterations, but your count looks to be extra confusing. Have you tried the app?

I find the monthly “Miles and Smiles Statement” emails to be accurate and consistent, even if they are a month late.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:09 am

thanks gr8pirate, glad I'm not alone.
the app used to say the same but now only gives one number, the status miles - last 12 months.

I called TK for something else recently and asked the girl to explain and she had no idea
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:08 am

Bookingpages with price scale per month

Hi all
I would like to book a flight from SJO to VIE in May 2019. Are there any Bookingpages where they have like all the prices per month on one page or shown like a diagram or so...?
Thank you for help
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by ticamoni
Hi all
I would like to book a flight from SJO to VIE in May 2019. Are there any Bookingpages where they have like all the prices per month on one page or shown like a diagram or so...?
Thank you for help
There is a weekly/grid view on the TK website, but it’s a little clunky and I can’t always get to it. Your best bet is probably google flights, restrict it to search for TK (you may need to add Copa/Avianca, TK doesn’t fly to SJO)

Last edited by gr8pirate; Aug 4, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:45 pm

Currency drop

With the Lira dropping today, there are some price differences when paying in Lira versus USD. For example, I am pricing out IAD-BKK business class on the Turkish air website in February at 22k TRY or $4.1k USD. Paying in lira should only cost $3.4k USD if your credit card gives you a market conversion rate. Is there anything I need to worry about if I book in lira, and are there any good promotions out right now that this can make even better?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ezrp
With the Lira dropping today, there are some price differences when paying in Lira versus USD. For example, I am pricing out IAD-BKK business class on the Turkish air website in February at 22k TRY or $4.1k USD. Paying in lira should only cost $3.4k USD if your credit card gives you a market conversion rate. Is there anything I need to worry about if I book in lira, and are there any good promotions out right now that this can make even better?
You can google Visa/MC exchange rates to see what rate they are offering.
2 things to keep in mind:
1: Check if your CC charges a foreign transaction fee.
2. The rate you actually end up getting is the rate on the day of settlement which is typically 2/3 days after the transaction.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Question: I have to get 9k status miles before the end of September to extend my Elite status, I will make a mileage run that will give 15k miles so I will extend my Elite status. Does that mean that the other 6k miles will added to the counter for the 'next' year?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Granite64
Question: I have to get 9k status miles before the end of September to extend my Elite status, I will make a mileage run that will give 15k miles so I will extend my Elite status. Does that mean that the other 6k miles will added to the counter for the 'next' year?
They don't.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
They don't.
That's a pity, I wonder why they don't do that.. Thanks for answering though.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Granite64
That's a pity, I wonder why they don't do that.. Thanks for answering though.
To get you to fly (and pay) more
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
To get you to fly (and pay) more
​​​​​​
I'm paying them enough already imo
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:59 pm

You can not transit via IST and not buy Baklava, that would be criminal.

Which is the best place at the airport to buy it and how much should I expect to pay, also can I use my CC or USD? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.