Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Check in dragon at BRU

Originally Posted by tartempion
I’ll try to get weight down to 40kg for the return, I bring back a lot usually.
Checked in at BRU for return flight.
Got a real check in dragon, 2.45h before flight, no passengers at biz or Y counter.
At J counter, dragon: do you fly biz?
Yes I do, am I at the wrong counter?
I have the right to ask you...That started a discussion.
I check in for several airlines, I know the rules etc etc
Had two bags, one 10kg, second 25kg.
You're 5 kg over, do you have status?
With QR but that won't help, I have an other return in September with TK etc etc bla bla
Please weight you hand bagage...10 kg, 2kg over...but only 1 bag, 2 allowed in biz...
In the end all was fine. Good I did not pack more.
Have 16k status miles now, still not good enough for next trip 2x8k miles...at 24k miles still might run into a check in dragon...
Old May 30, 2018, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Checked in at BRU for return flight.
They are handling agents at BRU, and they are not known to be the most customer service oriented staff I have ever encountered (they like to chat to each other...)...
Old May 30, 2018, 3:26 pm

I'm new to the board today and am excited to learn from all these seasoned travelers. My husband and I are in a position where we would love to travel extensively, but one issue-he has a bad back and on long flights he is literally a mess when we arrive at our destinations. For this purpose, he really needs to to fly first class in order to have an enjoyable experience upon arrival. His brother works for SkyWest and was previously able to get us buddy passes, but with this perk subsiding, we will have to figure out a different way. I looked in to a part time job with Delta Global-but the hours were horrible, and I wasn't confident I would be able to be flexible enough as a new employee to be able to travel anyway. So--I'm trying to do this smarter. We are able to fly in the off-season-very flexible on days. Where would you start if you were looking for the best deals on first class tickets?
Old May 30, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by dietmom5
I'm new to the board today and am excited to learn from all these seasoned travelers. My husband and I are in a position where we would love to travel extensively, but one issue-he has a bad back and on long flights he is literally a mess when we arrive at our destinations. For this purpose, he really needs to to fly first class in order to have an enjoyable experience upon arrival. His brother works for SkyWest and was previously able to get us buddy passes, but with this perk subsiding, we will have to figure out a different way. I looked in to a part time job with Delta Global-but the hours were horrible, and I wasn't confident I would be able to be flexible enough as a new employee to be able to travel anyway. So--I'm trying to do this smarter. We are able to fly in the off-season-very flexible on days. Where would you start if you were looking for the best deals on first class tickets?

Welcome to FT!

While you’ve certainly come to the right place for almost all things flying related, you posted in a forum that’s specifically for Turkish Airlines (TK). Maybe an admin can move you over to a better place.

To avoid confusion: First Class within the US is generally at or often a lower standard than International long-haul Business Class, but is often referred to as First within the US.

Check out the Premium deals page for an overview of prices or play around with google flights to get an idea.

Last edited by gr8pirate; May 31, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:34 am

I plan to book a trip with a +24h IST lay over.
What with luggage? Can I check bags at origin to destination for the next day or do I need to pick up bags and re check them next day? All I need at IST is cabin bag with stuff for one night. I plan to stay at the airport Pullman, have Accor status. It also seems destination has 3 weekly frequency, thus not on day of planned travel to IST, thus flight number to destination will be for the next day anyway.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I plan to book a trip with a +24h IST lay over.
What with luggage? Can I check bags at origin to destination for the next day or do I need to pick up bags and re check them next day? All I need at IST is cabin bag with stuff for one night. I plan to stay at the airport Pullman, have Accor status. It also seems destination has 3 weekly frequency, thus not on day of planned travel to IST, thus flight number to destination will be for the next day anyway.
You can check your bags through to your final destination.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:57 pm

Gr8pirate, thanks, will be handy not worrying with bags at IST.
any comments on hotel close to airport versus downtown?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
New miles&smiles acc

hi
i opened a m&s account in March this year. I have a bunch of TK J and Air china J flights in july/sept and feb next year that i calculate will get me 40k miles.. elite status.

I will then have a bit more travel in may 2019.. which if added would get me close to eliteplus.

My question is when they say ‘in a one year period’ would that be from inception of the account (march) or the time the first mile is flown (july)? Is the former should i just create a new account with a different email address and link that to my upcoming flights?
Advice/strategies appreciated!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by ttep
... I have a bunch of TK J and Air china J flights in july/sept and feb next year that i calculate will get me 40k miles.. elite status.

I will then have a bit more travel in may 2019.. which if added would get me close to eliteplus.

My question is when they say ‘in a one year period’ would that be from inception of the account (march) or the time the first mile is flown (july)? ....
You need to take into account all flights in a period of one year. E. g. for July 1nd 2019, you will take into account all your flight from July 2st 2018 to July1st 2019. If you make 80K miles in that period then you will get E+ status.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Originally Posted by flyerby

You need to take into account all flights in a period of one year. E. g. for July 1nd 2019, you will take into account all your flight from July 2st 2018 to July1st 2019. If you make 80K miles in that period then you will get E+ status.
great that makes sense and was the response I was hoping for. So my July flights will net me 26k miles.. should bring me to silver (I forget the name). I will then likely get a card delivered to me and see my m&s account change to silver, and if I then get another 14k miles by feb they will send me a new card for elite and I’ll see my account change again etc..?

thanks a lot for the help

one off topic question actually.. does having J class on tk with a 4 day stay in IST entitle me to any chauffeur or anything like that? It’s not a layover but a planned stop
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by ttep
one off topic question actually.. does having J class on tk with a 4 day stay in IST entitle me to any chauffeur or anything like that? It’s not a layover but a planned stop
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-m...clusive-drive/
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:50 pm

Mis-Credited Miles

Hi all, first time posting in this thread.

Took a flight from KUL to IST via Turkish a month ago and even though I specified my miles to be credited into Miles&Smiles, it ended up in my Krisflyer account. Boarding pass was printed with my Miles&Smiles number. Called and wrote to TK’s customers service countless of times through their feedback form and all said they couldn’t re-credit it back to my Miles&Smiles account once it’s processed by another FFP. Called up the Turkish airlines main office, lady said it might be possible once I got my miles reversed from Krisflyer. Got them reversed and still same message comes back.

Anyone here been through similar situations or knows of a more effective way to get in touch with their customer service instead of going through the feedback form or call center? Someone higher up perhaps? Thanks and any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by fabianfan
Anyone here been through similar situations or knows of a more effective way to get in touch with their customer service instead of going through the feedback form or call center? Someone higher up perhaps? Thanks and any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Try to talk with the manager of your local TK office.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:48 pm

An unexpected problem occurred in your flights

Trying to find seat assignment I went to Manage My booking to get this message:

An unexpected problem occurred in your flights. Please review the flight details on your ticket.Please confirm your new flight by contacting our call center, otherwise you will not be able to check-in. If you do not wish to confirm your flight, you can cancel your ticket.

Besides cancelling the ticket, which I don't want to do, I do not see a way out, except calling TK's call center?
Flights to be checked leads to nowhere, can't IT do a better job???
I do hate call centers, it's always a mess.

Btw, it's a J ticket, thus I selected seats during booking time, now where or how can you visualize seats chosen later?
Clicking on SEATS gets you into Manage My booking which gets me to above message...
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:50 pm

An unexpected problem occurred in your flights. ...
Clicking on SEATS gets you into Manage My booking which gets me to above message...
There’s not way out of it. You have to call them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.