Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access - Eurowings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access - Eurowings

I know Eurowings is not part of StarAlliance and therefor no lounge access if you are not with United, Lufthansa or Ana, but what if the ticket is a Swiss Airlines ticket and Eurowings is just the operator?

I have two flights next week MAD-ZRH and ZRH-HAM with the second one operated by Eurowings. Both flights are booked with Swiss Airlines. Would that give me lounge access in ZRH through my Elite card?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by weddad
I know Eurowings is not part of StarAlliance and therefor no lounge access if you are not with United, Lufthansa or Ana, but what if the ticket is a Swiss Airlines ticket and Eurowings is just the operator?

I have two flights next week MAD-ZRH and ZRH-HAM with the second one operated by Eurowings. Both flights are booked with Swiss Airlines. Would that give me lounge access in ZRH through my Elite card?
What does this have to do with Turkish Airlines? Are you trying to access a *A lounge operated by TK? Are you connecting through IST?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What does this have to do with Turkish Airlines? Are you trying to access a *A lounge operated by TK? Are you connecting through IST?
The OP is trying to use TK status...

The answer is almost certainly "no". Codeshares need to be operated by another *A partner for *A benefits to apply. A Swiss elite - Miles & More actually - is much more likely to receive benefits although I don't know the precise terms of that.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The OP is trying to use TK status...

The answer is almost certainly "no". Codeshares need to be operated by another *A partner for *A benefits to apply. A Swiss elite - Miles & More actually - is much more likely to receive benefits although I don't know the precise terms of that.
Are you interpreting "elite card" as necessarily being from TK's FF program?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you interpreting "elite card" as necessarily being from TK's FF program?
Yes. TK's *A Gold equivalent is called "Elite".

(it also has Elite Plus, which is also *A Gold)
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Too bad... so I guess there is no "major carrier" rule which would be Swiss in that case? I mean I will still try and see what they say. Its a pity Lufthansa is changing so many flights to Eurowings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.