Wifi password at IST lounge?

Old Mar 7, 16, 9:00 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHG
Free 2 hours wifi internet access is available at IST.
Old Mar 7, 16, 12:37 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by pencereamelesi View Post
Thanks! I'll try next week - if the IST lounge wifi is down for whatever reason.
Old Mar 16, 16, 4:00 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Yeah, good luck with that. Especially if you have a phone which is not roaming in Turkey.

And to those who are .....in' about 10 people in front of the lounge - that is really not a problem. 10 people (and yes, most of them are connected to Starbucks) comparing to 300 in the lounge means nothing. I am not sure if user nacho was ever stranded in IST without a phone that roams, unable to communicate with the outside world when it was important to do that. I travel now through IST 4 times per month, and don't have these issues since I am *A Gold, but it use to be very frustrating. And everyone that travels through IST often can tell you that these days delays and cancellation are not infrequent, because of the congestion.

TK
investinTR
Old Mar 16, 16, 11:54 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by potjernik View Post
YI am not sure if user nacho was ever stranded in IST without a phone that roams, unable to communicate with the outside world when it was important to do that.
I don't have a phone that roams, before my lounge time if I get stuck, I get stuck - I was with 3 small kids, yeah we were delayed, and do I need to post on FB saying that we are going to be late? No. I could get the password from FT but I didn't because I don't take things that I'm not entitled to.

I'm sure that if you really get that stuck TK ground staff will help you. For a couple of hours - it's just life. This has been like that before the internet time. I always tell people which flight I'm on so they could check (or call - before the internet time) to see when I'll be there. Or if they hear that my flight got shot down then clearly I won't make it to the destination.

I have seen people sitting outside the back exit of the IST lounge using the computer (there is an exit on the lower floor too). I don't think they were tagging the Starbuck's signal.

Anyway, to me the code is intending to use INSIDE the lounge for lounge guests only - that's the reason why they change their password regularly. You can ask the TK staff in the lounge if it's ok to share the login to the outside people. If they said yes, you can suggest that they might as well not having a log in as I'm tired to type invest in turkey tons of times and constantly get kicked out and have to re-log in again. That happens when the lounge was pretty empty in the morning hours.

Will go there again in 2 days and I'll see how the wifi is like - don't have much hope.
Old Mar 17, 16, 2:41 am

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles Elite Plus
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I don't have a phone that roams, before my lounge time if I get stuck, I get stuck - I was with 3 small kids, yeah we were delayed, and do I need to post on FB saying that we are going to be late? No. I could get the password from FT but I didn't because I don't take things that I'm not entitled to.

I'm sure that if you really get that stuck TK ground staff will help you. For a couple of hours - it's just life. This has been like that before the internet time. I always tell people which flight I'm on so they could check (or call - before the internet time) to see when I'll be there. Or if they hear that my flight got shot down then clearly I won't make it to the destination.

I have seen people sitting outside the back exit of the IST lounge using the computer (there is an exit on the lower floor too). I don't think they were tagging the Starbuck's signal.

Anyway, to me the code is intending to use INSIDE the lounge for lounge guests only - that's the reason why they change their password regularly. You can ask the TK staff in the lounge if it's ok to share the login to the outside people. If they said yes, you can suggest that they might as well not having a log in as I'm tired to type invest in turkey tons of times and constantly get kicked out and have to re-log in again. That happens when the lounge was pretty empty in the morning hours.

Will go there again in 2 days and I'll see how the wifi is like - don't have much hope.
But why should they waste couple of hours straggling with TK ground staff? Isn't the purpose of this forum to help each other make our traveling more comfortable? I don't want to be rude, but people didn't visit this forum before internet time and yet here you are taking advantage of all this free information...
Old Apr 23, 16, 12:46 pm

Does anyone have the April password?

Many thanks
Old Apr 23, 16, 2:13 pm

Backwardish as it is, there is no free wifi at IST.
Old Apr 25, 16, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Its an incredibly undersized airport for what its traffic is now, but also things easy like providing a basic wifi are abandoned and not cared at all.
I guess more to come with the incoming farewell to this airport.
Today 1 and half hour holding over Istanbul, leading to misconnections and a forced night stop.
The 2/h wifi as said does not work. And who knows if it's only with non Turk operators.
Old May 5, 16, 11:18 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
2016investinTR

valid till end of May
Old May 6, 16, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Listen mister moral high-ground, you can lecture those 3 small kids, if you really need to lecture someone.
Old Jun 16, 16, 7:17 am

TK
investin TR
until 30/06
Old Sep 2, 16, 8:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Anyone is able to update for September?
Old Sep 8, 16, 6:18 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus/EK Skywards Gold/Skyteam Elite
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Anyone is able to update for September?
The latest password is: 15JULY
Old Sep 9, 16, 12:53 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Regnum View Post
The latest password is: 15JULY
What a surprise
Old Sep 9, 16, 8:59 am

Programs: Skymiles, VIPorter
Originally Posted by boosh View Post
What a surprise
To respect forum policy I won't comment on the blatantly political WiFi password.

I will say, however, that this thread is potentially a lifesaver for many people.

Example: I'm an economy non-status passenger with no access to lounges, etc. Last summer, I missed a connection due to a delay in my first segment and was stranded at the airport for 7 hours. The ground staff at the connections desk were utterly useless (as is well known in this forum). My phone doesn't roam in Europe, so no access to airport WiFi or mobile data. The ONLY way I was able to get home was by negotiating myself a free lounge access pass, and researching alternate flights myself, and then negotiating myself past security to get TK customer service to rebook me at the customer service desk near Gate 215. The free lounge access was also the only way I was able to advise family back home of my considerable delay and re-route. If I hadn't managed to score that -- by being nice, making friends with the right agent, and basically outright begging -- I sincerely believe I might still be there a year later trying to find a way home.

Note to IST airport: Working WiFi for everyone -- not just elites -- isn't a luxury, it's a basic necessity. Until then, you can expect people to do what they can to get themselves access.

Search this Thread