FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   No alcohol, Company policy? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1429965-no-alcohol-company-policy.html)

TPJ May 25, 2016 1:06 pm

[QUOTE=PVDtoDEL;26677179]The airlines of America have trained you well :D:D:D
QUOTE]

:D

hermes1 May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Pretty sure that their flight from SGN-BKK is dry. But that was to do with TK being cheap. :D

Bar service opened as soon as we left BKK.

marcelduchamp Nov 18, 2017 11:18 pm

CAI-IST

I found this thread only after performing a Google search. My recent CAI-IST flight on TK's Business Class was dry and that took me by surprise. I had no idea that TK had such a policy - I'd thought maybe only flights to the Arab countries in the Gulf? Just bumping this thread to prepare those planning a TK flight to/from Cairo. ;)

marcelduchamp

IAN-UK Nov 19, 2017 4:54 am

Originally Posted by marcelduchamp (Post 29076572)
CAI-IST

I found this thread only after performing a Google search. My recent Business CAI-IST flight on TK's Business Class was dry and that took me by surprise. I had no idea that TK had such a policy - I'd thought maybe only flights to the Arab countries in the Gulf? Just bumping this thread to prepare those planning a TK flight to/from Cairo. ;)

marcelduchamp

Are there fights on any carriers where premium classes have access to booze but economy passengers do not? I know payment might be required in economy, but I thought alcohol availability held throughout the aircraft.

AFAIK, IST CAI has been dry forever, though my experience is on the 7am/9 am flights, so it's not something I've particularly noticed.

Egyptair is is dry throughout its network and is a code-share partner on the route; so TK's attitude could be formed around that.

MSPeconomist Nov 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 29077110)
Are there fights on any carriers where premium classes have access to booze but economy passengers do not? I know payment might be required in economy, but I thought alcohol availability held throughout the aircraft.

AFAIK, IST CAI has been dry forever, though my experience is on the 7am/9 am flights, so it's not something I've particularly noticed.

Egyptair is is dry throughout its network and is a code-share partner on the route; so TK's attitude could be formed around that.

On a very few particularly short flight segments on some USA carriers, there could be drinks service (with choice of alcoholic or nonalcoholic beverages) in FC but no time to do it in coach, sometimes with just a choice of something like water or coffee being offered.

jasdou Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am

Is IST-MLE dry?

starflyergold Nov 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 29089180)
Is IST-MLE dry?

No, free flowing