Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
It's strange this thread has no Wiki, so here it is, created 7/21/2015

PLEASE READ THE OP Post first

For case related questions ( ex: Am I eligible, etc... ) contact[email protected] first before posting your question here.

TK free hotel room rules:

A complimentary hotel accommodation (maximum 2 nights) will be provided to our valuable passengers when there are more than 10 hours (for economy cabin passengers) and 7 or more hours (for business cabin passengers) waiting during their international connecting flights due to Turkish Airlines’ schedule structure. However, if your destination can be reached by an alternative flight to your first flight and the waiting time is less, you cannot take advantage of the hotel service. This service is not applicable when there is a shorter connection available within the time frame mentioned above. The first and the connecting flights must be with Turkish Airlines. All passengers must hold a confirmed reservation for the first and the connecting flights. Complimentary accommodation will be arranged with Turkish Airlines’ corporate partners and will be provided through the “Hotel Desk” located after the customs’ check point at the arrival. Passengers must check for any visa requirements when entering Turkey. In the event where a visa is not granted, Turkish Airlines assumes no responsibility for providing complimentary hotel accommodation.

Note:
- You still need e-VISA to enter Turkish for a Tour or Hotel. The prices vary by countries ($60 USD for Canadian, $20 for USA, etc...)
You can apply here at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Tour website is at http://www.istanbulinhours.com/
There are 3 tours offered (Schedule)
  1. Tour 1 8:30am - 11am - Sightseeing Tour
  2. Tour 2 9am - 3pm - Tour
  3. Tour 3 9am - 6pm - Tour
  4. Tour 4 12pm - 6pm - Tour
  5. Tour 5 4pm - 9pm - Cultural Walk Tour
How to Apply - You need minimum 6 hours layover, max 24 hours. Both inbound and outbound flights must be on TK.

A Bosphorus cruise, with food and drinks, is available for business class passengers of more than 7 hour layover (€183 as of Nov. 2017)

Here's a list of the common hotels that are reported in this thread:

Marriott Renaissance Polat Istanbul Hotel (72% TripAdvisor – most common)
Akgün Istanbul Hotel (44% TripAdvisor–common – far from the airport)
Wow Airport Hotel (56% TripAdvisor–common - very close to airport)
DoubleTree
Wyndham İstanbul Petek (92% TripAdvisor)
Radisson Blu Conference & Airport Hotel (53% TripAdvisor)
Hilton Garden Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Istanbul International Airport
Gonen Hotel Istanbul
Pullman Istanbul Airport Hotel
Print Wikipost

FAQ 8: Free hotel/tour/cruise when connecting at IST

Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
WAW-IST-KUL TK Complimentary hotel

Originally Posted by Pawel Lew
I assume that code share flights are no good for complimentary hotel ?

I am flying WAW-IST-KUL with TK on the first leg and MH (CS flight) on the second. Both legs in J. 20h layover in IST. Any chances ?

I am booked on the same trip WAW-IST-KUL business class (first leg LOT, second leg MH - code share flights). As I was paying for my ticket over the phone, TK confirmed I was eligible for complimentary hotel and gave me the following phone number to book the room : 0090 212 463 7777 ext: 2426 or 2503.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 6:07 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I am booked on the same trip WAW-IST-KUL business class (first leg LOT, second leg MH - code share flights). As I was paying for my ticket over the phone, TK confirmed I was eligible for complimentary hotel and gave me the following phone number to book the room : 0090 212 463 7777 ext: 2426 or 2503.
great news ^
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
A question here:

If I get a complimentary night with TK, and the hotel has its own shuttle service, do I still have to drive with TK's own transport or I can use the hotel shuttle?

How long do you guys normally have to wait to get a room? I'm travelling with 3 kids and their patience is around 0% especially at 11pm.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Wonder if the hotel has a gym or something. Maybe you can take the kids there so they can burn off some energy (run on the treadmill or something) so you can get some decent sleep.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nme7
Wonder if the hotel has a gym or something. Maybe you can take the kids there so they can burn off some energy (run on the treadmill or something) so you can get some decent sleep.
The problem is that we won't be there until way after 10pm. That's a good point too so that they can shift the time difference. The biggest problem with small and tired kids is that their patience is 0, i.e. they can't handle ANY waiting time, especially when we can't tell them how long it's going to take.

So if we are at the hotel desk and they said you need to wait 2 hours to get us to be transported to the hotel then we might want to use our own hotel booking instead.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:14 am
Iam

Programs: THY M&S, Aeroflot Bonus
From my experience, it took app. 15-40 minutes to wait while hotel desk staff prepare docs. Usually people wait at Starbucks which is next to the hotel desk. Then the staff come out the office, call your name out, accompany you and other passengers to the exit, give vouchers to a shuttle bus driver and you are driven to a hotel. The travel time may be vary as it depends which hotel they booked you in on: almost every time we were booked in different hotels.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Iam
From my experience, it took app. 15-40 minutes to wait while hotel desk staff prepare docs. Usually people wait at Starbucks which is next to the hotel desk. Then the staff come out the office, call your name out, accompany you and other passengers to the exit, give vouchers to a shuttle bus driver and you are driven to a hotel. The travel time may be vary as it depends which hotel they booked you in on: almost every time we were booked in different hotels.
What if the hotel has shuttle provided? Do you have to take TK's own shuttle?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Iam
Could you tell us which hotels you were booked in ? Are they all "airports hotels" ? Do you know if the hotel category changes if you fly economy or business ?
Thanks !
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:26 pm
Iam

Originally Posted by nacho
What if the hotel has shuttle provided? Do you have to take TK's own shuttle?
I do not know. I can just guess that:
TK has its own list of hotel-partners, so your hotel has to be at least in that list;
even though your one in the list anyway you would not be accommodated unless TK issues a voucher.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:42 pm
Iam

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Could you tell us which hotels you were booked in ? Are they all "airports hotels" ? Do you know if the hotel category changes if you fly economy or business ?
Thanks !
Sorry, I don't remember the names of those hotels, but they definitely weren't necessarily "airport hotels": one time it took us 15 min, another time - 40-50 min to get a hotel. I can suppose that a hotel's category depends on which class is indicated in your BP: several times some people were taken to hotels others than we were did.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I'll try tonight to see how this works. I have already made our own paid reservation at CY IST (we have 3 small kids with us so we need certainty) - since we have to wait for 1 hours for the shuttle, I might as well ask which hotel I'll be getting.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:04 am

Has anybody been able to get a hotel confirmed for a transfer from TK 1766 ( WAW-IST) to TK 8000( IST-KUL) after the TK Metal flights starts ?

I called the hotline in Germany and I was told, that they won`t know it ...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: AIR: AA, TrueBlue, MileagePlus
When you take them up on the Hotel/Tour offer... what happens to your checked bag. Do have to drag it on the tour with you or does it say in the system for the next flight?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by polynet
When you take them up on the Hotel/Tour offer... what happens to your checked bag. Do have to drag it on the tour with you or does it say in the system for the next flight?
Same as if you just stayed in the airport during the connection:
- If your luggage is checked through to your final destination it stays in the system.
- If your luggage is only checked to IST, you have to take on the belt and check it for the connecting flight (before or after doing the tour or hotel).
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
Transit Hotel on two seperate PNRs?

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know if the Transit Hotel also applies to two seperate PNRs?
I am travelling in Business both flights, with a 12.5 hour stopover. Both flight were booked at thy.com (albeit seperately), and I am an Elite Plus if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.