Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Credit Request

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Mileage Credit Request

Hi,

An early December round trip consisted of four segments. Three of the four segments have been correctly credited to my TK account. The ticket was purchased on United and the uncredited segment was flown on Lufthansa.

The uncredited LH segment was purchased as a "U" class ticket (earns 100% on TK) but upgraded via a certificate to business class. The boarding pass shows that it is an "I class" ticket (earns 0% on TK) and does not list ANY frequent flier numbers.

Can I get credit on TK? Which airline should I contact? I have the original boarding pass and a copy of the ticket. Thanks for any help.

Robert
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:12 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by boberonicus
Hi,

An early December round trip consisted of four segments. Three of the four segments have been correctly credited to my TK account. The ticket was purchased on United and the uncredited segment was flown on Lufthansa.

The uncredited LH segment was purchased as a "U" class ticket (earns 100% on TK) but upgraded via a certificate to business class. The boarding pass shows that it is an "I class" ticket (earns 0% on TK) and does not list ANY frequent flier numbers.

Can I get credit on TK? Which airline should I contact? I have the original boarding pass and a copy of the ticket. Thanks for any help.

Robert
You should contact TK, explain the situation, and request a retro-credit. In case of upgrades the underlying fare class earns.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Excellent suggestions and advice. I called the Miles and Smiles desk. This was a much smarter move than the official procedure on the web site, which was to print out, then fill out, then send in a form with the original boarding pass to TK. The agent needed the e-ticket number, flight number, etc.

Incidentally, the M&S desk indicated that the retroactive credit request from Lufthansa will take 7-10 days.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi, I know that missing mileage request with M&S is horrible. I recently requested this via the online customer feedback channel. They responded and besides asking for the boarding pass and e-tix copies, they requested for a copy of the passport. Do you know why would this be needed (the passport copy)?

Cheers!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: TK M&S E, *A Gold, AP, Asia Miles, Nexus, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi, I know that missing mileage request with M&S is horrible. I recently requested this via the online customer feedback channel. They responded and besides asking for the boarding pass and e-tix copies, they requested for a copy of the passport. Do you know why would this be needed (the passport copy)?

Cheers!
In my case, they asked for a passport copy because the name on my M&S account was not matching my booking (as it was missing my middle name).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by yyzcdg
In my case, they asked for a passport copy because the name on my M&S account was not matching my booking (as it was missing my middle name).
Thanks for the info.

This was indeed the answer they provided me when I question them about it. In the end I did send in a limited copy of the passport as I really don't like sending such personal information when it is not necessary since the spelling was correct.

Never had any programs requesting for such information besides name change.

They should clearly state this out in their correspondences if this is the case rather than making the customer questioning such request.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.