Wiki Posts
Search

Is TK C class really that bad?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How can you tell the difference?

Im doing LAX-IST which is 2-3-2 so it's not the Jet Airways flat beds...is this an older seat? Is there free wifi onboard?

Im also doing ORD-IST which is an A330, but I cant see how to tell the difference between -200 or -300? Seating is 2-2-2 and only 4 rows so I hope it is the newest flat bed!
LAX-IST is on the new 77W which has the new flat beds. Note that TK don't have any 9W birds anymore.

If you look up your itinerary on checkmytrip then it will show you whether it is the -200 or -300 version (with the new flat beds) ^
The -300 has 5 rows (with 4 rows in the centre) and the -200 has 4 rows (with 3 in the centre) so I assume you have the old -200 bird for this flight.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by LAX888
Thanks you all. I will be looking forward to my flight with them and will report back how my experience was.

BTW I read that usually the male FA's are better than female FA's in terms of service and friendliness. Not sure how objective this is though...

I agree with this. The male FA are usually more service minded.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:31 am

What i found out is that the seat on the 777 and the 330 is identical, except 2-3-2 vs 2-2-2 and completely flat - sounds from the descriptions like the seat on South African?

What about the seats on the 340? Better to avoid?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Seats on A340 are almost identical to current seats on LH. Still better than Y, but not comparable to the new lie-flat seats.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Are there any plans to upgrade the 332 and 343 business seats to something similar to the newer seats?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:44 am

No.They'll be replaced by 333 or 777.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
On board LAX-IST now, service is friendly and very speedy (almost too fast). I made a point to ask for a refill hoping to spur attention. No other pax is receiving drink refills at all though. Very poor. Pajamas and offering of soup was nice. What is the point of the chefs? They take up space in the galley without doing anything different than the FAs and pax never see the chefs except during boarding and meal order taking. It actually reminds passengers that the onboard service is NOT equivalent to a restaurant!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:49 am
soy

Programs: various
What is the point of the chefs? They take up space in the galley without doing anything different than the FAs and pax never see the chefs except during boarding and meal order taking. It actually reminds passengers that the onboard service is NOT equivalent to a restaurant!
what we need is TK to replace the chef with a barman, at least then we would get refills
Old Dec 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Are there any plans to upgrade the 332 and 343 business seats to something similar to the newer seats?
No, they are still better than what you get on older planes of LH, TG, AF, KL, SK, AA, UA, OZ, KE, ... They are angled, but the slide down effect is less than on other angled flat products. I can sleep very well on those seats.

Besides that, these planes will be replaced, though not very rapidly. But again, the issue is fairly small.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global
No, they are still better than what you get on older planes of LH, TG, AF, KL, SK, AA, UA, OZ, KE, ... They are angled, but the slide down effect is less than on other angled flat products. I can sleep very well on those seats.

Besides that, these planes will be replaced, though not very rapidly. But again, the issue is fairly small.
Replacing A340 is difficult the planes are so fuel inefficient there is no market for them. So they will just be parked somewhere in the hope some airline is desperate enough to buy/lease them.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Is TK C class really that bad?

The thing with the A340 is also that they can fly routes which the A330 cannot fly and where the B777 has too much capacity. Therefore it is a great plane for long and thin routes.

On another note I would like to report on my flights with TK as I started this thread after all.

Having flown TK now from SIN-IST-ZRH on the A330-300 and the A321 I must say that both flights were good. The seat on the A330 was comfortable and I could manage 7h of sleep. Food was good but not excellent and service was ok. The staff is not as polished as on other airlines and do not smile that often but they do their job efficiently and honor every request for drinks etc. It felt a bit robotic but everything was perfectly acceptable.
Again as mentioned by others the male crew was friendlier than the female crew.
Amenity kit was nice by Lanvin but the blanket on the longhaul flight was too short for me and I am only 176cm tall. I was a bit astonished by this. I liked the fact that they provided slippers which should be the norm for every airline in Business IMO.
Security was a bit lacking though. They did not check if everyone has the seat in the upright position or if the seatbelt was fastened. However the landings where one of the smoothest I have experienced so far on both flights.
The lounge in IST was overcrowded and I could not get a shower during my 2h30min transit which was annoying.
Wifi was fast though and I love the lockers which are available. Lounge looks very nice though but has too many pax using it.

To sum it up. The hard product is good and can compete with other great airlines out there. However TK needs to improve on the soft product to be up there with the rest. This includes improving the English language skills of all client facing employees and also smiling which is almost non existent. However I would certainly fly TK again.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
I was on TK67 SIN-IST last night too.

The Seat: Great (But above poster is right, blanket is waaay too short)
The AVOD: Good
The food: OK (Dessert was delicious)
Drinks service: Terrible (asked for a refill of my empty wine glass when they served the main course. By the time it was brought I had already finished the main..)
Service: Perfunctonary bordering on dire (Did notice the level of English was particularly bad which might explain some of the lack of communication..)

What suprised me was how few pax from SIN/CGK actually disembarked in IST, flight im guessing was at or near 100% (standing room only in the changi gate lounge) but only about 20-30 people at the carousel on arrival...
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:11 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
On board LAX-IST now, service is friendly and very speedy (almost too fast). I made a point to ask for a refill hoping to spur attention. No other pax is receiving drink refills at all though. Very poor. Pajamas and offering of soup was nice. What is the point of the chefs? They take up space in the galley without doing anything different than the FAs and pax never see the chefs except during boarding and meal order taking. It actually reminds passengers that the onboard service is NOT equivalent to a restaurant!
I wasn't aware that they are offering pajamas.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 9:46 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I didn't have any problem with the service on my LAX-IST leg in business. they refilled my drink fast and without issues. I was very happy with the service.

I wasn't aware of pijamas i don't know if thats something new not offered 3 months ago.

As mentioned in other threads. Chefs are not part of the turkish staff but of the dinning company. really doesn't make a difference for me. i guess its a nice touch nothing more.

During my flight the chef was always around the cabin. didn't pass plate but was helpful and you could nice enough to get you a refill or anything else you needed.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Qantas FF, Hilton Diamond,
Travelling TK C BKK-IST

Has anyone had any recent experience with this route in regards to aircraft. From the above posts I presume the C seat in 330 is better than 340? My ticket doesnt show equipment on this leg, any thoughts would be appreciated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.