FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   "Membership has been cancelled" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1400295-membership-has-been-cancelled.html)

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 11:07 am

"Membership has been cancelled"

I noticed today that my AwardWallet update for Miles&Smiles was giving an error. When I tried logging in manually, the system gives me the following message.

PIN Problem

Membership has been cancelled.
I have the same issue when I try to check the accounts for multiple family members.

Is this a system glitch (some of the accounts updated less than 24 hours ago with no issues) that is likely to pass, or do I need to be concerned and contact them to try and figure out what the heck is going on?

For the record, I have absolutely no dodgy activity on my account (TK Elite, initially status matched but requalified with actual flying since then) and my most recent flights were early last week.

starflyergold Oct 23, 2012 11:21 am

TK have removed access to its system to the likes of AwardWallet. AwardWallet and other programmes will still try to check the account but this will result in repeated errors hence your old PIN will be invalid.

Have you tried the "PIN problems" option on the TK site? If you have a secret question on record you can just reset the PIN.

Log in with your new PIN and then pass a captcha style verification (designed to block access by automated programmes like AwardWallet) and everything should be ok.

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 19550570)
Have you tried the "PIN problems" option on the TK site? If you have a secret question on record you can just reset the PIN.

When I input my membership number on the PIN Problems link, I get the same message.

Please check and correct the mistakes listed below.

Membership has been cancelled.

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am

Darn, looks like there is a legitimate issue here.

All of my various family members' accounts seem to have been cancelled sometime in the last few hours, except for one.

Guess I need to call them and see what's going on. Not pleased. :td:

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 11:45 am

Oh dear, this might be a bigger issue than I first imagined.

The call center claims that there is no record of a Miles and Smiles account with my number, even though I am sitting here with the Elite card in my hands.

All trace of the account's existence seems to have been totally wiped from their systems. A supervisor is being consulted.

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 11:51 am

I have now been advised that my account has been "temporarily cancelled".

I have been instructed to email a copy of my passport, a scan of my Elite card and any screen shots of the error message to milesandsmiles (at) thy.com and they will get back to me in two weeks whether my "appeal to reinstate the cancellation" is accepted.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Anybody else having this issue?

starflyergold Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Oh dear, feel for you. Hope it gets resolved soon.

B747-437B Oct 23, 2012 12:06 pm

I can only think that this is something to do with AwardWallet. All the accounts registered with AwardWallet have been cancelled and the one account that I forgot to add there is still active.

veresch Oct 23, 2012 11:34 pm

B747-437B, it doesn't make any sense, why would they cancel your accounts... I am sure the issue will be resolved. Have you tried calling them? What are they saying?

starflyergold Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by veresch (Post 19554388)
B747-437B, it doesn't make any sense, why would they cancel your accounts... I am sure the issue will be resolved. Have you tried calling them? What are they saying?

veresh, as representative of AwardWallet, I assume this is not something you have seen before?

Gnopps Oct 24, 2012 1:00 am

Wow, cancelled and not even a notification to you? Nothing in your spam-box?

Angeleno228 Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

i am having the same issue! and i just credited some UA flights, what the hell? my account was also tracked on awardwallet.

when i try to login i get a "security word verification" step, then next to enter my email address, and last page says my membership is cancelled.

B747-437B Oct 24, 2012 1:36 am

Originally Posted by veresch (Post 19554388)
Have you tried calling them? What are they saying?

I called them yesterday. The call center was initially confused because he had never seen an account marked as "temporarily cancelled" before, but after escalating to a supervisor instructed me to email them a copy of my passport and Miles and Smiles Elite card. They will get back to me in 2 weeks.

No reason was given on the phone for the "temporary cancellation", but the only common factor between the accounts that were cancelled and that was not present in the only account that was not cancelled is that the cancelled accounts were on AwardWallet while the surviving account was not.

joorinainen Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

Something to do with the latest attacks to TK's systems? I seem to recall that i read somewhere that account information could have been compromised :(

B747-437B Oct 24, 2012 11:30 am

One of the accounts (the Elite one) has now been reinstated.

No reasons, no apologies, provided. Just a one-line email.

Please be informed that your Elite membership has been activated.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards
Still waiting for a response on the other (non-Elite) accounts.