Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Plus triple miles on Business?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
Elite Plus triple miles on Business?

I searched the forum and didn't get a clear answer on this. The TK website says:

Collect double miles on Turkish Airlines Business Class flights .
Elite Plus members earn double Status Miles of the actual miles flown and triple Status Miles of the actual miles flown while traveling on Turkish Airlines.

This, as usual, is quite confusing. Is it double or triple??
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:52 pm
tcm

Originally Posted by egokcen
I searched the forum and didn't get a clear answer on this. The TK website says:

Elite Plus members earn double Status Miles of the actual miles flown and triple Status Miles of the actual miles flown while traveling on Turkish Airlines.

This, as usual, is quite confusing. Is it double or triple??
My most recent J/C flight credit (yesterday) appeared as double miles both in terms of status and flight credit.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by tcm
My most recent J/C flight credit (yesterday) appeared as double miles both in terms of status and flight credit.
Are you Elite or Elite Plus? I noticed on the TK website that Elite members only get double miles.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It would be interesting to hear from a FT'er who is Elite plus.

In the comparison schema there is no other info than bot E and E+ earns 200%

It may be an copy-paste-edit-error. Many of the texts seems to be copied and then edited. Also, they could have mixed up "status" and "award". It would make some sense if you replace one of the "statuses" with award.

Originally Posted by Elite Card page

Earn double miles on Turkish Airlines Business Class flights:
Elite Card members earn double Status Miles of the actual miles flown on Business Class
Originally Posted by Elite Plus Card page

Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:50 am
tcm

Originally Posted by egokcen
Are you Elite or Elite Plus? I noticed on the TK website that Elite members only get double miles.
EP. This is most likely a typing error.

TK mileage accrual (status/flight) has always been:

Elite and Elite Plus members receive double mileage credit on Turkish Airlines Business Class flights.
link: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-tr...ablosu_tk.aspx
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
200% miles and that's it

no difference between Elite and Elite +, (I'am Elite+)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
double not triple miles-
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Yep, "Double" refers to doubling of the base miles, so Elite and Elite Plus get 200% (100% base + 100% Bonus) for Business Class while non Elites get the regular 150% (100% base +50% bonus).

It's not the regular 150% Business Class miles that get doubled which is where the confusion comes from in terms of people thinking it's 300% total.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Sep 12, 2012 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
...which is where the confusion comes from in terms of people thinking it's 300% total for Elites.
They confusion also comes from the fact that it is actually stated 'triple miles' on the TK website, on the elite plus page. Apparently even people inside TK believes this...

But no confusion here anymore, as a few FT'ers with elite plus have stated it is wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.