Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Reservation has First and Middle Name together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club

Had trouble with THY website buying a cheapo ticket today. Had to use about 4 different cards and wouldn't take any of them. When I finally did make the reservation, I saw that even though I put my first and middle name separate on my reservation(I thought), the ticket has my first and middle name as one name. Can this be fixed if I call the 1-800 number?

What do I do?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
This is standard on TK tickets. No need to worry at all.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I put my name in all caps. So if my first name is Tardis & middle name is Lass
and it appears on ticket as Tardislass, there won't be a problem at Turkish passport control?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Tardislass
and it appears on ticket as Tardislass, there won't be a problem at Turkish passport control?
there is no connection between passport control and plane ticket
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by siberslava
+1. My TK ticket seems to have the same, i.e. one long string dispalying first and middle name without any space.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by siberslava
Yes. And to add to the fact: Names can't be modified in any way after the purchase in my experience.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Tardislass
Just to confirm that if my father's first name on the passport is "John Doe", no hyphen or underlined, the ticket will be entered as "Johndoe".
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:51 pm
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
My tickets for Cameron A Lastname regularly show Camerona on my boarding pass, on multiple airlines. When I get called to the gate they often just pronounce it as if it were my name. Annoying, but harmless (so far).
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
in the past i remember that while booking a flight i couldn't write my middle name separate from the first name as the system was not accepting spaces...the result was also that it was impossible to do the check-in online on the mobile app by inserting my M&S number as in the registration of my account the 2 names are clearly separate.

now it seems no problem and i write in the reservation the names separated with a space. i noticed anyway that on the docs generate automatically from the system, such a BP, the two names are joint together. at least now i can insert my M&S number during online check in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.