TK Website Gets IMC Award

Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:05 am
tcm
Original Poster

TK Website Gets IMC Award

The TK website gets the best airline site award by the Interactive Media Council.

see: http://www.interactivemediaawards.co...am=94506&cat=1

Now, I really don't understand how they got this award

1- Not possible to select seats for a existing booking.
2- No way to order any special meals over the website.
3- Adding your FF details to a existing booking is also not possible.

You can only view your e-ticket on the site, that's all.

Then there is the bad English The design isn't any special either.

Is it just me or do you guys also think that the TK website is a relatively poor example in the industry? I would appreciate to read about any feedback!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:09 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
What a joke, as airline sites go it is in the bottom third both in design and functionality.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:24 am
tcm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
What a joke, as airline sites go it is in the bottom third both in design and functionality.
Thanks for your input, so it's not just me, I'm sure we have some other TK regulars here who would look forward to express their sincere feelings for the website joorinainen I can almost hear you
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Wow, how much did they pay the one who picked them?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They probably gave the members free J class seats.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:19 pm

"The Interactive Media Awards™ recognize the highest standards of excellence in website design and development and honor individuals and organizations for their outstanding achievement."

Recently i booked few flights with Philippine's low cost carriers and even they have manage my booking section and correct spelling on their website. Like i have mentioned several times. They should really get the basics right. This includes the website.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:30 pm

The seat selection problem is more than a nuisance !

Furthermore OLCI is not available from all locations e.g.ISB & RUH and I don't understand the problem.

How hard can it be to ''really'' improve the Website ?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:33 am
tcm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moeser
The seat selection problem is more than a nuisance !

Furthermore OLCI is not available from all locations e.g.ISB & RUH and I don't understand the problem.

How hard can it be to ''really'' improve the Website ?
The problem is that this is the second such website award they won over the last three months and this gives them the illusion that they are doing a perfect job. The IT company that got the TK contract is called: Medyasoft and I guess I will write them a letter explaining their shortcomings from a customer standpoint. I hope this will be more helpful than explaining the situation to a TK exec.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by tcm
The problem is that this is the second such website award they won over the last three months and this gives them the illusion that they are doing a perfect job. The IT company that got the TK contract is called: Medyasoft and I guess I will write them a letter explaining their shortcomings from a customer standpoint. I hope this will be more helpful than explaining the situation to a TK exec.
It's great to have someone who takes the time to write. Please report back if you get a reply from them.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I am mainly bothered with the technical/functional shortcomings, not so much design. (I am especially glad they didn't "optimize" it for 9" screen and touch interface, which seems to be the trend these days)
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Absolutely right. Booked a few long hauls not too long ago - through a TA. Damn glad I didn't have to do it via this web site. And they could at least spend some money on someone who actually has a real command of English.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:16 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tcm
These awards generally are shady, I remember that bmi's website won several awards and anyone who has ever used the bmi site was more familiar with 404 page than the rest.

It would not be that difficult to get the TK site up to scratch: use one or two experienced FTs as "guinea pigs" to improve functionality (booking process, management of miles and most importantly award redemptions, complicates ones! ) and then just employ one native English speaker as copy writer.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:52 am
soy

Programs: various
TK website is appalling.
Pretty graphics are no good if the functionality is $%*#&
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:41 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
These awards generally are shady, I remember that bmi's website won several awards and anyone who has ever used the bmi site was more familiar with 404 page than the rest.

It would not be that difficult to get the TK site up to scratch: use one or two experienced FTs as "guinea pigs" to improve functionality (booking process, management of miles and most importantly award redemptions, complicates ones! ) and then just employ one native English speaker as copy writer.
As long as BMI won awards for its website, TK can win awards too
Anyway both are really far from efficient websites
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:07 am
tcm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
It's great to have someone who takes the time to write. Please report back if you get a reply from them.
I have written a detailed e-mail on some of the issues here to the person in charge of TK's website. I have received a detailed response and a promise that the issues highlighted will be addressed in the next TK IT overhaul. Let's hope for the best

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.