FAQ 7: TK status match (2012)

Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
See post 1
Not sure how I missed that. I sent in my request and next time I have a short portion of my flight on UA without an option for an upgrade I'll put in my TK #. I actually have a few trips I'll need to take to the middle east and India and I've had it with UA recently.

Has anyone had any luck being status matched to Elite Plus and if so have did you get the two free upgrades right away?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jvquarterback
Has anyone had any luck being status matched to Elite Plus and if so have did you get the two free upgrades right away?
Zero reports of that happening.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Well they matched my UA Gold status to Elite which is sweet because I don't think I was going to make it with UA this year.

So do I have to accrue 80K miles to TK to make Elite +?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by alexthe5th
Did you have to credit a flight to your TK account in order to get the packet?
I got my packet without asking and so did one friend of mine. The other did not receive theirs and contacted TK and they refused to send one without crediting miles.

I bet they are not happy i have not credited any miles and accessed UC about 10 times in the last few months
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I just got matched as a platinum elite for life with KLM to GOLD MILES AND SMILES.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
I got my packet without asking and so did one friend of mine. The other did not receive theirs and contacted TK and they refused to send one without crediting miles.
I haven't received my packet yet and am hoping to get it without having to credit any miles to TK. When did you and your friend who received the packet get your status match and did you receive any email advising of the match? I did not receive any email other than the one about forwarding the request to the appropriate department. I found out that I was matched by checking my account online.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by jvquarterback
So do I have to accrue 80K miles to TK to make Elite +?
Yes.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
I'm planning on doing a status match from UA Gold. Do they look at the actual flights listed in the activity statement? I haven't flown as much on UA in the past month, and UA Mileage Plus activity statements only go by one month periods.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
As said in post 1, the rules of the match is unknown.
Those who matched early on wrote rather long personal letters explaining their flying patterns and intentions regarding future TK flights and attached at least half a year of flight log.
Others have written & attached less and got matched. There are also a few reports of denied matching. I suggest you make your case the strongest you can from start, and add as many months reports as needed to show your patterns and intents. It cant hurt, right?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 5:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Matched in 17 hours

I emailed my request yesterday around noon, including a scan of my AA Executive Platinum card and a PDF of my AA account statement. I also explained that I travel to Turkey at least once a year and have enjoyed my experiences flying TK.

I received an email at 4:30 this morning telling me that an Elite Card status match has been provided. When I checked my account, I saw that the status is good through July 31, 2014.

From now on, I will credit all my *A flights to TK.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: AB Topbonus Gold, AA Platinum, TK Elite, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Same here. Sent in photo of AA Exec Plat card yesterday afternoon and received match this morning.

I'm impressed!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Mine arrived after a little reminder

Hello everyone

I first mailed TK around 3 weeks ago requesting a match. I attached scan of my BA Gold card and statement for previous 12 month flights. Explained I was going to IST in Oct and wanted to try them. Heard nothing so sent them a polite mail on Thursday, re-attaching the scan and statement.

Didn't hear back but checked online today and saw I'd been upgraded, valid to end July 2014. Very smooth so far, will look forward to their onboard service and what sounds like a great IST lounge.

HiTA
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Zero reports of that happening.
What is the threshold to get the upgrades? Fly another 80,000 miles with them?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Shimon
What is the threshold to get the upgrades? Fly another 80,000 miles with them?
Yes.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Wow! Less than 24 hours to match! Now I'm wondering whether it is worth crediting to TK or UA. I'm probably not going to hit the 50k this year, but will be well over 25k. Since TK requires only 25k to renew Gold (or 37.5k in two years), it may be worth while to funnel some miles over to TK. Although the 50% RDM bonus that I get with UA is still quite nice. Hmm...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.