Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

FAQ 1: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles, essential programme information

Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by chpy
New earning rates for UA flights as of today (09.03.15).
booking classes that were adjusted:
K/G/N 50%
Q/V/W/S/T/L 75%
Z/P 100%
Sad to see this downgrade. Only good news is that N was added, it had previously been excluded.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
P yields only 100%

Time to switch to LX - still earning 150%
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Does anyone know how TK deduct your status miles?

I am in the second year of the E+ membership cycle (until Sept 30th, 2015).
So far I have over 60000+ status miles (more than enough to renew) since the start of E+. All the sudden, I just logged into my account and it's telling me my status miles are 20000 less (showing 40000+), is this normal?

When I go into card operation it's still telling me I have enough miles to renew with "Congrat" message nor am I am able to purchase status miles.

Update:

I found out the 40000+ miles shown in my account are exactly the status miles I have accrued during the first membership year and perhaps they have restated my applicable status miles (only needed those to renew), rather than actual and running total status miles accrued for the entire 2 year cycle.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 12, 2015 at 9:42 am
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Hi!

I had a question on Miles and Smiles with regards to Star Alliance award tickets.

If I want to fly within North America, using Miles and Smiles Miles on e.g. United, what is the cost of a one-way flight award? Is it 10k or 15k in Economy?

I'm currently trying to fly from NYC to one of the Caribbean Islands and then back to houston, but not sure how much this would cost me with TK. I understand that with LH miles, this would cost me 17.5k one way, so 35k for the entire trip in eco.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
TK opens up I and X bucket for elite plus member? it seems to be a great benefits.

2 upgrade vouchers can be earned after each time requalifying, right?

elite plus only needs 40000 status miles per year. the benefits seem very good!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:41 am

I just wanted to register myself for Miles and Smiles on the webpage. However, this doesn't seam to be possible for me as I cannot chose my German hometown in the drop down menu of the registration form. Is there a way to bypass this form and register another way?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by cyberkeiler
I just wanted to register myself for Miles and Smiles on the webpage. However, this doesn't seam to be possible for me as I cannot chose my German hometown in the drop down menu of the registration form. Is there a way to bypass this form and register another way?
My town is also missing, I just selected the closest one (sometimes "OTHER" is available as well) and then specified the correct town on the second address line.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:28 am

i am so confused, are tier/status miles the same as award miles?

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

so if i fly tk in T class, i'm getting half the award miles but also half status miles?

tier and status miles is something i cannot find ANYWHERE on the THY website or even here on flyertalk. is that because they are one and the same?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by phbl
i am so confused, are tier/status miles the same as award miles?

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

so if i fly tk in T class, i'm getting half the award miles but also half status miles?

tier and status miles is something i cannot find ANYWHERE on the THY website or even here on flyertalk. is that because they are one and the same?
Yes they are, your award miles are the same as status miles. Award miles can be used for flight awards; status miles calculate your status (classic plus, elite, elite plus). When flying in T you get 50% of the miles, both status and award. Status miles get reduced when you get status or renew status. Award miles are valid for 3 years.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:02 am

I'm unclear about the 200% while fling C on TK as an elite.
Such a C flight will give 200% status miles?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Markus1301
I'm unclear about the 200% while fling C on TK as an elite.
Such a C flight will give 200% status miles?
Not any more.

J & K 160% ; C & D 175%
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
I'm trying to understand requalification for TK Elite / *G. The requirements are 25,000 miles in the first year or 37,500 in two years.

I have UA and TK FF plans. I want to extend TK *G status but after that bank award miles in UA because their expiration can be extended. So I am trying to figure out how to keep TK *G longest with the fewest miles.

It seems like the best bet is to get close to 25,000 during the first year but not go over, and then credit the other 12,500+ miles as late as possible in the second year. Does that make sense?

If I get over 25,000 miles in the first year, then any miles after that go toward a new 25/37.5k requirement, correct? The original second year no longer applies?

And if I get, say, 26,000 TK miles in the first year, do the extra 1,000 miles apply toward the next requalification? Or does it start from zero again?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bilofsky
I'm trying to understand requalification for TK Elite / *G. The requirements are 25,000 miles in the first year or 37,500 in two years.

I have UA and TK FF plans. I want to extend TK *G status but after that bank award miles in UA because their expiration can be extended. So I am trying to figure out how to keep TK *G longest with the fewest miles.

It seems like the best bet is to get close to 25,000 during the first year but not go over, and then credit the other 12,500+ miles as late as possible in the second year. Does that make sense?

If I get over 25,000 miles in the first year, then any miles after that go toward a new 25/37.5k requirement, correct? The original second year no longer applies?

And if I get, say, 26,000 TK miles in the first year, do the extra 1,000 miles apply toward the next requalification? Or does it start from zero again?
once you get 25k in the 1st year of Elite, your membership is automatically 2 years extended. So you dont need to do anything in the 2nd year

example you earned 25k miles in the 1st day of your Elite membership, you elite status is valid now for another 2 years on top of your current membership = 4 years.

In this case 2nd year miles can also help to upgrade you to Elite Plus on 12 months rolling basis
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
Originally Posted by smashe
once you get 25k in the 1st year of Elite, your membership is automatically 2 years extended. So you dont need to do anything in the 2nd year
Thanks.

I flew SFO-IST-SJJ and VCE-IST-SFO, and my travel agent didn't enter my FF number.

That turned out to be a plus. I was able to credit just the SFO-IST segment on the TK website and immediately got credit for it. When I do the same with IST-SFO I will requalify.

Then I'll credit the other segments to my UA account, where the miles won't expire.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: miles&smiles
Hoping you guys can help clarify a few things. I was just reading up on the Elite benefits and it state a 175% bonus when flying in J or C. Is this in addition to the standard fare class bonus? And is this only on TK metal or would it apply to any *A in J or C?

I used webflyer to calculate a flight I do fairly often IST-LGW:

Travel Route: IST - LGW

One Way Distances:
Distance 1540 miles
Elite bonus 2700 miles
Class of service bonus 770 miles
TOTAL 5010 miles

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.