Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by pvdflyer
Has anybody successfully been able to get Turkish to consolidate miles earned before the family membership was activated into the head account? When my family membership was approved, I received an email offering to do so if I responded indicating I wanted them to do this. I replied asking them to consolidate these pre-family membership miles and they never did. All followup emails have resulted in an irrelevant response saying that I already have a family membership.
They pooled everything into mine.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Pandion, Turkish M&S Elite+, AB Gold, MarriottRewards Platinum Premiere, SPG Platinum
Today, after writing numerous mails since May 2014, my family account was created. All miles was pooled in the master account. I experienced the same difficult process as NACHOS, but, at last, I succeeded. In addition, I may add that my partner and I are in a same-sex civil union. Happy that TK does not discriminate in this regard.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
i guys!
i sent the request at the end of Jan if i recall well and about 10 days ago i got a mail confirming the family account was set up.
we also got our first flight credited and i can see both mine and my wife's miles into my account.
what i don't know (i wrote a message to TK) is how to transfer the old miles as well as they're otherwise completely useless in my wife's account as they're not enough for anything...

BTW in my original request made through website form i attached my original marriage certificate in italian and chinese and they accepted them without any translation.

UPDATE: after requesting for full mileage transfer via website, all miles were transferred in the family account under my name

Last edited by Rescmajster; Feb 24, 2015 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BornIn1980
Today, after writing numerous mails since May 2014, my family account was created. All miles was pooled in the master account. I experienced the same difficult process as NACHOS, but, at last, I succeeded. In addition, I may add that my partner and I are in a same-sex civil union. Happy that TK does not discriminate in this regard.
^ I think they look at the paper, you have it - you got it.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am looking at creating a family account, with my sister's since we share the same last name. From what I've been told one only has to submit copies of our passports to have it set up, or do I have to provide any other documents? Also is it possible to send it in via the e-mail contact form?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH4116
I am looking at creating a family account, with my sister's since we share the same last name. From what I've been told one only has to submit copies of our passports to have it set up, or do I have to provide any other documents? Also is it possible to send it in via the e-mail contact form?
You need to use the online form - it's the only way unless you can fax it to them. I'm not sure how they will handle you and your sister as a family since the whole family membership is designed for parents and children. I sent in the familjbevis from skatteverket in English and they completely ignored.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite, AF FB Jeune, AMEX AF Gold, Hhonors Silver
Arrow A specific kind of family

Originally Posted by LH4116
I am looking at creating a family account, with my sister's since we share the same last name. (...)
I tried to get a family account with my mother... They told me that is impossible! Only with you wife/husband, and children if you have...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kpernek
I tried to get a family account with my mother... They told me that is impossible! Only with you wife/husband, and children if you have...
Of course not - the whole point of the family account is to combine the miles from your children because they can't really redeem miles themselves.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:49 am

just got it - 11 days after first application, my partner's miles already in. did attach a marriage certificate and partner's id (both in french), TK didn't request anything more, nor they asked for translation etc. surprised how efficient they were this time.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: TK*G
Sorry to dig out an old thread, but does anyone know if this stlll work now?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It works, but it's a bit of a PITA. My experience is late 2017; I had to send passports and an official translated marriage certificate (Italian to french was accepted) and I still have to send official translated documents attesting my kids are my kids, since they have the father's surname and the family account is in my name.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by bart simpson
Sorry to dig out an old thread, but does anyone know if this stlll work now?
Thank you for digging it back out!
I’ll go though the process in the near future. The information is still somewhere, you just need to dig a little. I think it’s in the FAQ bit on the new website.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Feb 28, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: TK*G
Sorry guys but just one more question in my mind, so in my family A, B are both Elite members while C isn't.

Currently, A and B are still around 5,000 status miles short for Elite renewal.
Once I combine the miles, is it true that the status miles will remain for both A, B but only the award miles will go to account A?

Also is there an upper age limit for the children to be pooled in the family account?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Sorry guys but just one more question in my mind, so in my family A, B are both Elite members while C isn't.

Currently, A and B are still around 5,000 status miles short for Elite renewal.
Once I combine the miles, is it true that the status miles will remain for both A, B but only the award miles will go to account A?

Also is there an upper age limit for the children to be pooled in the family account?
Thanks!
Correct.
Me & husband have around 18k miles. When I requested the family account and then confirmed the miles moving, my husband 18k award miles were transferred to my account, while his status miles weren't unaffected. Beside, you can't move or spend status miles
I don't know about children age requirements.

Last edited by Lefly; Mar 19, 2018 at 4:23 pm Reason: grammar
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.