Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:52 am

Ok thanks! I will do the cards separately. I don't have time to send birth certificates etc..
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:30 pm

Redemption

Family Accounts comments here seem concerned with pooled collection. My question is to do with redemption.

A regular account member can book for anyone he nominates.
Does having a family account impact that ability? For instance does having a family account infer that only those named members of that account are able to fly, or is this not the case?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Anyone applied lately? I have sent in documents and the email address [email protected] doesn’tcwork anymore. So I had to use the feedback form and I called them a few weeks ago after receiving numerous copy paste replies, they told me they will forward all the documents to the right dept. I’m wondering how long it will take.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Thomastraveller
Family Accounts comments here seem concerned with pooled collection. My question is to do with redemption.

A regular account member can book for anyone he nominates.
Does having a family account impact that ability? For instance does having a family account infer that only those named members of that account are able to fly, or is this not the case?
No, the "head of family" account has all the same possibilities (using the exact same tools/methods) to redeem from his/her account (holding the family pool of points) as any other M&S accounts.

This is why only points accrual is discussed for family accounts; there are no differences regarding points redemption.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:09 am

Question for the experienced here: My family of 4 does the JFK-IST route once a year, sometimes with a domestic THY flight on top of that. Does it make sense for us to even bother with this program? I'm trying to understand how often one (person or family) would have to fly to be able to get any worthy benefits from the program. My wife and I have individual M&S accounts now but have never got any rewards because they usually expire by the time we've earned enough to use them.

I read through this whole thread and it seems like a lot of hassle to manage the program. Just want to make sure it's worth it before I bother.

Thanks,
~h
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Family miles

Hello,

I have been trying to apply for family miles for my family and myself. We met all the requirements and I have been applying since March this year. I have also attached all the documents required (TK CS acknowledged it)

I have sent over 7 feedbacks and numerous calls and they said they will look at it, until today, nothing has changed.

It's not a secret that TK is really bad at customer relations, and can someone here give me some hint on how to get it through?

A call center agent told me to pay to transfer miles

TIA!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:53 am

Family miles

The miles are pooled into one account as soon as the family account is acknowledged by customer support and you take your first flight credited to your TK account. So you will need to credit a flight to your tk account before you'll see the accounts merged, that is if your family account has been confirmed but you still don't see the merged miles.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Debian_alex
The miles are pooled into one account as soon as the family account is acknowledged by customer support and you take your first flight credited to your TK account. So you will need to credit a flight to your tk account before you'll see the accounts merged, that is if your family account has been confirmed but you still don't see the merged miles.
Thanks! But how do I know if it has been confirmed? We credited a flight to TK a while ago (after I have applied the family membership) and nothing happened.

TK claims that they will contact me once it has been approved - never heard a word from them until recently they asked for 'marriage certificate' - apparently my proof of family from the Swedish government is not adequate.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saga of getting my family membership

This is ridiculous - it took me 10+ months plus numerous emails + calls to get my family membership set up.

I made my very first feedback on March 1. Of course it's ignored, then I sent 7 feedback until November.

Starting from October I called TK regularly - once a week.

In November I called twice a week.

December I called every day/ other day.

Finally sometimes in December they wrote back - we need your marriage certificate - obviously my very well presented Swedish tax authority personal data abstract is not good enough - that paper is awesome because it's a family proof. It states who you are married to and the information about your children too.

So I sent in the marriage certificate from Denmark (a piece of paper only in Danish and doesn't look fancy at all) - alongside with all the previous documents (they claim that they need ALL the documents again despite the fact that I have sent them that 3 times already).

Then the account was created sometimes in January. However no mile was pooled into my account - even though I stated in one of the many feedbacks about that (they told me to).

I called again (twice a week). Yesterday they finally put all the miles into my account. Now I can apply for upgrade for an upcoming trip.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
wooow...that's too bad...i'm willing to do the same and i'm thinking if may be it might be easier (if feasible) to do it in person in Istanbul.

the interesting part is that my marriage certificate is either in Chinese or in Italian, so probably even more complicated...

anyone else got the same experience?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Rescmajster
wooow...that's too bad...i'm willing to do the same and i'm thinking if may be it might be easier (if feasible) to do it in person in Istanbul.

the interesting part is that my marriage certificate is either in Chinese or in Italian, so probably even more complicated...

anyone else got the same experience?
I'm on my 11th month run with this
1. It' s impossible to do it in Istanbul airport. At all. Never. They even don't know what you are talking about.
2. I had to verified the translation of my marriage certificate to engilish by local lawyer.
3. I still have nothing
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:08 pm

Saga of getting my family membership

Got it relatively quick, in about 2 weeks from sending the scanned papers I got a response saying that my family account was created and that my wife's miles will be pooled into my account after I take my first flight with them after this moment. I haven't credited any flight yet but hopefully this will work...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:22 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I got it within 1-2 weeks too.
Bottom line is, send them what they want. Dont send them what you think they want.

It's just like their service in the air. They give you what they want. Not what they think you want
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I got it within 1-2 weeks too.
Bottom line is, send them what they want. Dont send them what you think they want.

It's just like their service in the air. They give you what they want. Not what they think you want
I did give them what they want - but they still not processed it right away - they could have just tell me they miss that document. We got married in a town hall vs a church so our marriage certificate looked very not like one - no chop and it looked very 'unofficial' + 100% in Danish. That's why I sent them the proof of our family status from the tax authority in Sweden (they even have English version).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 am

Has anybody successfully been able to get Turkish to consolidate miles earned before the family membership was activated into the head account? When my family membership was approved, I received an email offering to do so if I responded indicating I wanted them to do this. I replied asking them to consolidate these pre-family membership miles and they never did. All followup emails have resulted in an irrelevant response saying that I already have a family membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.