Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by HiAperture
So if the plane is now flying regularly, how has this seat map issue not been resolved? Surely they are not flying these planes half empty because the computer system doesn't show the correct amount of seats.
Turkish Airlines - Impossible is nothing
cloudzocker and Sinter like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by HiAperture
So if the plane is now flying regularly, how has this seat map issue not been resolved? Surely they are not flying these planes half empty because the computer system doesn't show the correct amount of seats.
The check-in agents can see the seat map without an issue, the problem is that the seat map does not appear correctly in their web system and in the system that the hotline uses.

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Turkish Airlines - Impossible is nothing
That is true

-----------------

And another news,

Advance seat selection in Economy Class for domestic flights are now available for a cost. 25 TRY for regular seats and 40 TRY for exit row seats.
Seat selection is still free during OLCI.

Also, there is a rumor going that advance seat selection ( for all seats including seats which aren't exit row seats or bulkheads ), for international flights and Economy cabin, would not be free of charge anymore.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Running into the same issue on my award booking for in May 2020 on the 787. Wife and I spoke to 3 separate agents. The first one actually assigned us seats, but 2A and 2D and swore they are next to each other. We tried explaining we wanted E and F to no avail. Hoping it gets resolved sooner than later.

Even weirder when checking seat selection in the app, it says our tickets haven't been issued even though we have email confirmation regarding the same.

Anyways wouldn't be surpised on the seat selection for economy, was only a matter of time before it migrated over from Anadolu Jet on to TK metal.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The check-in agents can see the seat map without an issue, the problem is that the seat map does not appear correctly in their web system and in the system that the hotline uses.
So if I drove to MIA to the TK check in desk ahead of time for my flight in October from IST-ATL could they change the seat, or do they not have control this far out?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Also, there is a rumor going that advance seat selection ( for all seats including seats which aren't exit row seats or bulkheads ), for international flights and Economy cabin, would not be free of charge anymore.
I would be quite upset if they requested status passengers to pay for choosing seats in advance...
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Lefly
I would be quite upset if they requested status passengers to pay for choosing seats in advance...
Status passengers ( including Elite Plus pax ) are not eligible for a free seat selection when traveling Economy.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Status passengers ( including Elite Plus pax ) are not eligible for a free seat selection when traveling Economy.
Is this really something in the works or just rumor at this point.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gr8pirate

Is this really something in the works or just rumor at this point.
Domestic -> Works
International -> Rumor
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Seat Selection

I booked an award flight on TK using LifeMiles and am having trouble getting seat assignments. I have a record locator and etickets and can get to manage my booking but can’t get to seats!

Turkish says call Avianca but I’m pretty sure it’s up to Turkish.

ive tweeted to Turkish but they are unresponsive. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HanoiIG
I booked an award flight on TK using LifeMiles and am having trouble getting seat assignments. I have a record locator and etickets and can get to manage my booking but can’t get to seats!

The Avianca ticket number should work on the TK website and with the hotline. If not, call Avianca and ask them for the TK record locator - TK uses its own system, there should be a separate TK record locator.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:11 pm

Are you saying that any Y passenger, including status ones, already has to pay for any standard seats?
I thought I was able to choose Y seats a couple of weeks ago for an award flight late September... these policies confound me sometime.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you saying that any Y passenger, including status ones, already has to pay for any standard seats?
I thought I was able to choose Y seats a couple of weeks ago for an award flight late September... these policies confound me sometime.
Currently, a Y passenger, regardless if he has status or not, has to pay for advance seat selection for Domestic flights.

There is a rumor that the same process would be applied for international flights in the near future.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:32 am

Currently, a Y passenger, regardless if he has status or not, has to pay for advance seat selection for Domestic flights.

There is a rumor that the same process would be applied for international flights in the near future.
Thank you.
My opinion it's that status passengers should be able to choose a seat for free, domestic or international, Y or J.
I already dislike that on *A I can't choose a seat for free like happens on OW... having to pay also on the airline I have direct status with is very annoying.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by HanoiIG

I bought an award J ticket on TK using Aegean Miles and Bonus miles, and found out that TK website will not display the booking, nothing will work, not Aegean pnr or ticket nr, nor TK pnr. I could however assign my seats through TK call center.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thank you.
My opinion it's that status passengers should be able to choose a seat for free, domestic or international, Y or J.
I already dislike that on *A I can't choose a seat for free like happens on OW... having to pay also on the airline I have direct status with is very annoying.
I understand that airlines need to make the maximum of milk while causing a minimum of moo*. Charging passengers for advance seat selection if they have bought cheap fare buckets makes sense. UA Basic Economy is a great product if that’s all you need!

TK charging their own frequent fliers or the people in semi/flexible fares for advance seat selection would be a heavy-handed way to generate income.

It certainly would make this little fish swim non-TK routes sometimes.

* Terry Pratchett quote about taxes
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.