Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by jasdou
Interestingly, I was able to select seats 130+ days in advance using the new website on a business-class award itinerary.
Business Class is a another thing, starting 355 days before departure.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Business Class is a another thing, starting 355 days before departure.
Since when? I had to wait 100 days to select seats in J as of this Sep. for travel later this month.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Since when? I had to wait 100 days to select seats in J as of this Sep. for travel later this month.
This page confirms that policy. I don't know how long that has been.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I guess its no longer 100 days, these flights are about 180 days out, but weirdly the SEZ flights dont allow for seat selection
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:17 am

Those SEZ flights show 332 aircraft. Is it 1-1-1 herringbone config leased from JET? Seat map is not showing online.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
It seems that you can reserve seats more than 100 days out via the app. I booked a flight (December 2018) during the 15% off promo and selected my seats during the booking process:

Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CoweyB
It seems that you can reserve seats more than 100 days out via the app. I booked a flight (December 2018) during the 15% off promo and selected my seats during the booking process:
I find seat selection on J bookings accessible beyond 100 days, but not on my Y bookings.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by gr8pirate
I find seat selection on J bookings accessible beyond 100 days, but not on my Y bookings.
Seat selection with J booking always seems to be available. With Y, sometime it was and sometime it wasn’t. The app always gives an opportunity to select a seat but then shows a map with all the seats taken already.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by echino
Those SEZ flights show 332 aircraft. Is it 1-1-1 herringbone config leased from JET? Seat map is not showing online.
hmmm... or is it an ancient A332 with slanted seats.
Either way, not that there is any other choice on this route.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:37 pm

I booked VIE-IST-BOS-IAH TK Biz award yesterday via the UA site. I then went to the TK site to book seats. It would not recognize the PNR, even though it is the one given from the UA site FOR TK. So, Like I have done with OS and LO, I went to their Facebook page and messaged them requesting assistance. A prompt reply told me that I could chose my seats 100 days before departure. I reminded the agent that their website showed that J class seats can be chosen 355 days out, to which I received no reply. I went back to the TK site and reentered the PNR. It then asked me for the ticket number. I entered that and... voila! I was able to chose the seats. A330-300. I chose Row 4 center section. About thirty minutes later I got another Facebook message from TK saying they had been notified by the "TK Team" that our seats were now row 2, 2D and 2E, (or whatever the center section is.) Rows 3 and 4 still showed available but I left it at that. I just did NOT want to be row one. As long as we both have an aisle seat. I'm good.

I've also heard it's cooler toward the front of the plane so maybe row 2 will be better in that regard.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:32 pm

Dumb question, but what's the trick to change your seats?

I've previously selected seats, but now want to move. On the seat map page, I just see a red circle showing my current seat selection. Every time I try to select a new seat, I get this message "A passenger eligible for paid seat selection could not be found".

I assume this has something to do with the fact I've already selected my seats and the website won't let me unselect it...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
I've previously selected seats, but now want to move. On the seat map page, I just see a red circle showing my current seat selection. Every time I try to select a new seat, I get this message "A passenger eligible for paid seat selection could not be found".
Try to change your seat on the mobile app.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:18 pm

Sorry...double pist.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby

Try to change your seat on the mobile app.
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Dumb question, but what's the trick to change your seats?

I assume this has something to do with the fact I've already selected my seats and the website won't let me unselect it...
I ended up having to call. It was no problem at all to change my seat assignments by phone — twice!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So I booked a Biz seat for July during the sale this past fall. I booked via Priceline (I had reasons). When I looked up the res on the TK website, my seats were selected and it wouldn't allow my to change them. I posted here, and people said to wait until 100 days out.

Well, it's 100 days out, and NOW when I log into "manage reservations," I get a message "An unexpected problem occurred in your flights. Please review the flight details on your ticket." The itinerary shows up below it, but nothing is clickable or leads to anything else.

What gives?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.