Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Ch33rez
Whenever i entered my eticket number and last name on thy.com under my booking it says sorry for inconvinience try again later.. :s
You should check out another thread here at FT - you are not the only one. I have the same situation too, somehow if booked your TK tickets through a travel agent your e-tickets can't be displayed properly.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by nacho
You should check out another thread here at FT - you are not the only one. I have the same situation too, somehow if booked your TK tickets through a travel agent your e-tickets can't be displayed properly.
So far is there any solution for this issue or no ??
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So far is there any solution for this issue or no ??
Call TK call centre at IST, you can find the number at thy.com.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:45 am

When they will start seat selection for 737-800 ?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
For me they said: four to five (4-5) days before departure via local TK office. B738 flights.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:20 am

As soon as you can bring up the seatmap on thy.com dummy booking. Information about 4-5days is incorrect.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends on the flight - intra-Europe is 7 days before departure. I was told both by TK office in HK and IST call centre.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Information about 4-5days is incorrect.
Hei nainen...
Yes, both Turkish Airlines Finland office and IST 24h call center said, it is possible to choose seat 4-5 days before departure for HEL-IST leg. IST call center reserved seats for my IST-HKG leg 100 days before departure. THY.com booking with choose your seat option can be made all flights 100 days before departure when buying a ticket there. As we all know. If reservation is made 101 days or more before departure, call center and local offices are options until e-check in.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Hei nainen...
Yes, both Turkish Airlines Finland office and IST 24h call center said, it is possible to choose seat 4-5 days before departure for HEL-IST leg. IST call center reserved seats for my IST-HKG leg 100 days before departure. THY.com booking with choose your seat option can be made all flights 100 days before departure when buying a ticket there. As we all know. If reservation is made 101 days or more before departure, call center and local offices are options until e-check in.
If you can access your e-ticket via the TK web site, then you can choose seats beginning 100 days before the flight, even if you booked the flight before that. This is true for transatlantic flights, maybe someone could confirm whether it works for intra-europe flights as well.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erteke
If you can access your e-ticket via the TK web site, then you can choose seats beginning 100 days before the flight, even if you booked the flight before that. This is true for transatlantic flights, maybe someone could confirm whether it works for intra-europe flights as well.
I'm flying on TK CPH-IST-HKG in October and I made a call to IST call centre to get seat reservation and I got seats for the long hauls. They told me that I have to call to get seat assigned 7 days before departure for my CPH-IST leg, and I'm flying Y.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
It depends on the flight - intra-Europe is 7 days before departure. I was told both by TK office in HK and IST call centre.
Same response from TK HKG. But it's really strange how the seatmap on TK.com allows for seat selection on these sectors if you do a dummy booking.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: A Few
I recently booked my seats on JNB-IST @ 96 days out and IST-VIE @ 99 days prior to departure. Done in a 2 minute phone call to what I assume was their IST call centre (I used a 1-800 number from Canada).
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delay seat assisgnments

TK has delay the release of seat map for my flight HKG-IST for another day. This has been the third time since they have done that, is it normal? It has never happened before.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold, TK Elite
Thumbs up They were exceptionally helpful!

Rang the Turkish number - he spoke perfect English, and was exceptionally helpful. Gave me a choice of seat, sorted out meal request, etc.... great service!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:55 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk and TK Miles&Smiles forum vladleo ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.