Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fil_87
Hi there,

1) Which seats have TK installed on their 737-8 MAX fleet in business? Is it the same seat installed on their A321neo?
2) Any advice on the best J seat to choose on the A350?

Thanks in advance
1. The same seats that are on the A321neo.
2. Row 2-4-6 window seats if traveling solo.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Does anyone know what up with TK's 4-row J map on some of their 777-300ERs. I've been booked on a flight from BOM-IST-ORD on 1/18 and currently BOM-IST is 77W operated but only shows 4 rows of J. The second IST-ORD flight shows the normal 7 rows that I expected. I Checked expert flyer as well for that first flight and it shows the same thing. Are there some TK 77Ws with only 4 rows of J or are they not showing the last 3 rows for some reason or what's happening. Curious because I typically like to sit in 5K but that's not an option here for that flight. Thanks for any insight in advance!
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Does anyone know what up with TK's 4-row J map on some of their 777-300ERs. I've been booked on a flight from BOM-IST-ORD on 1/18 and currently BOM-IST is 77W operated but only shows 4 rows of J. The second IST-ORD flight shows the normal 7 rows that I expected. I Checked expert flyer as well for that first flight and it shows the same thing. Are there some TK 77Ws with only 4 rows of J or are they not showing the last 3 rows for some reason or what's happening. Curious because I typically like to sit in 5K but that's not an option here for that flight. Thanks for any insight in advance!
Three ex-Kenya Airways 777-300ER's have 4 rows of J rather than 7 ( TC-LKA/B/C ) and this is normal.
These three 777's are generally used on high Y needed routes such as Indian routes so what you're seeing is highly normal.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Three ex-Kenya Airways 777-300ER's have 4 rows of J rather than 7 ( TC-LKA/B/C ) and this is normal.
These three 777's are generally used on high Y needed routes such as Indian routes so what you're seeing is highly normal.
Fascinating did not know that. And a quick google search tells me Kenya's J seats are pretty much identical to Turkish's. I assume they are still with Kenya Airways's seats and not fitted with TK seats right? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Fascinating did not know that. And a quick google search tells me Kenya's J seats are pretty much identical to Turkish's. I assume they are still with Kenya Airways's seats and not fitted with TK seats right? Thanks!
TK hasn't changed the seats of these aircrafts. Those aircraft have the KQ seats installed.
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Is there anyway to select seats when using a third party to book? I have an Aeroplan business reward booking with some segments on Turkish.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmt18325
Is there anyway to select seats when using a third party to book? I have an Aeroplan business reward booking with some segments on Turkish.
You could call TK on the phone or try the mobile application.
jmt18325 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could call TK on the phone or try the mobile application.
The app appears to work. Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Hi, one leg of our October flight MAN-IST-MRU was cancelled and we had to rebook for November.
Before we had seats 3A/B on the A330 on the IST-MRU leg, but when we went to choose seats for our November flights the only seats available were 5A/B and 5J/K 1D/E and 3D/E on the IST-MRU leg.
We chose 5J/K but thinking it would be best to change to the middle 3D/E given row 5's proximity to the galley and ? washrooms?

Any advice would be appreciated, thankyou!
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
OK we changed to 3D/E as 5J/K look very close to the galley and washrooms.
If anyone has experience of those seats it would be helpful, thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
OK we changed to 3D/E as 5J/K look very close to the galley and washrooms.
If anyone has experience of those seats it would be helpful, thanks.
I don't have any experience with either set, but I doubt it will make a huge difference - the cabin feels fairly spacious, and it's a night flight where people will settle down and sleep most of the time. Granted, when we flew IST-MRU two weeks ago, there were only 4 people in the cabin (3A/B and 3J/K), so I didn't have a lot of cabin traffic to judge. Dinner was served half an hour after take off, after setting the bedding and pillow. The only downside we experienced was that our bags didn't connect...
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by edelweiss
I don't have any experience with either set, but I doubt it will make a huge difference - the cabin feels fairly spacious, and it's a night flight where people will settle down and sleep most of the time. Granted, when we flew IST-MRU two weeks ago, there were only 4 people in the cabin (3A/B and 3J/K), so I didn't have a lot of cabin traffic to judge. Dinner was served half an hour after take off, after setting the bedding and pillow. The only downside we experienced was that our bags didn't connect...
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

We originally had 3A/B but the flight was changed.

Our cabin is almost full to date except for 2 seats on the IST-MRU and just one seat on the MRU-IST leg as the island opens up further from Oct 1st. Our flight is early November.

Sorry to read about your bags! Did it take long to be reunited with them?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

We originally had 3A/B but the flight was changed.

Our cabin is almost full to date except for 2 seats on the IST-MRU and just one seat on the MRU-IST leg as the island opens up further from Oct 1st. Our flight is early November.

Sorry to read about your bags! Did it take long to be reunited with them?
Ah, forgot to mention - the seat maps showed *a lot* more occupied seats, esp on the EWR-IST leg (originally a 333, but switched to a 773 a few days before the flight) but on the actual flights, the cabin was a lot emptier. My memory's a bit fuzzy now, but my guess is that EWR-IST showed about 80% occupied on the seat map, actual was ~30%, while IST-MRU was about 50% seat map, actual was 4 out of 28. I suppose it's possible some people cancelled in the last 24-48 hours, but I think TK was blocking a lot of the seats for some reason, esp the bassinet ones. I'm not sure how that will play out now, given the Oct 1st reopening; there might also be a lot more economy passengers eligible for upgrades that would balance out the blocked seats? (My IST-MRU flight had a total of 34 passengers)

Bags took a week because TK was flying only once a week. Trying to talk to TK via twitter and their baggage tracing ticketing system was useless. The airport baggage service (handled by MK) was much more helpful for locating and delivering the bags. Now I have to deal with the ticketing system again for the expense reimbursements (they want me to itemize each purchase when my receipts are already itemized and uploaded... )
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by edelweiss
Ah, forgot to mention - the seat maps showed *a lot* more occupied seats, esp on the EWR-IST leg (originally a 333, but switched to a 773 a few days before the flight) but on the actual flights, the cabin was a lot emptier. My memory's a bit fuzzy now, but my guess is that EWR-IST showed about 80% occupied on the seat map, actual was ~30%, while IST-MRU was about 50% seat map, actual was 4 out of 28. I suppose it's possible some people cancelled in the last 24-48 hours, but I think TK was blocking a lot of the seats for some reason, esp the bassinet ones. I'm not sure how that will play out now, given the Oct 1st reopening; there might also be a lot more economy passengers eligible for upgrades that would balance out the blocked seats? (My IST-MRU flight had a total of 34 passengers)

Bags took a week because TK was flying only once a week. Trying to talk to TK via twitter and their baggage tracing ticketing system was useless. The airport baggage service (handled by MK) was much more helpful for locating and delivering the bags. Now I have to deal with the ticketing system again for the expense reimbursements (they want me to itemize each purchase when my receipts are already itemized and uploaded... )
Many thanks for replying.

How on earth did you manage for a week without any luggage? I know they will reimburse items you buy but IME Mauritius is not that great a place to buy clothing, at least women's clothing.

Hope you manage to get your reimbursement sorted soon.

I found MK baggage system was efficient when EK damaged a case a few years ago. A new replacement case was waiting for us at MAN when we returned.

The MAN-IST legs seem to have few pax but the IST-MRU legs are almost full - I verified this with Expertflyer app.

One off topic question: How were the meals on IST-MRU leg?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 1:49 pm

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Oct 9, 2021 at 1:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.