Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
It's a known glitch on the TK website.
Normally, the configuration should look like;

R1: A EF K
R2: A D G K
R3: A EF K
R4: A D G K
R5: A EF K
R6: A D G K
R7: A EF K
R8: A D G K
First time I use TK's seat selection. Didn't know about the glitch, thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:32 pm

Sorry to be confused .
Can business class pax request seat allocation prior to the 100 day period.
I'm travelling IST-SIN in March.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ozflier
Sorry to be confused .
Can business class pax request seat allocation prior to the 100 day period.
I'm travelling IST-SIN in March.
The 100-day limit is for Economy Class passengers.
Business Class passengers could choose their seats from 355 days before their flight.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:30 pm

Thank you for that.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Trying to choose seats on my flight, award booked by partner. I get the seat selection offer in the app, but then when I try to save the changes, I get this error message:
"Due to system issues, we cannot perform your transaction through online channels. Please the call center (4440849) to perform your transaction"

Called callcenter, and agent is unable to help. Says his system won't let him.. unsure what to do.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Trying to choose seats on my flight, award booked by partner. I get the seat selection offer in the app, but then when I try to save the changes, I get this error message:
"Due to system issues, we cannot perform your transaction through online channels. Please the call center (4440849) to perform your transaction"

Called callcenter, and agent is unable to help. Says his system won't let him.. unsure what to do.
Managed to choose via LHs website. What a joke that neither TKs own app nor their call center could do it, but a third airline (which is neither issuer or the flight is on is able to)
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

Managed to choose via LHs website. What a joke that neither TKs own app nor their call center could do it, but a third airline (which is neither issuer or the flight is on is able to)
Is this an award ticket issued by M&M or/and does the ticket contain any LH/LX/OS/SN segment?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Is this an award ticket issued by M&M or/and does the ticket contain any LH/LX/OS/SN segment?
Yes, return it with LX. I had BJV-IST-JFK in the same booking before which I was able to select seats on but I rebooked to BJV-IST-EWR and then seat selection no longer worked.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:39 pm

Problem booking seats

I have booked a TK flight at the Business Class level from NAV-MAD (connecting in IST), using miles from AC. The NAV-IST leg has only Economy. I retrieved the TK PNR from AC without a problem.
When trying to manage the flight on the TK website, it complains about the "sales channel" and won't let me do anything.

I've called the TK toll-free number several times. There is no problem booking the J seats on the IST-MAD leg. When they try to book the seats on the NAV-IST leg, they explain that I need to pay for them. Of course this is ridiculous having "paid" for business class, but since it's only like $6 per ticket, who cares? They transfer me to the automated system to enter my credit card, and each and every time they say "the payment didn't go through". I've tried several credit cards that I've been using for foreign currency transactions several times a day while I plan this multi-country trip without a problem. I'm certain it is not a card problem.

Exasperated, since I happened to be at JFK a bit early for an AA flight, I took the AirTrain to terminal 1 and went to see if I could do it in person. Still no luck. She said it could only possibly be done on the phone. On the phone they are suggesting I do it at the airport. I really don't want to be stuck at the back of the plane on a flight I paid business class miles for. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a known issue for partner issued tickets.
There is nothing else to do. People don't tend to pay for seats in domestic Turkish flights so you'll have a decent seat if you check in online 24 hours before when OLCI open.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:03 pm

-dupe, please delete-

Last edited by pimlottc; Aug 18, 2021 at 1:07 pm Reason: duplicate post, please delete
Old Aug 18, 2021, 1:07 pm

It seems like the seat selection for international flights has changed? I have a direct economy ticket planned for September booked through UA using miles. The Turkish Airlines site shows $39 for normal seats and $119 for exit row/bulkhead. An agent confirmed this over the phone but said that seat selection was free at OLCI 24 hours prior to take-off. I didn't think to ask about bulkheads or exit rows, though.

Does anyone know whether bulkhead seats are still free during OLCI? Or if exit rows are still available for free at the airport?
Old Aug 21, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pimlottc
It seems like the seat selection for international flights has changed? I have a direct economy ticket planned for September booked through UA using miles. The Turkish Airlines site shows $39 for normal seats and $119 for exit row/bulkhead. An agent confirmed this over the phone but said that seat selection was free at OLCI 24 hours prior to take-off. I didn't think to ask about bulkheads or exit rows, though.

Does anyone know whether bulkhead seats are still free during OLCI? Or if exit rows are still available for free at the airport?
Yes, seat selection in Y is chargeable for everyone except Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus customers and Turkish Corporate Club passengers. This change came in effect about 8-9 months ago.

Bulkhead seats and exit row seats are not free during OLCI but they are still free at the airport.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: Nomad Club
Hi, is there anyone from Turkish Airlines to advice seat availability on TK flights for service tickets? please DM
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:25 am

Hi there,

1) Which seats have TK installed on their 737-8 MAX fleet in business? Is it the same seat installed on their A321neo?
2) Any advice on the best J seat to choose on the A350?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.